Ogden: Mourinho eyes Man United clear-out

fellaini's barber

This clearout sounds all the more ridiculous when you look at how the likes of Henderson, Milner, Can and Lovren are doing under Klopp. Given the logic that Pep is ahead because he spent $100 million on fullbacks shouldn't we be doing better than 2 points above Liverpool given how much we outspend them?

Kag

This clearout sounds all the more ridiculous when you look at how the likes of Henderson, Milner, Can and Lovren are doing under Klopp. Given the logic that Pep is ahead because he spent $100 million on fullbacks shouldn't we be doing better than 2 points above Liverpool given how much we outspend them?
Ding ding ding!

For some, this penny will never drop. I'm being a little silly (or am I?) but I genuinely believe that buying Messi to watch him struggle would be the final confirmation that the players aren't the problem. Ed should go for it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Not necessarily whenever but his last PL title wasn't impressive at all.
I was actually envious of the way they were playing until December-January after that something happened and the team wasn't the same, not as confident, not as smooth.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I hope you're right, but I can't see us getting anywhere near £50m for those three.
We got almost £50M for Schneiderlin & Depay so I don't think its too unrealistic to aim for a similar figure for Darmian, Blind & Perrira.

Remember that Darmian & Blind are experienced full Internationals of Italy & Holland respectively, and at 28 years of age, might be considered to be in their prime.
I really don't think that a £15M price tag on each is unrealistic in this current market.

As for Perreria, well it seems that any player that we are remotely interested in is valued at an absolute minimum of £40M, regardless of age or experience, so why shouldn't Perreira be valued at half of that figure..?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I was actually envious of the way they were playing until December-January after that something happened and the team wasn't the same, not as confident, not as smooth.
I know. My point was specially concerning the competition against them wasn't very good at all

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Nope. It only matters when we have to defend Mourinho and pretend that City have out spent us by a billion while Liverpool and co have the same financial might as us.

Truth is our spending is far closer to City than that of Liverpool, Spurs to us, yet the excuses are always about City out spending us so it is understandable for us to lag behind them by 16 points, nowhere near close challenging, playing drab football for the most part while everyone ignore Liverpool and Spurs.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
It's almost guaranteed Blind will ask to leave. He never plays, and it's obvious he's never going to get a real chance to cement a regular spot (let alone a starting spot).
Blind never gets picked so he will probably want to go anyway.
well he has been injured for quite some time, but yeah i get why he may want to leave, but that would be the only reason i'd sell him if he was desprate to go, of not you not gonna get many better versatile squad players in this market.

Water Melon

Nope. It only matters when we have to defend Mourinho and pretend that City have out spent us by a billion while Liverpool and co have the same financial might as us.

Truth is our spending is far closer to City than that of Liverpool, Spurs to us, yet the excuses are always about City out spending us so it is understandable for us to lag behind them by 16 points, nowhere near close challenging, playing drab football for the most part while everyone ignore Liverpool and Spurs.
This. Apologists will also ignore that Pool have done much better than us in CL. Let's see how we do next season, because we will still be spending much more than Pool, Spurs, Chelsea and Arse. Hopefully, we will do much better than this lot and give City a proper run for their money.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Just heard on the radio today, that apparantly Real wants DDG, Pogba and Martial, this summer.
I have no source, just thought it might fit in here.

It made me think, why do they not buy players from Chelsea or City?
Last year's and this year's PL winners, surely they must have better players?

Sure, i'd let them trade Modric or Casemiro and Kroos for Pogba, Martial they can buy if they offer enough, but just go get Curtois instead of DDG, please.

Hopefully this is all bs anyway.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Just heard on the radio today, that apparantly Real wants DDG, Pogba and Martial, this summer.

Sure, i'd let them trade Modric or Casemiro and Kroos for Pogba, Martial they can buy if they offer enough, but just go get Curtois instead of DDG, please.

£500m and we can talk, anything less they can do one.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief

Let them have them.

But we get Isco, Kroos, Varane and Carvajal in return. :angel:

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Pogba and Martial for all their old players? God almighty if we did something that stupid:rolleyes:

Surely there's someone at the club with something called common sense? Imagine all these old expensive players on their last legs earning loads of money whilst all the other teams invest in younger players...

RedorDead21

It seemed to take about 3 years for people to get over Welbeck, despite him averaging about 4 goals a season since, and always missing at least 2-3 months injured.

Evans, Rafael, Welbeck, Nani, Hernandez, it was the right time for all of them to go
Issue was we've brought in players like Schneiderlin, depay, darmian and others who are not any better...

RedorDead21

We were still lack of balance. You can slated Jose as you like but he has shown he could play attracting football unless you forgot how we played earlier this season.
I thought all his teams scored lots of goals over a season and for me thats attractive....especially if trophies also come. He's not operating at his level, I'm his biggest fan on here, but to say he is...it's just not true!