Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

redshaw

If we're bouncing around 12th by Christmas I can see him gone and he'll probably last the season if we're 6th-8th.

Not sure who we bring in though. We'll have to see by the end of this season.

haram

He's obviously not good enough but neither is the squad so what are we supposed to do? If we sack him it looks stupid because the team is shit and we didn't back him, but if we don't sack him we will probably continue to be useless because he's a poor manager. It's a dire situation to be in.
Sack him once we finish outside the top 4. If he gets top 4 then he might have shown some promise for us to keep him.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
My point is simple. Ole had basically free half season last year. Time to know the squad, implement his style and ideas. We looked worse in june. Ok, then came pre-season and transfer window. Another chance and time to build style of play and squad. Now, 9 months after he came, what is his signature? Are we playing better than last year? Running more? Pressing more? Defending better? Attacking better? What is the reason why he should get more time?

Lampard is in Chelsea 2 months, without buying single player and he already have something to show. It is not looking great and i am not saying thst he is good or bad manager but so far his team is playing football, not sitting back. Rodgers also came after Ole and also has something to show.

I said before Chelsea game that Ole's results will be mix of everything. WLDWDLWD and so on. And that will not change i am afraid.
Chelsea finished 3rd and won the Europa league. They had a better team than us, they lost Hazard but bought Pulisic and had other decent players coming back from loan. We beat them 4-0, they could easily have lost to Leicester last week and beat a newly promoted Norwich conceding 2 in the process, let's not pretend they are brilliant.

NK86

Relax guys. Couple pens go in and we're right up there near the perch.
It's not the pens though Sults. We were poor. A lot of possession but no cutting edge. Can you see any sign of attacking patterns in our final third?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Simply has to bench Lingarrd with possibly the view to getting him out of the club. Lingarrd would not make wolves or everton starting 11.

sp_107

I hope we will not repeat our mistake to sack someone who is not the one to blame. We made massive mistakes over the last 10 years and we need to learn from them. Just want to mention some of them:

1. In 2009, we sold the best player in the world without trying to convince or stop him
2. Last 2 seasons of Sir Alex were awful, we should have forced him to retire after the 2011 final against Barcelona
3. David Moyes didn`t get money for good players, even though the team desperately needed new faces
4. Moyes was sacked before the end of the season which is ridiculous, especially without giving him money for transfers
5. I don`t know why Louis Van Gal was appointed and what was his job at the club, the thing i remember is that we were playing a football good for the second division
6. Mourinho did a good job during the first season, but for some reasons everything went wrong after that and he actually should have been sacked after the end of the second season

and some good words for Ole:

1. The guy loves the club and did a very good job in the transfer window (probably our best transfer window since 2003-2004), Mourinho also had one good though
2. and the best thing, he got rid of Fellaini;
3. Probably, today was the last chance for Lingard and he will no longer be part of ole`s plans or at least in long term;
4. Ole knows how to manage the players and knows what we need in order to be a top club again, he just need 2 or 3 players more
5. If we sack him, who would be better?

Stupid points

Greck

It appears our underlying system is shit, whilst theirs is rather impressive.
We don't have one. I'm certain a solid plan to look fluid when we are in possession wouldn't have a technically deficient player in the hole. We're asking to have our attacks broken down by poor touches and poor creativity

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Reminds me of my manager at work. He got a role she wouldn't even dream of because she was friends with the right people. She does nothing, doesn't discipline team members because she doesn't want to upset them and lead to them to leave. Just happy to be there, really.

Out of the top six teams he might be the worst manager, only Lampard has question marks over him. His number 2 has been out of top flight football for years, the rest of his coaching staff are inexperienced and some of the players he likes are not good enough.

He's a counter attacking manager who's trying to implement a style he doesn't know how to coach well enough, under players who are not good enough.

Made me laugh when Maguire went to Lindelof and made him take the free-kick. They looked very confused by it all, wtf do they do in training?

Josep Dowling

I understand what you are trying to say but would heavens fall if he made a comment like this ; 'I am glad about our transfer business. We obviously couldn't get what all the players we set out to before the window. .The market is always dynamic but I know the club's ambitions and they are in tandem with mine and we will not rest on our laurels. We are always striving to improve our squad, both the players that are here and the ones we will get in future and I believe the board is constantly thinking of ways to add to our squad"........

That comment would have made fans more understanding of his predicament instead of ' I am VERY HAPPY with our business....just out curiosity, can't a coach say it the way I said it without being disrespectful or antagonistic towards the board?
Well I agree but Solskjaer is a yes man. He knows full well he’s lucky to have the job and doesn’t want to rock the boat.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
We need a young hungry coach who is looking tactically good in a league like Spain or Germany. Is there anyone?

bondsname

With results like this I can see Pogba demanding to go, hell he’d probably even consider a move to Stockport County at this rate.
Tbf he deserves better than this. I think his stint at United has taken a toll on him, rarely see him smiling anymore.

SAFMUTD

Sack him once we finish outside the top 4. If he gets top 4 then he might have shown some promise for us to keep him.
We'll loose Pogba by then, our income will be severely hit which means no money nor champions league to attract players. People downplay the effects to end up outside top 4, just being a team who doesnt compete for titles is bad enough, ending outside top 4 makes it almost impossible to attract world class talent. We are truly in danger to fall from a cliff if we repeat last seasons form.

haram

Win percentage since becoming permanent manager is 20%? Is that correct?

haram

We'll loose Pogba by then, our income will be severely hit which means no money nor champions league to attract players. People downplay the effects to end up outside top 4, just being a team who doesnt compete for titles is bad enough, ending outside top 4 makes it almost impossible to attract world class talent. We are truly in danger to fall from a cliff if we repeat last seasons form.
Well that's what is probably going to happen so buckle up.

Andersons Dietician

To be honest I think he’ll be bulletproof until at least next season. It’s also fare to say he is currently trying to properly rebuild a squad. He’s getting rid of players and making it clear they aren’t wanted. Would imagine he feels he is somewhat safe given with what he’s gone in to the season with as it’s a bit of a ready made excuse.

If maybe January he brings people in or next season he’s probably 3 players away from a really good team.

NJM78

We don't have one. I'm certain a solid plan to look fluid when we are in possession wouldn't have a technically deficient player in the hole. We're asking to have our attacks broken down by poor touches
Problem is we have an abundance of deficient technique. Even Rashford and James. Martial looks to have the best touch of the front four and then in midfield McTominay is very limited on the ball so Pogba has to do the lot. Even our full backs are not great with the ball. The team is not very good.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I think he means well, and identifies the right players. Says the right things, understands the attitude needed.
But actual match tactics, in-game management and attention to detail? Not so much.

I'm afraid he's not going to succeed here. There was a brief passage of time when I thought he was the answer, but he isn't.

MattyB1986

Who told you this? All the interviews Ole gave after the transfer window closed suggest he was happy with the squad and team morale is high and the boys will surprise us this season...or am I missing something here?
Well, Ole isn't going to say, "I'm going to struggle in midfield, because we never invested more in that area" before the start of the season, was he?

Bwuk

I’m not sure why people were so optimistic before the season.

We signed Maguire who imo will be a great signing and improves us.

A right back who can’t attack from Crystal Palace, and a winger from the Championship.

We lost Herrera, and even before that we had about 5 first 11 positions that need filled.

Whether or not Ole is the man for the job, our squad is a mess.

bondsname

We should go for Poch next summer. But admittingly it would be a step down career wise for him, why the feck would he want to walk into this mess? So well either bring in an ex United player to manage us, Allegri, or bring Mourinho back. Either way we are doomed.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I’m not sure why people were so optimistic before the season.

We signed Maguire who imo will be a great signing and improves us.

A right back who can’t attack from Crystal Palace, and a winger from the Championship.

We lost Herrera, and even before that we had about 5 first 11 positions that need filled.

Whether or not Ole is the man for the job, our squad is a mess.
I don’t think people were optimistic at all. Where on earth did you see an overall fee of optimism? It cannot be on here.

Bwuk

I don’t think people were optimistic at all. Where on earth did you see an overall fee of optimism? It cannot be on here.
A lot on here were very optimistic before the season and during pre season.

We are miles off Liverpool/City.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
It's preposterous to suggest we sack him now. Let it play out, we all know deep down where this is heading so let's just wait it out.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I think he means well, and identifies the right players. Says the right things, understands the attitude needed.
But actual match tactics, in-game management and attention to detail? Not so much.

I'm afraid he's not going to succeed here. There was a brief passage of time when I thought he was the answer, but he isn't.
So do I.

Idxomer

I've lost a lot of the optimism and hope with him when I heard him say he's not a hands-on coach and that he leaves the specifics to Phelan, Carrick and McKenna. For me, that was a big warning sign.

bondsname

Yep. We are in for a long season, but at least our youth will get some experience.

haram

Yup, we will see. Or I will, you will be gone. Keep telling yourself that the problem is the manager, and appointing a new one will magically solve everything.
Maybe we should appoint someone who has proven they can actually solve a problem at Premier League level.

Suedesi

Counterattacking coach. Has no clue what to do when we need to impose our will on the game, and hence useless for us.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Yup, we will see. Or I will, you will be gone. Keep telling yourself that the problem is the manager, and appointing a new one will magically solve everything.
Solskjaer isn't the only problem but he's certainly one of the major ones.

Ace of Spades

Maybe we should appoint someone who has proven they can actually solve a problem at Premier League level.
We did, and it solved nothing. No manager can solve our issues without good support from the higher ups. This was always going to take time, the fact that our squad was allowed to get to this state was always going to be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.