Number 10 shirt | Rashford officially our new #10

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Seriously who should finally get it ?

Sanchez for being almost everywhere on the pitch ? Perhaps Fred because Pereira will be played deeper... Fellaini ?

Lingard had a good season. Does he qualify ? If no then who ?

Rojofiam

I can only see Pogba getting it from the current squad. I'd leave it unassigned for now.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Will either be free for a year or go to Rashford. There was a discussion on this not long ago.
For a player who spends most time on the wing is that a proper number for him ?

Fred has already taken the number 17 shirt.

I think we should just leave it open, no one really stands out for it.

Maybe Rashford will take it within a few seasons though.
Now that just says a lot bad about the team. Surely there must be someone who could take repsonsibility of wearing that shirt.

Snafu17

It's going to be either Pogba, Rashford or left free for a year.

Big Andy

Bloke
Seriously who should finally get it ?

Sanchez for being almost everywhere on the pitch ? Perhaps Fred because Pereira will be played deeper... Fellaini ?

Lingard had a good season. Does he qualify ? If no then who ?
They’re not going to take 7 off Sanchez about 7 months after signing him...

Fer

Eriksen, Dybala or James... But I think it's going to be Willian.

VesRiddle

If we don't get a marquee signing, let's give no. 10 to Mata. He loves the number and will probably leave next summer, so he could pass the number forward then.

beingshe7don

Willian can't be given the No. 10 if he comes. I would like to see Thiago brought in and be given the No 10 and have him play there behind Sanchez and Lukaku with Pogba and Fred/ Matic behind him. But that won't happen. So No. 10 won't be filled this year like we've had the No. 7 vacant since Depay left.

SolskjaerHasDoneIt

For a player who spends most time on the wing is that a proper number for him ?

Now that just says a lot bad about the team. Surely there must be someone who could take repsonsibility of wearing that shirt.
Only player that could handle the responsibility is Lukaku imo. He has the right mentality to take it but I doubt he cares too much about it when he has #9.

Really hope Willian doesn’t take it if he joins although it’s only a number so it doesn’t really matter haha.

el3mel

I think Pogba has started the brand with number 6 since moving here and won't change it now. He wore number 10 with Juve in last season, but since moving here he has been wearing 6 on all levels.

van Nistelrooy

Seriously?

Why can't fans accept that just because a significant squad number is vacant, that a current player will switch to it.

We quite often keep numbers vacant to reserve them for major signings. It's happened many times before with the #7 and #9.

No one should switch to it.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
It wouldn't be Pogba. He already has a midfielder's number. The only number I can see him possibly changing to is #8 as that fits his role on the team. But seeing as he wears #6 for France too, I think he already has the number he wants. As for the #10, I don't see anyone in our current first team who would have it. Perhaps in a couple years someone will step up and earn it. Either that, or it will be a big name that comes in sometime in the future...