Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alabaster Codify7

Yup, we will see. Or I will, you will be gone. Keep telling yourself that the problem is the manager, and appointing a new one will magically solve everything.
I've spent all my time since full time pointing out in numerous threads how many subpar, midtable first team players we have, lad.

It's a problem from top to bottom,and Ole is part of it.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Counterattacking coach. Has no clue what to do when we need to impose our will on the game, and hence useless for us.
Tbf I don't think the players are good enough to break down stubborn teams. This has been common theme now with last 4 managers, not just Ole.

But when you're relying on Jesse Lingard to make things happen in that decisive role then you truly are fecked.

The whole club is an absolute shambles. Nothing has changed. We've sold Herrera and Lukaku and not replaced either when we.didnt have enough in our front 6 when we had them. Now we have even less.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Jose wasn't underachieving with this squad, he massively overachieved in 17/18 and made people actually believe we had the quality to be right behind City.
That 2nd place is like an illusion. We were shite, even Liverpool was starting to look like the team they are now.
Simply has to bench Lingarrd with possibly the view to getting him out of the club. Lingarrd would not make wolves or everton starting 11.
OGS loves him too much for that

lsd

The Oracle
It's beginning to look like Moyes now as he is looking clueless and out of his depth .

He trusts the wrong players and is to stubborn to try something else and give other players a chance

SAFMUTD

We need a young hungry coach who is looking tactically good in a league like Spain or Germany. Is there anyone?
Not from Spain or Germany but Erik ten Hag from Ajax showed really promising signs last season.

haram

We did, and it solved nothing. No manager can solve our issues without good support from the higher ups. This was always going to take time, the fact that our squad was allowed to get to this state was always going to be a problem.
So we appointed the Molde manager because he used to play for us.

starman

Missed two crucial penalties in a row. Can't blame him for that. Score them, as expected, and these threads talking about sacking him will be even more ridiculous

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Sacking Ole would be daft at this point. This early while he has support from the group and we have obvious flaws in the first eleven, let alone good options on the bench.I think his signings have been good and will be good for the club. If he can continue to target good players and keep the current lot developing and happy then I see no reason to get rid of him.
Despite how frustrated I am after today, there is no hiding that the frustration has been building up over years and singling Ole out as the reason for how I feel about the club currently would be madness, I think.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Reminds me of my manager at work. He got a role she wouldn't even dream of because she was friends with the right people. She does nothing, doesn't discipline team members because she doesn't want to upset them and lead to them to leave. Just happy to be there, really.

Out of the top six teams he might be the worst manager, only Lampard has question marks over him. His number 2 has been out of top flight football for years, the rest of his coaching staff are inexperienced and some of the players he likes are not good enough.

He's a counter attacking manager who's trying to implement a style he doesn't know how to coach well enough, under players who are not good enough.

Made me laugh when Maguire went to Lindelof and made him take the free-kick. They looked very confused by it all, wtf do they do in training?
Sadly your assessment isn’t far off.

Nikelesh Reddy

It's preposterous to suggest we sack him now. Let it play out, we all know deep down where this is heading so let's just wait it out.
This.Ridiculous to sack him now...He shouldn’t have been given the job in the first place,I thought that giving him the job was a ridiculous decision.After giving him the job we can’t sack him within a couple of months...There’s no good replacement available anyway...,We”ll have to make the change and start all over again next summer....So basically we are looking at another wasted season...

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I hope we will not repeat our mistake to sack someone who is not the one to blame. We made massive mistakes over the last 10 years and we need to learn from them. Just want to mention some of them:

1. In 2009, we sold the best player in the world without trying to convince or stop him
2. Last 2 seasons of Sir Alex were awful, we should have forced him to retire after the 2011 final against Barcelona
3. David Moyes didn`t get money for good players, even though the team desperately needed new faces
4. Moyes was sacked before the end of the season which is ridiculous, especially without giving him money for transfers
5. I don`t know why Louis Van Gal was appointed and what was his job at the club, the thing i remember is that we were playing a football good for the second division
6. Mourinho did a good job during the first season, but for some reasons everything went wrong after that and he actually should have been sacked after the end of the second season
Train wreck.

NoLogo

I’m not sure why people were so optimistic before the season.

We signed Maguire who imo will be a great signing and improves us.

A right back who can’t attack from Crystal Palace, and a winger from the Championship.

We lost Herrera, and even before that we had about 5 first 11 positions that need filled.

Whether or not Ole is the man for the job, our squad is a mess.
I wasn't. It was clear as day that we needed a top defensive midfielder who can not only defend but actually move the ball around as well, a really good wide player who could play on the right and a creative midfielder. The midfield we have right now is too dependent on Pogba not having a bad day.

fergiesarmy1

It's beginning to look like Moyes now as he is looking clueless and out of his depth .

He trusts the wrong players and is to stubborn to try something else and give other players a chance
He doesn’t have many options when selecting his team, can’t see how changing a manager is going to change that.

JohnnyKills

Some of the reactions are a bit kneejerk aren't they? We've had two good performances and one bad one.

Don't see Solskjaer staying long-term but not sure we'd achieve by getting rid of him, not until the end of the season anyway.

This year is really about getting rid of the players we don't want and introducing some of the young talent. If we get top four it's a bonus.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
It's not the pens though Sults. We were poor. A lot of possession but no cutting edge. Can you see any sign of attacking patterns in our final third?
Its all rush football at the moment. We definitely need a technical player and some composure in the final third just to knit the game together.

Still, though, too much negativity. Chin up.

joker00

Sack him to bring who ? I don't see someone available to fill the job in a better way.
We better calm down, if it was not for the two missed penalties and today's Lindelof mistake, we could be easely head of the table and no one would bring this topic at first place.

Reactions: Invictus

DLE

Alternative for Docklands Light Rail
Ole never shows his temper or passion on the sideline. Can’t see him really giving it to the team in the locker room either. That scares me.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
We shouldn't have to rely on pens to beat Crystal Palace at home.
I understand, buddy. It is frustrating. Just back from the game, and the refereeing and time-wasting were shocking. Just broke up any rhythm United tried to build.

Enigma_87

You know who
He doesn’t have many options when selecting his team, can’t see how changing a manager is going to change that.
Selling Lukaku and not bringing in a replacement didn’t help. Not bringing CM’s didn’t help. Being happy with the squad didn’t help.

He has put himself in that position.

fergiesarmy1

Selling Lukaku and not bringing in a replacement didn’t help. Not bringing CM’s didn’t help. Being happy with the squad didn’t help.

He has put himself in that position.
Probably not all on him though, pretty sure our attempts at signing over the hill strikers show he wanted a replacement.

The fact that we were after over the hill striker says more about Woodward and the glazers.

Stepney73

There's no point sacking him now as no top manager with any sense would touch this club with a barge pole(untill the ownership changes at least).

Having said that we hired him on the emotion of the PSG away game but should have waited until the season finished before making the decision.
I just think we dwell on the past far too much because the board and owners have no clue how to run a football club.

Once ole gets the boot(which he will before the season is out)they have nowhere left to hide.

haram

He showed so much talent at Molde that Cardiff hired him and then got relegated!

Enigma_87

You know who
Probably not all on him though, pretty sure our attempts at signing over the hill strikers show he wanted a replacement.

The fact that we were after over the hill striker says more about Woodward and the glazers.
When you go in a season unprepared you can’t blame the squad. He spent a lot of time explaining how a bunch of kids are ready for first team action and will be essential for our game. When this was clear to pretty much everybody that it won’t work who is to blame? The kids or the manager going into the season without a plan B and senior players?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Some of the reactions are a bit kneejerk aren't they? We've had two good performances and one bad one.

Don't see Solskjaer staying long-term but not sure we'd achieve by getting rid of him, not until the end of the season anyway.

This year is really about getting rid of the players we don't want and introducing some of the young talent. If we get top four it's a bonus.
Don't think they're knee-jerk. Many people didn't want him to be signed and many people wanted him gone after the last season. Remember, last season he finished very poorly. The worst form of United in the PL I think it was and if you also count the CL it's not 3 wins in the last 15 matches, 6 of which where we failed to score a goal and the only clean sheet was Chelsea which we were frankly lucky to get.

Matt.H

He better needs to come up with a tactic against teams that sit deep and wait for counter. Seems to have no clue other than counter attacking against teams that do not sit deep. Not sure how Chelsea game would have ended if it wasn’t for the early pk goal.

fergiesarmy1

When you go in a season unprepared you can’t blame the squad. He spent a lot of time explaining how a bunch of kids are ready for first team action and will be essential for our game. When this was clear to pretty much everybody that it won’t work who is to blame? The kids or the manager going into the season without a plan B and senior players?
Can see what your saying but we have half a dozen players we paid silly money for, they aren’t performing (even saint pogba). End of the day whoever the manager is it’s always going to be down to the players on the pitch.

Giggsyking

"No," Solskjaer replied when asked if he had any concerns about Lingard's form. "We stick together and Jesse's not scored any goals in the last three games, no, but he's been a big part of our team and will continue being an important part.

:lol:

stubie

5 points already behind Liverpool and we are only in week 3.
Did you expect any different?

We are the Liverpool of 2010 on and off the pitch, problem is we’ve been like it for 6 years and show no signs of changing anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.