Nuno leaving Wolves

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Which way do you think Wolves will go Leicester or Swansea?

I could see them struggling, they've looked average this season compared to the last two when they looked capable of beating any team on their day.

Often teams from the Championship burst into the Premier League and then run out of steam after 2, 3 or 4 seasons.
They’ve missed the home crowd more than most I think.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Would genuinely love to see what Chris Wilder would do with that Wolves squad given how they've been trained in 3-5-2 for last 4 years.

Will likely turn their noses up at him though and appoint someone like Paulo Fonseca. Jardim also mentioned.

Blood Mage

Solid as a rock mid-table manager but I don't think he'll ever be much more than that. So perfect for Spurs!

They might as well hire Hodgson though, he'd be cheaper and would probably achieve about as much as Nuno will there.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
His/their football was painful to watch. One of the league's least interesting teams.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
They'll be much better to watch with either Paulo Fonseca or Bruno Lage but Nuno did a pretty good job overall. I'd love to see Conceição in the Premier League too, if people think Mourinho is toxic then the reactions to Sérgio's antics would be hilarious.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I'm really surprised about this, was his contract coming to an end? This will fuel rumours of Spurs, seems logical.
Maybe they feel there's a time for a more progressive coach. Their team is pretty good on paper with 2, 3 smart deals and Jimenez back they could attack Europa league places with an outside chance of Champions league but they certainly need a new less pragmatic manager. Nuno really is a boring one. Has done a good job taking them to the PL and establishing them there but that's that.

Acole9

Outstanding
Maybe they feel there's a time for a more progressive coach. Their team is pretty good on paper with 2, 3 smart deals and Jimenez back they could attack Europa league places with an outside chance of Champions league but they certainly need a new less pragmatic manager. Nuno really is a boring one. Has done a good job taking them to the PL and establishing them there but that's that.
I said after we played them earlier in the season for the players they have they shouldn't be playing such dull football.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They were quality for the first season or 2 they came up.
But this year they've been dreadful. They did lose their massively star player in fairness.

G-MUFC

Lots of harsh opinions on Nuno here! I think he's a decent manager and Wolves will definitely regret letting him go. I don't think his style of football is as bad as people on here think.
We as Utd fans are throwing stones in glass houses if we criticise a manager that was more successful in the Championship than our manager was!

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Think he could be great as a number 2 to Ole - would be a step up for him from the Wolves job and surely has experience and insight Ole could benefit from.

Could also work for us if we wanted any of say Jiminez, Neto, etc. on the cheap to beef out the squad a little.
Thoroughly terrible idea. It’s not a step up, it’s a massive step down for him. I don’t see what insight Ole will gain from working with him or how hiring him would allow us to sign Wolves best players ‘on the cheap’.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Great younger manager. Gets a bad rub for the last 18-24 months but Wolves have practically played 2 years without break.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Wolves turned into the only team in the league I actively avoided watching, they were that dull. Hopefully he doesn't get another PL job.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Marco Silva turn up to replace him, although I think that would be a mistake too.

Hopefully Spurs do go in for him, they'd be a disaster for a couple of years. I don't think Levy is that thick though.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Either wolves had enough of shit on a stick football or he fancied a move back home. Either way I can’t see him getting a PL job.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think people are being harsh on him, he took Wolves from the Championship to a mid-table PL club.

I think other teams will be looking at him. His football isn't scintillating but if he keeps the team up then that's all that matters to teams at the bottom of the league.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
I think people are being harsh on him, he took Wolves from the Championship to a mid-table PL club.

I think other teams will be looking at him. His football isn't scintillating but if he keeps the team up then that's all that matters to teams at the bottom of the league.
Mendes took wolves up the premiership.

hehe.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Thats a totally reasonable view. Who would you prefer ideally and realistically?
I don’t really know much about foreign managers but I remember reading about Gladbachs manager from @Adnan I think and he sounds fairly exciting. From the PL I’d say Potter.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wonder how he will fare without an endless supply of Portuguese talent?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don’t really know much about foreign managers but I remember reading about Gladbachs manager from @Adnan I think and he sounds fairly exciting. From the PL I’d say Potter.
I'm actually quite intrigued to see how Nuno does at Everton if he's appointed the head coach. His tactics at Wolves were modfied to suit the huge influx of Portuguese players that were bought to the club, which actually hindered him and his preferred way of playing the game imo. At Everton i'm anticipating he will adopt a high pressing 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 formation with focus on fast transitions which is something he has favoured in the past.

So if I was a Everton fan i'd give Nuno a chance.

Last edited:

Jaxa

I'd be pretty depressed if I was an Everton fan, Nuno's football is a bit shit and Everton have some decent attackers in the squad , very strange appointments this season so far, Nuno to Everton, Fonseca to Spurs, both very underwhelming,

I think i'd rather roll the dice with Hasenhuttl or Potter , especially the latter