Odion Ighalo - 6 month loan deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acole9

Outstanding
Probably one of the greatest pieces of business in the history of football.

Devil may care

I honestly don't get people like you. A decision has been made, try to get behind it instead of slating him before he's kicked a ball. He proved himself in PL already, for a newly promoted team void of creative support. Now he's got fecking Bruno behind him.
I honestly don't get people like you who just eat whatever is shoveled at you, this guy has been bumming it in a dead end league for 3 years so the fact he had one good season years ago isn't relevant. Also having isn't relevant either, he's going to need time to get settled as well, people need to chill with their expectations of him right out the gate.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Not selling Lukaku if you don't have a proper replacement lined up would be a start.
I meant in this window. The majority of people get over things that happen outside of their control 6 months ago, so apologies that I didn’t clarify that time travel wasn’t an option

SCJY

I'm delighted with this loan deal. Doesn't affect anything long-term and can push martial out to the left until Rashford comes back.

Also a huge united fan, so will work hard. I believe he will get us a few goals which will translate into a few points. It might be the difference at the end of the season between 4th and 5th.

Kag

Option to buy too ? :houllier:

This is a nightmare. Can't be true surely ? FFS.
If he goes on to be a genuinely good option you would be the first in the relevant thread screaming your feet that the club didn’t arrange a manageable option to buy deal back in January.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Even if he's totally crap it's still a gamble worth taking. He's just here to be a body and lessen the burden.

If he scores 1 or 2 goals, I'd call that a success.
Exactly

People literally want to moan about everything

EwanI Ted

Ok, he’s only a backup and yes it’s only for a while. But really, was there no one better?

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
On reflection if it goes through I can see the appeal of having him. It's a low risk deal, if he's crap in training then he can stay on the bench, if he shows potential then he can put pressure on martial.

NYAS

Luckily there's a two week winter break coming up but go continue with your shit.
So you think he’s just going to miss training for 2 weeks and pop straight into the squad like it’s nothing? After not playing for I don’t know how many months as the Chinese season has been over?

Cantonaaa!

We have nothing to lose here. Just backup for Martial.
This is a fine ‘Panic buy’ seing we’re not getting Cavani and the likes of him. This is way better than spending 40-50m on King/Fellaini type signing.

edit: also first Nigerian player to play for Man Utd according to twitter. Ed is licking his lips as we sign him I imagine. 200m potential new United fans :lol:

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Everyone thinks of the market as though it's like going to Costco and picking a player, yet Chelsea and Spurs have been trying all window for a striker and havent landed one. Nobody apart from United have strengthened this window, so consider that please before venting your feelings.

This is a low risk, high reward deal. We should be pleased

Devil may care

Don’t bother.
I made that post 4 fecking years ago, get a grip, he's been playing in a fecking trash heap league for the last 3 years and is now 30, come on dude, you're better than pandering to this shit.

mu4c_20le

If this goes through, then it shows how far we've come from the dark days of failed deadline day transfers.. Herrera with the 3 lawyers, overpaying for Fellaini, running out of time brokering deals etc

Infestissumam

fine with this. Would have prefered Rondon but having Ighalo as an option from the bench is okay I guess.

short-term Ighalo loan >>> signing King for an inflated price

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Short term loan deal is fair enough. However, how can anybody claim we have a plan in place when we repeatedly end up going to the market trying to get deals done on deadline day?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I hope he’s fecking brilliant. Some right miserable feckers on here.

Talking as though we’re signing some prick from the non league

ReddBalls

I hope those who are defending this signing will stay firm on their stance few months later in his own performance thread.
Why would that be a problem? He is not brought in to elevate the attack. He is there to do a job, which is to act as cover. Would you rather be without cover? If this falls through, would you defend your position which is that United is better without bringing in someone to cover?

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
And we had all month essentially. Is Ighalo really the best option we could find?
Let’s look at this way: Spurs and Chelsea are not getting a striker either. The market is really empty. Haaland, Piatek and now Ighalo have moved. One guy from the chinese division one moved to Wolves. Feel free to add if you can remember more striker who have moved in january.

This is low risk, high reward signing and we need a body anyway.

Reactions: Sultan

Greck

Seen him quite a lot because of Nigerian friends and have to say I'm not a big fan of the player and in a few months this place won't be either. Hopefully he's a back up for our back up. Anything more than that and people will legit reconsider if this transfer really is better than nothing. He's that much below average. Bot particularly technical and not particularly good at finishing. Also has no agility and turns like a tank

That it has come to Ighalo wearing a united shirt just highlights how much our staff shat the bed with squad planning this season

Last edited:

fps

Decent player sensible loan presumably then putting Martial out left.

C'est Moi Cantona

I meant in this window. The majority of people get over things that happen outside of their control 6 months ago, so apologies that I didn’t clarify that time travel wasn’t an option
Fair enough, but I don't forget stupid things, so I'm still aghast that we did what we did in the summer, so for me Ighalo is Lukaku's replacement for this season, only 6 month late.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Why do a lot of posters think he’ll he coming off the bench?

The lads been brought in to replace Rashford whilst he’s injured

He’s playing AND starting

The DISRESPECT

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I hope he’s fecking brilliant. Some right miserable feckers on here.

Talking as though we’re signing some prick from the non league
Thing is, if he comes here and scores 4 or 5 goals they'll still say it was a crap move

mu4c_20le

Short term loan deal is fair enough. However, how can anybody claim we have a plan in place when we repeatedly end up going to the market trying to get deals done on deadline day?
Do barca have a plan? Spurs? You act like we're the only big club that goes around for some last minute shopping because of a long term injury.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
So you think he’s just going to miss training for 2 weeks and pop straight into the squad like it’s nothing? After not playing for I don’t know how many months as the Chinese season has been over?
Why, is he banned from training those two weeks? He's reportedly already in preseason training so its not like he's just getting up off his couch.

SCJY

Probably one of the greatest pieces of business in the history of football.
Wouldn't go that far, but there is seriously little downside, which is a lot more than can be said for many other signings pre-Ole.

Kag

Everyone thinks of the market as though it's like going to Costco and picking a player, yet Chelsea and Spurs have been trying all window for a striker and havent landed one. Nobody apart from United have strengthened this window, so consider that please before venting your feelings.

This is a low risk, high reward deal. We should be pleased
Well said. Some good posts amongst the dogshit; always quite nice to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.