OGS - "There's been other players refusing to train and refusing to play. They're not here anymore."

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Come to think of it, guess it's just LVG and Mou so far who dare to stick the boots to players, as far as bollocking ego players and putting top players into reserve eg. Valdez and Schweini.

Ole is just talks.

None of them end up well in the end or doing well (for Ole), I rather have brave managers than a gentle manager.
Poor examples. Those two were on their last legs with no resale value. Pogba is supposed to be in his prime and has a decent resale value. Letting him rot in the reserves until the window opens destroys any sort of bargaining chip with potential suiters.

acnumber9

Possibly Chris Smalling. Something definitely wasn’t right there.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
I read it as attempt to keep his price up. He's actually for sale, but I guess what he's saying to potential suitors is "You're getting a player with professional attitude, and our we are not forced to accept low ball offers".

Irwin99

I'd much prefer it if he gave Pogba the Ozil/Bale treatment and banished him to the reserves. I can't believe a player who keeps on telling everyone how he wants to leave/play for Real Madrid/wants a new challenge etc. over the past 2-3 years is constantly being forgiven. If Ole really wants to take a page out of Fergie's book then dump him in the reserves until January.

rollingstoned1

ole is not a cnut that much is obvious and he believes in projecting a healthy united image to the world out there. he didn't even drag raiola over the hot coals after his well timed comment on pogba's future before the leipzig game. this comment on pogba is just boilerplate pr, the fact that he has to come out and say it speaks volumes about what he actually wishes to say.

POF

I read it as attempt to keep his price up. He's actually for sale, but I guess what he's saying to potential suitors is "You're getting a player with professional attitude, and our we are not forced to accept low ball offers".
At last. One sensible post in the thread!

Of course that's the case. Ole has got to play the political game. He can't say "Pogba is a snake with his underhanded comments through his agent and we want him out at all costs".

He's one of the club's most valuable assets and they need to keep his value up until he's sold.

UDontMessWith24

Nobody is paying anything above his transfer fee quit insulting everyone's intelligence. Players leave clubs on their initiative it happens at ever club. Sell him if he wants to leave and move on.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Wow. Here we see a so called club legend refusing to defend his club because his prima donna player has trained.

RedBanker

I love you Ole

Of course that's the case. Ole has got to play the political game. He can't say "Pogba is a snake with his underhanded comments through his agent and we want him out at all costs".

He's one of the club's most valuable assets and they need to keep his value up until he's sold.
In this Covid market what do you think we will get for a player who has been out of form for more than a year. And more so when Pogba puts in the inevitable transfer request, his value will plummet further.

POF

In this Covid market what do you think we will get for a player who has been out of form for more than a year. And more so when Pogba puts in the inevitable transfer request, his value will plummet further.
Of course it will. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't get whatever they can.

We're talking millions of pounds here. If Ole came out and said how unprofessional Pogba was and he wanted him gone, his value drops further. If that costs the club £10m that could mean the matchday staff that the club have been paying throughout COVID get furloughed or the women's team get a drastic budget cut. Or it could mean the difference between being able to afford Sancho or not.

This is a business and it's part of Ole's job to protect the value of the assets.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Of course it will. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't get whatever they can.

We're talking millions of pounds here. If Ole came out and said how unprofessional Pogba was and he wanted him gone, his value drops further. If that costs the club £10m that could mean the matchday staff that the club have been paying throughout COVID get furloughed or the women's team get a drastic budget cut. Or it could mean the difference between being able to afford Sancho or not.

This is a business and it's part of Ole's job to protect the value of the assets.
Good point. But what prevents OGS from lambasting the agent who keeps insulting our club? Surely a statement against that agent, without mentioning Paul Pogba even once is not that difficult.
And as far as value of assets is concerned, Pogba is in the middle rung, far below the likes of Bruno and Rashford. Maybe 40-50 mils max. We will see.

POF

Good point. But what prevents OGS from lambasting the agent who keeps insulting our club? Surely a statement against that agent, without mentioning Paul Pogba even once is not that difficult.
And as far as value of assets is concerned, Pogba is in the middle rung, far below the likes of Bruno and Rashford. Maybe 40-50 mils max. We will see.
He's the club record transfer and the most high profile player in the squad. He's a world cup winner, has strong social media presence, is very marketable and is still in his prime as a player. He's without a doubt the most valuable asset the club has financially, certainly of those United are willing to sell.

Ole completely dismisses Raiola's comments and that's what he should do. Raiola works for Pogba. Pogba is clearly supportive of his comments. "His agent is a nightmare and his constant media soundbytes are very disruptive for our squad" impacts Pogba's value too.

Icemav

He's the club record transfer and the most high profile player in the squad. He's a world cup winner, has strong social media presence, is very marketable and is still in his prime as a player. He's without a doubt the most valuable asset the club has financially, certainly of those United are willing to sell.

Ole completely dismisses Raiola's comments and that's what he should do. Raiola works for Pogba. Pogba is clearly supportive of his comments. "His agent is a nightmare and his constant media soundbytes are very disruptive for our squad" impacts Pogba's value too.
Thats a pretty mature take and probably the correct one.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Actually it was Andreas, he wanted to train with Madrid or Barcelona.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Some sense in this thread

rakesh289

Lukaku, maybe gomes.
They just seem to be the kind of characters.

RedBanker

I love you Ole

May have been acceptable if we were good at selling players on our terms. We are not. We barely manage to get good money for players we want to sell, not even talking about those who want to go. Will we recoup our outlay on Pogba? I think you know the answer. Pogba and his agent derailed the most important game our season. That calls a bit of public chastizing if we had any self respect as a club. By being this soft we have given clear ideas to players and their agents who might want to take the same path in the future.

Nico87

I doubt it was Sanchez,considering we had to pay up his contract for him to leave if he’d have done something like this we surely could have fired him and save a fortune. Where as Lukaku had resale value.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The responses here highlight why Pogba is right to want to move. He’s been scapegoated as a virus, as unprofessional and as someone who’s a bad character. Ole is right in pointing out that although Pogba wants out, he remains extremely professional day to day as he has done throughout his time here.

It’s absolutely in both parties interests for him to move on, but our fan base have treated him terribly....then expect him to want to be here?

Coops73

If he plays tonight, which I suspect he will, my support for Ole (which is running thin as it is) will seriously be tested, even with a win.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Our recruitment in recent times really saddens me. Seems we've bought some absolute cnuts and gutless cowards. The comments recently about trying to reset the culture and get the right characters in makes sense.

Seems we still have a bit of work to do still and moving on Pogba might be the symbolic act to say we've finally moved on if I'm honest.
Absolutely right, it’s nuts when you think of the mess we got our team in over the space of Moyes, LVG and Jose. Ole has done a good job in this respect and totally agree that once we’ve moved PP on it will be a massively symbolic moment. Be gone feckers!

Jinn

Ole can't bad mouth a player he's planning on selling. It's not good for business.

hobbers

The responses here highlight why Pogba is right to want to move. He’s been scapegoated as a virus, as unprofessional and as someone who’s a bad character. Ole is right in pointing out that although Pogba wants out, he remains extremely professional day to day as he has done throughout his time here.

It’s absolutely in both parties interests for him to move on, but our fan base have treated him terribly....then expect him to want to be here?
Pogba goes away on holidays with the slimiest scummiest football agent on the planet. Pogba also lets him (encourages him?) to repeatedly bad mouth his club and destabilise it before massive games.

Extremely professional eh? Treated him terribly eh? Give over. Pogba is not a bad person but, like Raiola, he's completely in this game for himself and personal achievement. He doesn't have an iota of loyalty.

Also why on earth would you be stupid enough to take Ole at his word on this subject? He said similar things about Sanchez and Lukaku while they were still United players, and then their lack of professionalism came to light after they'd left. He'd say exactly the same about Pereira, Romero, Rojo, Jones.... and it would probably be lies.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
but our fan base have treated him terribly....then expect him to want to be here?
He’s been here collecting ‘highest earner’ wages while contributing very little other than disruption, discontent and constantly flirting with other teams, he was even offered to City by his agent in 2018. Couple that with largely mediocre performances and long spells out of the team completely and there’s a pretty crappy picture ... largely painted by the man himself.

The guy has earned whatever disdain large parts of our fanbase has for him. The sooner he’s gone the better for us all but I have zero sympathy for him, he’s done nothing at all to quell the rumours, his silence throughout all of the nonsense has been deafening.

Redfrog

Give me a break.
There was always excuses for his performances. Pogba is unhappy to play defensive football, Pogba need better players around him, Pogba didn't say anything it is Raiola. Pogba cannot go to the hairdresser so he had a bad match.

Truth is he thinks he is bigger then the club. He has a weak mentality and hides when things are not going his way.
He has been exposed by Bruno as with the latter we saw all this excuses are bullshit. Bruno is ten times the player for a third of a salary !

He wants to leave because he thinks he is better then he is and want it easy.
Just hope he get his dream move to Madrid...we will see how their fanbase will react to his performances.

Bobade

I'd much prefer it if he gave Pogba the Ozil/Bale treatment and banished him to the reserves. I can't believe a player who keeps on telling everyone how he wants to leave/play for Real Madrid/wants a new challenge etc. over the past 2-3 years is constantly being forgiven. If Ole really wants to take a page out of Fergie's book then dump him in the reserves until January.

Yes, what a great idea. Look how that has worked out with Arsenal. They have a player on massive wages who they can't shift and can't play.

Far better to try and keep Paul's value as high as it can be in the current times. Ridiculous how people are saying Ole is weak because of this. He basically has dropped Pogba from the first XI. But at the moment, we need him sometimes in a busy fixture list, so obviously sometimes he is being used.

As for the agent, I don't think I would acknowledge his comments either. He is a leech who is making these comments to stir up reaction. Ignoring him is the best way.

ROFLUTION

Could be Romero instead of Sanchez. Romero really wanted a move, and wasnt treated in a great manner.

DickDastardly

Ole: "Pogba is a professional. Anyone interested?"
Yeah, that would be a sensible thing to say.

We have zero bargaining chips in our hands.
And we have to unload his sorry ass out of the club as soon as possible.

We should expect some more "Pobga is the light of our life in the changing room" newspaper articles.

Let's hope someone bites.

its obvious to some!

did the same with Sanchez - remember him saying Sanchez would come back, and would be a valuable player for us? Said it at the time, it’s clearly a tactic in respect of selling him.

for other posters who can’t see it. Imagine the alternative - throwing the player under the bus, driving down the transfer fee and also meaning he’s not available until sold.

OGS took the same tactic with Lukaku. Whitch contributed to us getting a decent fee for him, would you have been surprised if we got £30m for him if other managers were in charge? I wouldn’t have.

rron10

Supports
Sir Alex
He's just trying to make the most of Pogba still being here. Till he leaves, we might just use him.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I don't understand why people get excited about what Ole says in press conferences. What do people expect? Ole to air all the dirty laundry in public? Not even Jose did that when it was put to him Pogba had been offered to Pep. 90% of what Ole says to the media is there just to deflect what they say.

Ole even told the media Sanchez and Smalling would stay and be brought back into the team. He knew it was a lie. They knew it was a lie. We knew it was a lie. However, what does he gain from telling them the truth? What would Ole gain, on the eve of the Manchester derby, by tearing into Pogba and Raiola? Start there if you want to know why he's dressing this up with a cherry pink bow.