Official: De Gea Signs New 4 (+ 1) year deal

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Also I don't really understand the high praise for Woodward here. He ended up staying through pure fluke because Madrid were tardy with their paperwork - it would have been more surprising if Woodward didn't get him to sign a new contract.

saivet

Some journo for some Madrid related site

Smores

They was saying on TalkSport last night on drive, that we had agreed to backpay him for last season also?

Would be an £8m signing on bonus if this is true
Better than losing him on a free I suppose. I mean he'd have got such a fee going to Real Madrid on a free so we may as well pay it and get the huge transfer fee instead.

Probably bullshit mind as it's talksport who know less than John Snow

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
This is fecking beautiful. Best news all year and our best signing this season x 10 :D

The sceptical side of me says he'll still go to Real next Summer but at least we'll get a full, committed season out of him. Still I'm so excited right now that I believe he's with us for the long term. GET IN!

We really did fluke this though. He was minutes away from walking out the door, now he's signed a new contract. Crazy!

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Right now Florentino Perez is strolling around Madrid with Ed Woodwards hand print across his face

Blue always red

Oh shit, either he's in for the longrun, or they've put in a serious release clause. A 4+1 year contract is no feck about thing, I was honestly only expecting a 2 year placeholding contract whilst Madrid come in again next year.

littlepeasoup

Also I don't really understand the high praise for Woodward here. He ended up staying through pure fluke because Madrid were tardy with their paperwork - it would have been more surprising if Woodward didn't get him to sign a new contract.
To be fair, it did seem that Woodward was getting the best possible deal for a player with less than one year to go on his contract who wanted away. A fee, plus a decent keeper in return wouldn't have been the worst business in the world.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Some bloke on my Twitter feed claiming that LVG has said Romero will keep his place for the game tomorrow? :houllier:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I guess Jorge Mendes aint such a bad guy after all.

RM punches him in the face, he anal rapes Perez back.

RedDevil@84

Jose (in his press conference): Well. I have got some sick news. My best keeper will be in hospital in bed for ages. So get ready for my moaning if we leak any goals
Press meanwhile look at their phones and keep giggling.
Jose: Why are you all giggling?
Press: De Gea signed a new contract. Talk to you later!!!

vodrake

Because Woodward stuck firm to the valuation of the player whilst under a lot of pressure all summer, leading to the situation where Madrid blinked first on the last day and ended up messing up the deal due to lack of time. A lot of the caf were screaming blue murder at him and calling him incompetent for not selling him earlier in the summer for whatever fee Madrid offered just to get it done with. He deserves a bit of credit at least. He engineered a situation where we'd have either gotten a good valuation for a player with 1 year on his contract or get him to sign a new contract so he keeps his place for the Euros.

Alias
Why is your day potentially crappy if you don't mind me asking?

yessssssssss indeed. The best news since last two seasons to be honest. So so happy
Just fed up in work and with a few other things. But this has drastically inproved my mood. So glad United are playing this weekend as well, and football has resumed :drool:

HabeasC

"Happy to know that everyone who plays for Real Madrid wants to play for this club and this club only. Some players don't." SocialRMadrid

So bitter... :lol:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I imagine Madrid would be pretty pissed off at him if he decided to extend at United. They won't fancy paying a very significant fee (I imagine in the excess of €50m now) for a player they could have got for free.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Best bit of business we've done all summer.

Great news!

reelworld

:lol: what a complete idiot Madrid was. All you have to do is coughing up the cash that we want. But nooo, you have to wait to the last day of transfer window, only to feck up the paperworks. Can't happened to a nicer club. Enjoy not having the best keeper in the world

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
feck Perez & Real!! Woody is a genius!!