Nottingham Forest | Cooper sacked, Nuno takes charge

Melville Red

What the hell is wrong with FOrest. They were clearly not going down. I hope they collapse with Nuno No Spirito. Poor ol Cooper gonna have a bad Christmas now.
A bad Christmas with his pay off? He‘ll have a damn fine Christmas and will take over at Palace when Roy Hodgson finally retires at the end of the season.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
What the hell is wrong with FOrest. They were clearly not going down. I hope they collapse with Nuno No Spirito. Poor ol Cooper gonna have a bad Christmas now.
There’s an article in the Athletic detailing how the Greek wasn’t happy with how much support Coops had with the fans and has been feeding stories to the press to undermine him for a number of months. That’s part of what’s wrong.

Jacko21

There’s an article in the Athletic detailing how the Greek wasn’t happy with how much support Coops had with the fans and has been feeding stories to the press to undermine him for a number of months. That’s part of what’s wrong.
Read that this morning. Quite illuminating!

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Why are there so many insults on the guys physical appearance? FFS, like we have any choice on that score, for the most part. Very odd.
It's very unfair, no one can choose their looks, but I have to admit the first thing that has always jumped out to me about this guy has been how ugly he is. He just is! It's sad but that's how it is.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It's very unfair, no one can choose their looks, but I have to admit the first thing that has always jumped out to me about this guy has been how ugly he is. He just is! It's sad but that's how it is.
Absolutely wouldnt bemoan anyone’s opinion on that or noticing it but gosh, no need to try and make fun of it.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Why are there so many insults on the guys physical appearance? FFS, like we have any choice on that score, for the most part. Very odd.
Coops is a devastatingly handsome man with an infectious cherubic smile and a streak of integrity a mile wide - there is genuine man love here!

Last edited:

The Urban Goose

Well it’s official now - So feck off Forest, feck off Marikanis and feck off to the next manager. The Greek had better have the stones to turn up on Saturday to hear what the fans think of this. Just feck off!
If you put to one side the sacking of a Forest legend in Coops - the replacement is about as uninspiring and shit as you can get - hence Feck Forest and feck Marikanis.
Finished crying yet?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Nottingham Forest have a squad far more capable than being 17th/16th in the league. They will do a lot better with Nuno.

PoTMS

Sacking Cooper will eventually pay off for Forest. Instead of potentially getting relegated, they'll end up in midtable and about £20m better off.

saik

Nottingham Forest have a squad far more capable than being 17th/16th in the league. They will do a lot better with Nuno.
This is what I thought after the investment they laid out. They have a decent squad who should comfortably be midtable, not fighting relegation again. I am very surprised reading the comments above supporting Cooper. I genuinely think he has taken them as far as he can and a change was needed.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
To be fair Nuno's Wolves were devastatingly quick in counters. So definitely think it would be more than a bounce.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Nottingham has some very young hot prospects, like Murilo, Danilo and the squad is overall decent. Don't think they will go down, also because if they have wood they will always be up Bah-Dum-Tss.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

To be fair new manager bounce is a huge thing. I’d wait it out before making conclusive remarks.
I'd agree with that. Let's not forget Nuno won his first few games in charge of Spurs, earning him the PL manager of the month, only for him to get sacked 2 months later.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If you put to one side the sacking of a Forest legend in Coops - the replacement is about as uninspiring and shit as you can get - hence Feck Forest and feck Marikanis.
What about now

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Well it looks like the caf was wrong again
Football fans in general are far too over emotional when it comes to managers. You have fans of the 'bigger' clubs getting all upset, angry and wishing doom on the 'lesser' sides whenever they sack an underperforming manager :lol:

Nuno may not have been the man for Spurs but his track record with Wolves suggests he's more than a good enough appointment for what Forest need right now.

Varun1

Why are they in the market for a keeper? Didn't they buy 2 over the summer!

Varun1

I assume it's because Matt Turner makes jelly look solid
What a fecking joke if true!
Amazing how EPL teams like to throw money at players who have a record of being average/poor. I thought the EPL whould use the Saudi transfers as a refresh, instead they used that money to buy even more shite.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Was just reading this about Brentford and their club accounts but this bit which shows Forest wages to income. Bloody hell, I thought we were bad!

caid

Was just reading this about Brentford and their club accounts but this bit which shows Forest wages to income. Bloody hell, I thought we were bad!

Does the (C) not represent championship? Because that would make more sense

JB7

Ouch!
Find that a weird dig tbh. It's not like United have been set up to be particularly profitable as a club; maybe profitable for a family but that's clearly different economics.

cyberman

Find that a weird dig tbh. It's not like United have been set up to be particularly profitable as a club; maybe profitable for a family but that's clearly different economics.
Top clubs don’t set out to make a profit. It’s a dickhead statement

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
It’s a clickbait comment really isn’t it? Try to rile up United fans and get millions of clicks… Put simply, while not ideal, United have the commercial and revenue generating power to get away with being run poorly and haemorrhaging money into the playing side of things. Brentford can’t and especially not with the new FFP rules coming in. That being said if we want to make another profit next time around it is relying on Toney going for big money in to add to the Raya money coming in soon. Will be interesting to see how long we can continue to make a profit while we stay in the Premier league - hardly any team does….