OGS "It is quite clear now that I work as if I will survive."

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Sorry it's the Fail, but I have seen this line (mis)quoted on other sites, so I went with this one:

'As a manager when I know the contract is finished in the summer, I haven't spent as much time at the academy as I had come to do,' he said. 'But it is clear that I am now working as if I... I think of the club five and 10 years ahead of time now as well.

'I have always thought that I'm going to have to do the best job interview I can. It's not up to me to consider if I live up to the standard, but I feel much more at home in this building here, at Old Trafford, with these players, than I've ever done.'

'It's always been in the back of my head that this is the dream job. Of course, it is. But after what happened in Cardiff, I put this happening out of my mind,' he told Norwegian newspaper Verdens Gang.

'As a supporter in all the years since I moved from here, I have thought about Manchester United and what I would do. I felt this was something I could do.

'I wasn't afraid to come here and not be ready for this job. So far, I've thrived.'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ses-landing-Manchester-United-time-basis.html

This is the original source and Google Translated quote:

"It is quite clear now that I work as if I will survive. I have been thinking about plans for this club in the next five to 10 years"
https://www.bola.net/inggris/solskjaer-beri-kode-tangani-mu-secara-permanen-0e2bd3-1.html

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Cue the, " Too soon, we should wait and see at the end of the season," brigade. ;)

Very refreshing! the board should of had this mentality as soon as Moyes was sacked.

Jay_VC

It's very rare to have a coach with the same kind of affection towards the club as you recognize in us fans. Let us hope he develops all the managerial skills it takes to match his/our ambitions!

I've been enjoying watching united again since his first game. And result wise we definitely can't complain. So as far as I'm concerned: sign him up! :devil:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sultan