Nou Camp stadium to be rebranded Nou Camp Spotify

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
damn, need to boycott barca for vaccination misinformation...hope madrid get sponsored by youtube soon so i have a good guy to root for!

Normandy

Supports
Montreal Impact
Everyone except broadcasters and sponsors will still refer to it as the Nou Camp or Camp Nou.

Like St James' Park or Dean Court.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Oh I’ll call it Camp Spotify. If they are going to sell their soul like that, then everyone should want to drive the nail home.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Every throw in and corner will have an ad playing - *trumpet noise* "BUY SPOTIFY PREMIUM YOU CHEAP FECK!"

Red the Bear

Something less generic
This is so cringe, so much so for suppose more than a club.

Womp

idiot
I'm no football finance guru, but 237m seems on the cheaper side for stadium naming rights? Especially for one as big as the Camp Nou.

InfiniteBoredom

This is inevitable since the moment they put UNICEF on their shirts.

Blusters and sanctimonious prattles aside, no business can say no to the Benjamins.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
I'm no football finance guru, but 237m seems on the cheaper side for stadium naming rights? Especially for one as big as the Camp Nou.
Well if it was a new stadium or refurbished they probably would of got more, but as of now it’s just a big lump of concrete, it’s nothing special from the outside, it’s pretty dated like our own stadium at least we have a bit of red brick for character.

Gregawa

Feels like it's only a matter of time before all stadiums are sponsored. I just hope United don't get a naff one, like Microsoft Teams.

DaGOAT

Spotify Stadium soon come
Nope.

People in here confusing naming rights and title rights. Two different things.

‘Camp Nou Spotify’ is what it’s most likely gonna be. Camp Nou will not be removed.

ROFLUTION

I can almost hear an american commentator proudly saying "Welcome to the Spotify Nou Camp.. Brought to you by...."

Then have that annoying over the top fake irish accented commenter chip in afterwards

Mike Smalling

It's sad and hilarious at the same time.

Only a matter of time before the same thing happens to Old Trafford, I feel.

RoyH1

As cringy as it sounds, they have no choice considering the state of the clubs debt and how Madrid is a year away from their shiny new all year use stadium. And Spotify is better than some shady oil money linked to human rights abuses.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
That's a lot of money for something most people will just be embarrassed about. Then again, people call it the Carabao Cup so who's to say.

Is this how they're funding their random shit forwards spending spree?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Would be awesome to have Joe Rogan as commentator at Spotify Nou

RoyH1

We laugh at this now but with our owners, it could happen one day :( Imagine "MacDonald Trafford" "Instagram Old Trafford"
It's going to end up happening with most big clubs. You just cross your fingers hoping for the company with the least cringy sounding name possible getting the naming rights. "Tik Tok Old Trafford" would be the worst possible outcome imo.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
El Nou Rogan can now claim he can say the n-word because it's a colour. Your move lefties.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's going to end up happening with most big clubs. You just cross your fingers hoping for the company with the least cringy sounding name possible getting the naming rights. "Tik Tok Old Trafford" would be the worst possible outcome imo.
Every new signing would have to do a cringy tiktok introduction

crossy1686

career ending
Spotify don't really need this, everyone knows who they are and most people use them. Reminds me of that time Vodafone bought the £70m rights to use Yoda in one of their adverts. You see all kinds of this random shit happening when it's time to pay taxes, they might as well buy a stadium naming rights as hand it all over to the government.

Oranges038

Bound to happen sooner or later.

Might see a return of concerts. A Joe Rogan live podcast in front of 100,000 people would be spectacular.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Bound to happen sooner or later.

Might see a return of concerts. A Joe Rogan live podcast in front of 100,000 people would be spectacular.
God can imagine him trying to get the audience to shout the N word.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
How long until Tik Tok Trafford?
That actually rolls off the tongue really nicely. Part of the deal should surely be to have prominent Tik Tok'ers like Lewandowski to perform silly dances at HT.