Nuno sacked

Sviken

Again you are conflating situations that do not resemble each other. The Ole situation is different from the Nuno situation which is different from the Lampard situation.

Let’s deal with the Nuno situation first. To sack someone ten games into the season when you don’t spend any money on players is stupid. Point blank. What are they expecting, miracles? If you’re going to ask him to work on a shoestring then you have to give him time to implement his ideas.
We're going in circles. All that matters is the result of the sacking. If Conte manages to get them top 4, that's more than worth sacking a manager like Nuno. They have a much better option available and a manager they think is underperforming. They go for it while we sit here and wonder why we are so shit.

Counterfactual

Manager of the Month for August to Sacked on 1st November.
How quickly the world turns...

" In his first month at Spurs, Nuno was the only manager or head coach to win his first three matches of 2021/22 as he led Spurs to the top of the table with three consecutive wins and no goals conceded. "

... now thrown under a bus by Levy.

Blood Mage

Conte won't last long working under someone as stingy as Levy. It still makes me sick to watch our rivals continue to be proactive and decisive while we dither with Ole though.

Matt851

I thought we poorly run. But sacking Mourinho and hiring Nuno has to be the no1 stupid decision this year.
Its ridiculous but if they get conte then they will end up with a genuinely top class manager

While we will piss around letting ole trying to prove himself for months too long because ed is worried about admitting he made a mistake

FatTails

BREAKING: Antonio Conte has been offered an 18-month contract by Tottenham, according to Sky in Italy.

:lol: 18 months? Meanwhile we hand a 3 year extension to the ex-Molde manager after being beaten to the EL by a team that cost less than Fred to assemble.

90 + 5min

Suddenly people want us to be Tottenham and make Levy like brilliant football man. People on here never surprises.

From wanting us to lose, taking Farke or whoever to now wanting us to behave like Tottenham and Watford. Impressive.

FatTails

18 months is ridiculous to be fair

No it’s not. Chelsea did the same with Tuchel. You can always extend within the first six months if the signs and trends make it obvious you should.

And if things aren’t going well, the payout is not huge if you need to sack the manager.

It’s going to become standard practice, and we will eventually start doing the same thing, but probably many years after all the other big clubs are doing it.

TheLiverBird

18 months is weird

It’s neither party wanting to commit

Then On the other hand, maybe it’s not that weird

18 months is a decent amount of time to implement a new mentality/system and to show “progress”.

Break the mould, bring a winning mentality in, get the players hungry, stop the rot and maybe some funds on top during this period in January and the Summer to aid the change.

You won’t get the finished article in 18 months of course, but you can certainly turn things around extremely positively in that time, Spurs need that, desperately

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Why would Conte go there now when he didn't in the summer. More money?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
No it’s not. Chelsea did the same with Tuchel. You can always extend within the first six months if the signs and trends make it obvious you should.

And if things aren’t going well, the payout is not huge if you need to sack the manager.

It’s going to become standard practice, and we will eventually start doing the same thing, but probably many years after all the other big clubs are doing it.
Nah we need to offer our next manager a 6 year contract again like Moyes. We don’t want Madrid and Barca coming in for him, now do we?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Quite a fall from grace that the final straw was being beaten 3 nil by us.

Patrick220571

Sacked after 3 months. Spurs board must have seen him as an utter failure.

Hard to think, they were above us in the league until we beat them on Saturday night.

Jeffthered

I agree.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.

" In his first month at Spurs, Nuno was the only manager or head coach to win his first three matches of 2021/22 as he led Spurs to the top of the table with three consecutive wins and no goals conceded. "

Yep

Nick7

They were hilariously lucky to win those 3 matches to be fair.

Hoof the ball

18 months does seem to be the progressing trend. There could be another angle on this one.

In 18 months, if Newcastle survive the drop, then Conte could conceivably join Newcastle in Spring/Summer of 2023 with the club being in a much more competitive state.

Didn't Conte work with Paratici at Juve? If so, then there's one reason why Conte might take the Spurs job.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I don't think it's that harsh to be honest. They're a terribly run football club, and the fiasco in the summer, after the fiasco of sacking Jose a few days before a cup final so Ryan Mason could take the helm, illustrates it perfectly. Saddling a new manager with no funds and a star player who doesn't want to be there but could free up 120m to spend is just asking for trouble. But Nuno was never the man for the job and it showed.

Conte will come in and he'll get to sell Kane (for a bit less) and he can use that money to reinvest in the squad, which is badly needed. He'll make them better, but he won't be pulling up any trees.

cyberman

I don't think it's that harsh to be honest. They're a terribly run football club, and the fiasco in the summer, after the fiasco of sacking Jose a few days before a cup final so Ryan Mason could take the helm, illustrates it perfectly. Saddling a new manager with no funds and a star player who doesn't want to be there but could free up 120m to spend is just asking for trouble. But Nuno was never the man for the job and it showed.

Conte will come in and he'll get to sell Kane (for a bit less) and he can use that money to reinvest in the squad, which is badly needed. He'll make them better, but he won't be pulling up any trees.
No manager on an 18 month contract will see Kane. He only stays past the summer if he gets a tube out of Harry never mind want to sell the player

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
We're going in circles. All that matters is the result of the sacking. If Conte manages to get them top 4, that's more than worth sacking a manager like Nuno. They have a much better option available and a manager they think is underperforming. They go for it while we sit here and wonder why we are so shit.
A) Conte is not there yet and rejected them in the summer.

B) He might not get top four if he goes there, what would you say then?

C) Spurs are currently 5 points off a top four spot, with 84 points available. Nuno might have been able to get top four if you actually gave him a bloody chance. Arsenal were near the bottom of the table, now a couple of games later they’re 6th, on the same points as United. Things can change quickly when the season has barely started.

It’s a stupid decision whatever way you slice it, and typical of their board.

Teja

BREAKING: Antonio Conte has been offered an 18-month contract by Tottenham, according to Sky in Italy.

It'll be the stupidest thing the board would've done in the last five years if they actually said no Conte on a 18 month deal. And that's saying something.

Sviken

A) Conte is not there yet and rejected them in the summer.
Doesn't appear he'll reject them now. We'll see. I still think it is a big step down for him, but maybe he wants to get to back to management and the Paratici connection is there

B) He might not get top four if he goes there, what would you say then?
I'd be happy as feck if he doesn't. But the reality of the situation is that Spurs now have a lot more chance of getting top 4 than we do. It's highly likely that, as things stand, this season is not only gonna be wasted, but it'll be a disastrous one for us, too. Last year Ole got increedibly lucky, but this year - Chelsea and Liverpool are firing, Guardiola is Guardiola and Conte is a million times the manager Nuno is, let alone Ole. Arsenal also aren't doing too badly. This leaves us in a very bad place. I'd make the bet we aren't finishing top 4th this season if this actually goes through. Let's hope i'm wrong.

C) Spurs are currently 5 points off a top four spot, with 84 points available. Nuno might have been able to get top four if you actually gave him a bloody chance. Arsenal were near the bottom of the table, now a couple of games later they’re 6th, on the same points as United. Things can change quickly when the season has barely started.

It’s a stupid decision whatever way you slice it, and typical of their board.
This is the type of logic that led us to this place. "Ole might win the title and CL if we give him a chance". Absolutely ridiculous. If a manager is not good enough, he isn't. Time would change very little.

Judas

Open to offers
After the mess of the hiring of Nuno in the summer, how he was so far down the list etc., it’s hilariously daft to see anyone say Spurs are well run. They’re a joke.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Doesn't appear he'll reject them now. We'll see. I still think it is a big step down for him, but maybe he wants to get to back to management and the Paratici connection is there
Ok

I'd be happy as feck if he doesn't. But the reality of the situation is that Spurs now have a lot more chance of getting top 4 than we do. It's highly likely that, as things stand, this season is not only gonna be wasted, but it'll be a disastrous one for us, too. Last year Ole got increedibly lucky, but this year - Chelsea and Liverpool are firing, Guardiola is Guardiola and Conte is a million times the manager Nuno is, let alone Ole. Arsenal also aren't doing too badly. This leaves us in a very bad place. I'd make the bet we aren't finishing top 4th this season if this actually goes through. Let's hope i'm wrong.
A million times? Slightly hyperbolic, no?

This is the type of logic that led us to this place. "Ole might win the title and CL if we give him a chance". Absolutely ridiculous. If a manager is not good enough, he isn't. Time would change very little.
My word you come out with some stuff. How exactly does a manager prove that he is ‘good enough’ in 10 games, pray tell?

Teja

The table doesn't always tell the truth. They look exceptionally shit in their general play, Kane was a golden boot winner last year and he looks half the player now etc. etc.

It's unlikely that he'll get top four, and even if he does get top four Nuno's not the right manager for them.

Offsideagain

Conte turned them down in the summer because Kane was leaving. Well he was until Levy got even more greedy. This time, Levy won’t have to pay Conte too much when he gets the inevitable sack at the end of the season. In the meantime, out moronic board give our manager that failed to win anything, again, a three year deal. Sacking Ole now will cost the club more than £10m in compensation. The Glazers will be balancing that against potential a top four finish and a cup which we know won’t happen. I reckon Rodgers will be announced next Monday after a hammering from City next Saturday.

Nico87

Odds on Conte physically assaults Kane if he takes the job, and Kane continues his half hearted efforts.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Gotta be honest I'm absolutely buzzing at the thought of Conte coming to Spurs -- he was my top pick in the summer and was really gutted when it fell through. He is exactly what we have needed since Poch left - he will rip through our squad and fire a rocket up a few arses and not pander to them. We need to be ruthless and Conte is perfect.

The Oracle

You can just imagine how the phone conversation went between Daniel Levy and Conte’s agent...

DL: Can I speak with Mr Conte directly please?
(Antonio Conte being impressed with Daniel referring to him as ‘Mr’ begins to move closer to the phone that his agent is holding)
CA: He can’t come to the phone at the moment (Conte showing Daniel how big his balls are), but I can assure you that Mr Conte is interested in the position of manager at Tottenham Hotspur Football Club... provided Mr Conte’s needs are met (Conte now metaphorically swinging around his big balls in Daniel’s face)

DL: What are Mr Conte’s needs?
CA: Minimum 3 year contract...
DL: STOP! I do not hand out 3 year contracts like sweets. My name is Daniel Levy of Tottenham Hotspur, not Donald Duck of Disneyland.
CA: OK

DL: 18 months take it or leave it
CA: (Thinking what to say next) Erm

DL: (Now deciding to swing his own potatoes) There are two very big reasons that I am the Chairman of Spuds...
CA: Loud and clear Mr Sir Daniel Levy Sir. Antonio is packing his suitcase as we speak!

0le

Suddenly people want us to be Tottenham and make Levy like brilliant football man. People on here never surprises.

From wanting us to lose, taking Farke or whoever to now wanting us to behave like Tottenham and Watford. Impressive.
You must be really clutching at straws to look at the fanbase and draw those sort of conclusions.