Wed, 28 February 2024 @ 7:45pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    It is the lack of penetration from him, especially when compared to Garnacho when playing that side that stands out, desperately needs the movement around him from Dalot and McT into that right channel. to be effective.
    Nah he was good and linked in well with the players around him, he doesn’t need to sprint around.

Withnail

What is this obsession with conceded shots recently? Who cares if they have 20 shots from afar as long as they were not straight chances.
    It really has been all low % pot shots. It's a bit odd as it's not working but it gives people a something to moan about. Not that the performances have been good but it's rare any of these shots cause danger.

GazTheLegend

What is this obsession with conceded shots recently? Who cares if they have 20 shots from afar as long as they were not straight chances.
    Yeah, who cares about shots, goals, and winning games of football? What does it all mean anyway. It's not like a lot of those shots were inside our box, from cut backs after breaking, whereby we've been conceding a stupid number of goals to shots that teams make in the box, from cut backs on the break. We haven't even conceded. Yet.

HookedOnAPhelan

Antony has been maybe our best player in that half. Good linkup play, barely lost the ball, good little layoffs that should have led to chances, could very easily have scored.

And of course half the posts in here are just whingeing about him. :lol:
    People either don't watch the game, or they're too thick to process what they're seeing.

evil_geko

Because good teams dont face this many shots so consistently? Its a consistent thing about us and our manager aint fixing it. So we should just ignore it until they go in?
    Again, if they are long range shots doing feck all except raising stats, who bloody cares? So many stats merchants recently obsessing over stupid stats.

Dec9003

Antony has been maybe our best player in that half. Good linkup play, barely lost the ball, good little layoffs that should have led to chances, could very easily have scored.

And of course half the posts in here are just whingeing about him. :lol:
    I can’t believe what I’m reading. I get people don’t like him, myself included but we don’t need to pretend he hasn’t played well when he has.

Dec9003

Again, if they are long range shots doing feck all except raising stats, who bloody cares? So many stats merchants recently obsessing over stupid stats.
    I don’t think they are all long range shots though.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
    They're gonna get a goal after a sustained amount of pressure. We're gonna push men forward, they'll counter attack to get another goal. 2-0 Forest win

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    Should be ahead: Scotty should have scored but he's playing quite well and is certainly more of a threat than Rashford, whose one effort was laughably poor. Didn't even hear his name for the first 15 minutes. He's definitely in "I don't want to be here, I want to be out clubbing" mode.

Antony's looked pretty good, I don't think his effort which hit the bar was a "miss" as such. not an easy one. but best player by far so far is Varane. Meanwhile, Amrabat looks like a clown at left back

stu_1992

I came into the game with ridiculously low expectations considering our usual reaction to losing a few players to injury, so that first half was actually a pleasant surprise to me. Some really good chances for us there, and we really should be ahead. Hopefully we can get back to the levels to the first 20 minutes where we created the majority of our chances.

evil_geko

Yeah, who cares about shots, goals, and winning games of football? What does it all mean anyway. It's not like a lot of those shots were inside our box, from cut backs after breaking, whereby we've been conceding a stupid number of goals to shots that teams make in the box, from cut backs on the break. We haven't even conceded. Yet.
    Yeah, ignore the fact I was talking about long range shots that are not even threat while people going crazy about them. And you went on about tons of other things.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    Pretty irrelevant anyway since there's no chance of beating Liverpool in the quarters

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
    Dalot has been excellent. Antony good. The rest have been average or appalling.

Natener

Maybe we need to show video clips to Rashford on how he scored those goals last season. See if it jogs his memory.
    So the finger pointing to his head all along was to tell us he’s losing his memory next season. Now we know…

SuperiorXI

Disagree, they've had double our shots and to be honest should have scored at least one of those chances. Maybe we should have scored one but it would be flattering to go in ahead here, we've been poor again and Forest are on course to have more than 24 shots against us.
    They might of had more shots but their chances have been poor in comparison to ours.

eire-red

It's painful seeing Wazza at half time, knowing the quality we used to have up front and how easy it was to take that for granted.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
    Supports
    There's only one United!
    referee goes to berate ten hag on the touchline whilst klopp screams all through the games and they never tell him anything
    corruption reigns

Gopher Brown

I have followed football for a long time. I have lived in Nottingham. I have been to the City Ground several times. I never knew fecking Mull of Kintyre was Forest's song.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
    Just seen if we win, we likely would have to play Liverpool in the next round... :rolleyes:

FerociousCorgis

It's painful seeing Wazza at half time, knowing the quality we used to have up front and how easy it was to take that for granted.
    we took so much for granted. Think of some of the quality we got used to. Then fast forward to post SAF.

the_cliff

One thing I'll say about Antony, he does do his job defensively. He's a very frustrating player on the ball but we do seem a lot more solid defensively on the right when he is playing.

Heinzesight

Casemiro can feck off if he is just happy for players to run past him so easily. Never even tries to hold them up or anything. Either dangles a leg or fouls them.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    We’re so bad it’s unreal! What’s it gonna take to play decent football! Sick of watching this shite

christinaa

Gossip Girl
    Supports
    There's only one United!
    Just seen if we win, we likely would have to play Liverpool in the next round... :rolleyes:
    that's fine as we beat them 2=1 the last time they came to old trafford

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 172 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Nottingham Forest win