Odion Ighalo - 6 month loan deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I mean surely there's a middle ground somewhere between Lionel Messi and Odion Ighalo?
No, there isn't.

If you're against Ighalo signing for Utd then you're clearly demanding Messi...

And if you're critiquing the running of modern era Utd... well then you're akin to an angry feminist.

The spinsters have basically trip wired any conversation about the club the same way an angry feminist does. There's barely sense opening a discussion
The 'United' part is becoming increasingly ironic I would suggest!

meninred

I mean we should get anyone for free from China infact the players may even pay their own salaries.

cyberman

The club is aware Rashford plays on the left right? So if we need emergency loan cover it shouldn’t be an out and out striker. And especially not Ighalo ffs.
Daniel James best position is on the left

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He's pretty much the kind of bargain basement striker you could use off the bench to put away some chances created by Bruno, Mata etc. On a 6 month loan deal, its hard to complain.
People do though because they lack practicality and live in a dream world of thinking we can sign our long term target in January.

United Hobbit

Is he actually any good?

Feels a little bit like we are panic signing and going for anyone who's available

It was probably just a rumour but there were reports Bayern would possibly let Muller go would have looked into that even if just on a shortish contract

RedTiger

Half mast
Is he actually any good?

Feels a little bit like we are panic signing and going for anyone who's available

It was probably just a rumour but there were reports Bayern would possibly let Muller go would have looked into that even if just on a shortish contract
We need an out and out striker to lead the line because we only have Martial. We are right to panic and Muller just wouldn't be able to play the lone striker role.

RonaldoVII

Nothing against this considering the position we find ourselves in with a couple of hours to go. Would prefer this than spending a load on King or someone else.

Trex

Am a Nigerian so i know ighalo a bit more than most here,he was brilliant for watford during their promotion season and during their first season back in the epl,decent hold up play,physical presence,would score tap ins,considering our midfield should be dorminant now with the signing and pp6 and mcsause return he would'nt be a bad signing for the six month loan

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I'm not sure youtube highlights from 4 years ago will tell us much.

Desperate but necessary. Will we get it over the line though?

Fooza

Surprised we can even negotiate with Shanghai considering it's 04:36 am, are they in their PJ's on the fax machines as we speak.

Canagel

What an unbelievably shit post.
It wasn't that long ago that Moyes was getting ridiculed for not getting Fabregas, Bale or Kroos over the line. Now we're shopping in the basement bin for bottom half players (Ighalo, King, Slimani..) and some around here seem content with it :lol:

Pennywise

An absolute shambles the club is in this position. We shouldn't be surprised though

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Leaving it this late. We're run so well. Definitely don't need a Director of Football. No sir. Our board is so good at this football stuff.

SER19

No, there isn't.

If you're against Ighalo signing for Utd then you're clearly demanding Messi...

And if you're critiquing the running of modern era Utd... well then you're akin to an angry feminist.

The 'United' part is becoming increasingly ironic I would suggest!
You're just narrowing a discussion to suit your own point. Much like an angry feminist. In fact my post was quite clearly satirising this hysterical reactionary posting

This will just go around in circles. See my post history I'm as anti Woodward and his running as it gets. But where are NOW, today, means we need a striker until May. That's it. If you're judging united and their position or potential for progression on this signing then it's all too hysterical for me. If you're not, well then you have to include the new 55m pound signing in your discussion. You have to leave an open end for what happens in May which will be directly affected by what happens in January.

Or we can all just meltdown and scream that the 6 month loan is shit and representative of our massive failings (and ignore Barcelona and spurs interest)

Even better, hopefully we get nobody, and then we can have a real go when martial gets injured and Greenwood is exhausted

Dinghy

Predict he'll score at least twice as many goals as Henke Larsson did for us.

Last edited:

drdoityourself

Good job getting someone in. Would be incredibly stubborn and naive with Rashford's injury not to get another striker.

I know he isn't what people thought we'd get, but it's temporary and it sure is better than nobody.

RedIan

Ive just watched his goals and assist video on YouTube. Looks decent to me. Good pace, ball control, dribbles, nicely weighted passes and scores goals. he is coming to cover Rashfords absense. Looks ideal to me. Not sure what’s people expections are as a temporary loan cover, it seems some just Moan for the sake of moaning..

if martial or greenwood get injured which is likely we need cover..... this guy fits the bill

Status
Not open for further replies.