Nuri Sahin

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Mourinho says that a loan to a PL club will be good for Sahin as he'll get experience in the areas that are lacking in his current play, but that he doesn't mind which club Sahin goes to, "Arsenal, Spurs, or Liverpool," he just hopes that Sahin will be playing soon.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I feel Arsenal won't buy him at the end of the season.
It all depends on Sahin. If he is injured or doesn't perform up to the mark, then Arsenal have a chance. But he performs well and plays a lot of games, then they will be priced out of a move or will have to break their transfer record to sign him.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
That sounds very reasonable for someone so highly rated. Why would Real agree to that? He's barely had an opportunity with them.
That's why, and they only paid £8m for him. I don't think mourinho rates him that highly, but he wants to edge his bets. If he is outstanding at his loan club, chances are Madrid will then offer him something and he will probably choose to go back there.

If they are not that impressed with him, or decide they don't want him back for whatever reason, they will still be able to sell him for a decent profit. Not bad for a player they have hardly used, so cannot really be seen to have missed.

Trionz

It all depends on Sahin. If he is injured or doesn't perform up to the mark, then Arsenal have a chance. But he performs well and plays a lot of games, then they will be priced out of a move or will have to break their transfer record to sign him.
that won't matter if a buy clause is added.
I just feel that if Wilshere & Frimpong come back strong and Diaby remains not-injured; then Wenger will feel the investment is not necessary & rightly so.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
that won't matter if a buy clause is added.
I just feel that if Wilshere & Frimpong come back strong and Diaby remains not-injured; then Wenger will feel the investment is not necessary & rightly so.
Ramsey might want to start performing though.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Canales hadnt proven anything yet and his clause was expensive considering he's had multiple injuries. Valencia had to talk them down before they finally bought him.
Out of interest how much did Madrid pay Santander for him in the first place?

If they paid a pretty penny, and he was extremely highly regarded, they would always demand a large sum for him.

pete_8

Out of interest how much did Madrid pay Santander for him in the first place?

If they paid a pretty penny, and he was extremely highly regarded, they would always demand a large sum for him.
Canales was €5 million if I remember right
Answered wrong first time now got three replies lol .The joys of working nights :)

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Again going to Liverpool on loan according to Marca today.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Yesterday to us, today to Liverpool, tomorrow to Spurs, on Saturday to Man utd.........

Whether we get him or not one thing I do feel is R.Madrid or Mourinho don't really want him at Arsenal so it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't come

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Yesterday to us, today to Liverpool, tomorrow to Spurs, on Saturday to Man utd.........

Whether we get him or not one thing I do feel is R.Madrid or Mourinho don't really want him at Arsenal so it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't come
It's pretty clear Sahin does not want to go to Liverpool!
If he goes it will be because Madrid won't let him go to a decent team..

That press conference will be funny.

"Oh look, Sahins crying, he must be really emotional about coming to Liverpool."

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
You see things like this and it does make you wonder why a player would want to go to the capital club in the first place. It happens quite often.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
It's pretty clear Sahin does not want to go to Liverpool!
If he goes it will be because Madrid won't let him go to a decent team..

That press conference will be funny.

"Oh look, Sahins crying, he must be really emotional about coming to Liverpool."
If he's going to mope around for a season because he didn't want to be here I'd rather not have him. We already had Aquilani. But if he plays to regain his place in Real's midfield then we could certainly do with his quality.

I guess its one of those messed up situations.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
You see things like this and it does make you wonder why a player would want to go to the capital club in the first place. It happens quite often.
If you're a young rising star then your ego will always be telling you that of course you will be starting every match when you to Real Madrid.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Twitter seems quite certain that he will have his medical for us tomorrow.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Rodgers:

"Hopefully in the next 24 hours we'll get some confirmation on that."

"It's quite far [along the line]. He's a very good footballer."

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
He'll improve them in the short term though and that's always a bad thing. The longer they stay out of the top four the better really.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Madrid probably won't allow an option to make the deal permanent.
Liverpool look set to beat Arsenal to the loan signing of Nuri Sahin after offering Real Madrid a superior financial package to secure the midfielder’s signature. Sahin had been expected to join Arsenal but Liverpool’s willingness to pay a greater proportion of his £120,000-per-week salary has turned the situation in their favour.
Real have accepted Liverpool’s offer to pay 70 per cent of Sahin’s wages to take him on loan for the rest of the season. Arsenal had been prepared to pay only 60 per cent, but were unwilling to accept an option price of £14 million at the end of the season, and despite the added lure of Champions League football now look likely to miss out on one of Arsène Wenger’s summer transfer targets. The Frenchman is considering his options.

Tony Barrett, Gary Jacob

Suggests 14m clause could be on the table. Hope so, sounds good to me. Sounds weird though that Wenger would take issue with that. Then again, he is notorious for his miserliness in transfer dealings.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
If we have genuinely turned down signing Sahin because we don't want to pay £14m, that won't help the board's case.

You'll get a couple of new signings and all will be well again. No drama.