Nunez Headbutt

Edwards6

What a surprise the journalists making excuses for the headbutt, they're ignoring the reason Anderson pushed him is because Nunez tried to butt him with the back of his head first

Wicked_Badger

Hope Klopp appeals so he can play against us. Bloke lost his head in his home debut vs Crystal Palace. I’d just tell McT to shithouse him all game. He’d crumble & do it again.

Not to mention he was fecking dire too. And Liverpool seemed to default to ‘hit the big man with crosses’ tactics too, which we still wouldn’t be able to deal with but it’d be better than them playing properly against us.

Moby

Dick
He'll get punished by Klopp. They have other options in Firmino and Jota who can play up front. Absolute madness to do something like that.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Already look like he is feeling the pressure. Have to be very careful.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Idiot, he should have pulled his hair then he'd have stayed on with no further action.

Wilt

Was there any injury to Andersen ?.…seeing he went down like a sack of spuds

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Just dumb from Nunez. I'd expect 3 matches as a minimum. What will be interesting is when he is back if other players can get under his skin as well.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

He tried, failed and then succeeded.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Just completely lost his head, probably hasn't been marked / bullied by defenders yet in Portugal like he was yesterday.

Hopefully someone at the club talks to him and this is a one off, certainly should be anyway.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Didn't think it was that bad, 3 games seems fine to me. Maybe another for attempting to headbutt him before hand.

Last edited:

pauldyson1uk

Doesn't think it was that bad, 3 games seems fine to me. Maybe another for attempting to headbutt him before hand.
I disagree, if that would out in the street, it would be assault and a charge.
The fact he tried and failed once makes it worse, I would say the same who ever it was, I think 3 is not enough, 5 minimum.
Cant remember the last time I saw a blatant head butt like that in the PL.

ROFLUTION

I've underrated Andersen. The clever player gets under the skin of the immature one. Sign that fella up.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Doesn't think it was that bad, 3 games seems fine to me. Maybe another for attempting to headbutt him before hand.
He also lashed out earlier before the first attempted headbutt where he got lucky and missed Andersen.

crossy1686

career ending
Interesting that he was handed a prison sentence.

I wonder why more players don’t press charges against bad challenges or tackles. Imagine your career gets derailed from a bad challenge and the other guy just gets a few match ban. I’d be suing the opponent, the refs, the oppositon, the fa for failing to protect my body etc for and for potentially missed career earnings in the future.

Is there stipulations in the contracts that prevent suing?
Dunc was handed a prison sentence because he had 3 prior charges for headbutting policemen...

Lynty

If you gonna headbutt, go the full Zidanne.

Give them reason to hit the neck. Never understood this rubbing foreheads then diving on the floor - embrassing on both parts.

Better still, just react with a goal.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs

He tried, failed and then succeeded.
First time I’ve seen it. There’s actually 2, first a back headed one (which results in the shove from the defender). That’s pretty atrocious. You’d expect the FA to come down on him like a ton of bricks, and if the FA don’t certainly Klopp will. Klopp won’t stand for that type of behavior from his players.