Ole’s farewell interview

RUCK4444

We've HAD sweet f*ck all success for three years under Ole.
Did you expect to win the league? Would a poxy cup have made you want to keep him? Really?

I said from the start, this isn’t about cups, his primary job was a rebuild, just like every pundit will tell you, even the ones who didn’t rate him as a manager, they agree he delivered on what he was brought in to achieve. We’ve then seen his limitations and it’s time to move on.

Why reserve hate for him? Like I said, would an fa cup or a Europa cup have changed your opinion on him?

united for life

I maybe should have worded it better, such as "Just focus on his body language"

It has since been pointed out to me that it was his own choice to do the interview - which is fair enough.

The issue I originally had was that I thought the club had required him to do that interview - which to be honest was uncomfortable viewing with how clearly upset he was getting.
fair enough. He wasn’t getting upset, he was getting emotional. He’s a fan of this club.

Dante

Average bang
It obviously can't happen right away. But I'd happily employ back at the club in the future. I think he did a great job with his cultural reset at the club. He'd make a really good DoF. Just keep him away from the training pitches and the tactics board.

The Bloody-Nine

Agreed, forums are like this, it is what it is, and I’m entitled to voice my opinion as well. These dregs of society deserve to be called out and put in their proper place now. I can only imagine what would happen if some of these went round Salford spouting that. They’d get a proper knock that their parents failed to give. Well deserved, too.
What kind of f*cking pea brained neanderthal punches people over differing opinions on football? Sounds like something the dregs of society would do...

Red-17

Do fans generally agree that he has left the club in a better position than when he took over?
I think with hindsight, it will become apparent that he has. Its hard to see positives based on how we've played recently, but if we get a decent manager in next, I think it will make the squad he has put together look much better.

Reactions: Cheimoon
Gonna watch it after my workout.

Now ole the manager and all propaganda of him being the next SAF or people being blinded by everything else is done and he’s no longer manager, much respect to Ole the player he’ll always be a cult hero for 99 and the “baby faced assassin” striker , also smiling assassin as manager with the way he’s fecked us up this season and smiled through it (joking couldn’t resist the last bit)

Mercurial

Do fans generally agree that he has left the club in a better position than when he took over?
He injected some of that old "DNA" back into it, we are a much more feared and respected club now than before he joined. His style of management was one of healing, I'm sure it's part of a winning foundation going forward. He is leaving a much more harmonic squad behind than he inherited.

ovoxo

I'd expect United fans to watch that interview and feel sympathy for a legend who is clearly broken up by failing to achieve enough.

The fact that some of you, having got what you wanted for so long, are still so mean-spirited makes you look like a seriously toxic bunch.
Hardly a surprise. This forum has gone to pot.

I’m gutted it didn’t work out, but he’ll always remain a legend of this club. He should keep his head held high. He has assembled a good squad and we improved the last few seasons. Hopefully the next person can take this forward and get us back to the top.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Top bloke, Ole. He’s not on the same level as Ferguson, Guardiola, Tuchel or Klopp. Absolutely no shame in that.

I wanted him gone a long time ago but I can still recognise a) a lot of good he did here, and b) he’s as Red as they come. A lot of United fans leaving their common decency at the door today. Not nice, that.
Spot on.

Red-17

I can see why he wasn’t successful if he thought making friends was an important thing. Fergie would’ve never been successful if that was his mindset.
If you've ever read Fergie's book, you would realize how wrong you are.

The Bloody-Nine

Did you expect to win the league? Would a poxy cup have made you want to keep him? Really?

I said from the start, this isn’t about cups, his primary job was a rebuild, just like every pundit will tell you, even the ones who didn’t rate him as a manager, they agree he delivered on what he was brought in to achieve. We’ve then seen his limitations and it’s time to move on.

Why reserve hate for him? Like I said, would an fa cup or a Europa cup have changed your opinion on him?
Yes, I expect us to win the league. 99% of our fans used to expect that, too.

Also, I'm not sure you know what "hate" means. I don't hate Ole. I think he's not a good manager. I'm not going to be a hypocrite and pretend he's a good one just because the correct decision was finally made.

DutchRed7

Forever a United legend

Who put the ball in the German's net,
Ole Gunnar Solskjær...

SER19

This season has made his performance seem worse than it was. You might still judge that he'd failed but he came 3rd and 2nd and had some very good results as well as high scoring wins and quality goals in first 2 seasons which had dried up.

What has happened since September though, is the worst we've been in a long time and he had to go, though again, blame for any manager needs to be shared with players and under solskjaer, the defenders in particular have been disgraceful

M Bison

Supports
York City
Loves the club and did his best, but wasn’t good enough. Obviously left on decent terms too, agree we’re in a better place than post Jose.

I like the video clip, I think it’s a classy end and respectful.

Good luck to him for the future.

0161_UNITED

What kind of f*cking pea brained neanderthal punches people over differing opinions on football? Sounds like something the dregs of society would do...
Fair play. Take some of these opinions expressed on here to the pubs around Greater Manchester and start calling people pea-brained neanderthals.. Let me know how it goes, too. We’d all love to know.

stevoc

The proof of the pudding will be in 12-18 months when we have a full time manager. Personally think his squad building is heavily overrated and only a couple will be mainstays, with maybe one or two more still being around as squad players.
Eh?

A new manager could start work tomorrow and replace the whole squad. But that wouldn't change the fact this current squad is clearly miles better than the one we had back in 2018. Genuinely baffled how this is even a debate.

This was the team for the 2018 FA Cup final with most of the squad fit. A back 5 consisting of players Ferguson signed the best part of a decade before and only 3 Mourinho signings. And between them Van Gaal and Jose had spent around £500-600m to assemble that squad over 4 years.

Last edited:

Jezpeza

Which other Manager would show such emotions on their way out? Be on your way legend. You tried your best.
Sad it hasnt worked out. Hoped he would grow with the team but playing possession based attacking football was never a strength of his and he failed to develop it this season when the personnel available demanded it.

whilst necessary, I feel his departure doesnt fix much. We still need to find a manager to topple Klopp and Pep at their respective castle grey skulls. Tuchel is also now in the picture and him and Pep are backed by infinite money. Dont see who is going to do it.

nmm85

What's with the "see you soon" at the end of the clip? Seems like he might have been offered a different role in the future or am I reading too much in to it?

wattsy7

A man of real integrity, unlike many on here & social media.

He will forever hold a place in our hearts, I for one can’t wait to hear my only solskjaer being sung aloud at Old Trafford in a couple weeks.

:(

Manny

Grammar Police
Our online fanbase is genuinely pathetic, as evidenced by some of the posts in this thread. Undeserving of success.
They're mostly kids and a bizarre bunch at that. Consuming copious amounts of ESPN and United Stand.

I doubt they were around to see him play for us going by the total lack of respect.

RedIke

I've been coming to this site for 10 years or so. I always knew the internet was a bitter place where people could be dicks. But man, it's still eye opening when people are such dicks just to be a dick. This is exactly what everyone wanted and some still can't wait to tell him how shot he was. He tried, he failed, he's gone. Ole still has my respect and love.

chiz2kul

Proper cringey.

We'd be laughing our arses off if Liverpool or City did this.
Therein is the double standard. Folks here fawning over the interview, even near tears. WTAF. Embarrassing!
Its pretty funny to see how split the caf is in reaction though. Says a lot.

Unpopular opinion, but IMO the signing of Ronaldo was ultimately his downfall.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I've been coming to this site for 10 years or so. I always knew the internet was a bitter place where people could be dicks. But man, it's still eye opening when people are such dicks just to be a dick. This is exactly what everyone wanted and some still can't wait to tell him how shot he was. He tried, he failed, he's gone. Ole still has my respect and love.
Whatever thread you open there’s people being dicks, they must think they’re funny but the lack of respect for someone who clearly lives the club and is a genuine United legend puts me off even opening, reading through or replying to anymore threads. It’s pathetic.

Vernon Philander

The club felt guilty and want to make it seem like a mutual decision to part.

But we all heard the raw defiance in his post match interview.

Devil81

Never did and never will stop being a legend of the football club for me.

He was responsible for the greatest moment of my football supporting life.

It's heartbreaking seeing how the job has taken it out of him. He kinda looks relieved it's all over.