Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I haven't criticized Ole for what he did or didn't say yesterday that would be unfair it wasn't anything more than a rumour when he was asked.
Like I've said I feel Ole is a different case to Klopp and Pep neither of whom are Liverpool or City legends. Why on earth would Klopp or Pep be worried about their clubs history or future, they are just employees. I wouldn't expect Jose Moyes or Van gaal to say anything if they were currently our managers either.
Ole is a Manchester United legend he is part of our history. He mainly got the job based on that and his attachment and love for the club, he strongly believes in the United DNA, the United way, the United fans, wants what is best for the club. If he loves this club and its fans so much which I believe he does, shouldn't he be an even bigger legend and say what he really believes. That's all I'm saying. They are destroying our club and our league.
Have you got a link on the Athletic article please?
Ok, how about this. Let's see if Pep, being a Barca legend, criticizes Barca's participation in SL?

At the end of the day, all these are mere employees of the company. What would eventually happen is Utd will happily sack Ole and sack another Mou to commercialize the club further

https://theathletic.com/2529819/202...r-bonuses-what-players-think-of-super-league/

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
All the managers and players of these clubs so far looked as lost as the rest of us with this shit. Which begs the question how tf have all the clubs done this with it not filtering to any of the managers. fecking disgrace.
The fact they have been scheming in the shadows and not even the managers were informed speaks volumes.

They fecking knew this abomination would be poorly recieved, but it seems their greed overcame that.

They need to be removed. Every single one of them

Tapori

I think the owners could claim they neglected their jobs, and terminate their contracts after a warning or two.
What is their job defined as under football?
Can the ESL clubs literally sanction a player for not playing how the ESL wants them to play?
Can the ESL terminate every players contract?

I doubt any case has ever appeared in court- As a collective action it would be hilarious to watch it be taken to court.
"Your honour, the players neglected their jobs!!!"
Define jobs
"To Play football"
????
"Players and manager collectively decided this was the best tactical approach: bore the opposition into submission"

Case Precedent - The Megson Approach 2.0

Paul_Scholes18

If Ole do not speak out I am done with this team. Owners and manager just totally greedy assholes then and I guess most of our players too.

As a minimum requirement at least be not worse than Klopp.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
If Ole do not speak out I am done with this team. Owners and manager just totally greedy assholes then and I guess most of our players too.

There will be a joint statement from the captains through Jordan Henderson in the coming days. A meeting between the club captains have been called. You can expect the statement to be completely in support of the league and the spirit of competition.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/s...er-League-captains-European-Super-League.html

I fully expect Ole to tow the line of both Klopp and Pep on this when he's given a microphone to speak to.

"Ed Woodward held an emergency briefing with ‘seriously unimpressed’ Manchester United players at Carrington on Monday morning.

Sportsmail understands that some members of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s squad were angered after they found out about the breakaway European Super League – and their own employer’s central role in it – via the media on Sunday.

Insiders have disclosed that some also felt Solskjaer was thrown under the bus when left to face questions from Sky after the story had broken during their 3-1 victory over Burnley on Sunday"

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

You can't. That's a violation of employment terms. Leave the players and managers out of this. Good or bad, this is on owners 100%

Kaos

You can't. That's a violation of employment terms. Leave the players and managers out of this. Good or bad, this is on owners 100%
Is it though? Look at Pep's recent comments - not directly undermining the ownership of his club, merely expressing his opinion on what constitutes the spirit of sport in an indirect way, Klopp too to a milder extent. I'd be disappointed if Ole simply towed the Glazer line and bottled it with a Tuchel-esque "I trust the club to do the right thing" or Zidane's cop out of "dunno ask the owners innit".

There are ways to voice your derision towards the idea in a roundabout away as a player or manager.

Paul_Scholes18

There will be a joint statement from the captains through Jordan Henderson in the coming days. A meeting between the club captains have been called. You can expect the statement to be completely in support of the league and the spirit of competition.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/s...er-League-captains-European-Super-League.html

I fully expect Ole to tow the line of both Klopp and Pep on this when he's given a microphone to speak to.

"Ed Woodward held an emergency briefing with ‘seriously unimpressed’ Manchester United players at Carrington on Monday morning.

Sportsmail understands that some members of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s squad were angered after they found out about the breakaway European Super League – and their own employer’s central role in it – via the media on Sunday.

Insiders have disclosed that some also felt Solskjaer was thrown under the bus when left to face questions from Sky after the story had broken during their 3-1 victory over Burnley on Sunday"
Glad that some are angry. It is probably Rashford and Bruno I would guess.

Raveneye

I think the owners could claim they neglected their jobs, and terminate their contracts after a warning or two.
Could is not the same as would though. Whole teams of players are not fungible commodities. Their talents are unique and their training isn't something money can solve without time.

troylocker

Could is not the same as would though. Whole teams of players are not fungible commodities. Their talents are unique and their training isn't something money can solve without time.
I hope the players will protest, don't get my wrong, but protests after the ESL is formed is too late. The protests must come now.

Amarsdd

I don't know if it is this one or another report saying Ole and the team only knew about this about 30 min before the kick-off.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I don't know if it is this one or another report saying Ole and the team only knew about this about 30 min before the kick-off.
Yeah that's the reported story.

Reasonable to assume its true considering Klopp saying the same thing.

The club owners of every club kept the staff and players completely in the dark on this.

El Zoido

Yeah that's the reported story.

Reasonable to assume its true considering Klopp saying the same thing.

The club owners of every club kept the staff and players completely in the dark on this.
It’s fecking appalling. No words for how scummy this is, the absolute cretins.

Red Royal

Fair play to Maguire!
I dont know how we can guess as to which players are most p1553d by this and who wants the $$$s. It does not just correlate directly to their football ability or seniority in the squad.

Would hppe at least the ones at the end of their careeer (e.g. Mata, Matic) could be a mouthpiece for the club.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I bet you this will certainly not be what the line of argument is in any joint statement

0le

What a shite position he has been placed into by Woodward and the owners, who continue to hide away and let the players and staff deal with the consequences.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:lol:
Go on Ole, challenge your employers, then the Caf will want you to stay in your job. Didn’t realise we were paying his salary.
Regardless of whether he stays or goes, I hope he condemns it. We need to pile up the pressure on our feckwit owners. Ole starting would set the tone for players and fans alike.

passing-wind

Solskjaer is not Pep or Klopp he has absolutely no pedigree as a manager and this job is his employment. If Pep / Klopp go they have a host of options of club's to compete at. It would be an unwise decision for Ole to voice anything that puts a negative perspective on the owners.

Red Royal

Oh come on give him a chance, this thing is so new and he seems to have been caught by surprise like most of us with the timing.

IMHO he was doing a fine job this year and inside must be hating this turn of events. At least give him a few press conferences to determine if he is going to stick his neck out or not.

Water Melon

Oh come on give him a chance, this thing is so new and he seems to have been caught by surprise like most of us with the timing.

IMHO he was doing a fine job this year and inside must be hating this turn of events. At least give him a few press conferences to determine if he is going to stick his neck out or not.
Lmfao

TrustInOle

First manager to be questioned on the matter, literally only hours after it dropped, straight after a game. Give him a chance for Christ's sake!

I can almost guarantee that Ole and the staff are appalled by, not only the idea, but the sh1t housery surrounding how they manage to put the plan together! He is United and football through and through, he will certainly appose the idea, I have no doubt in my mind!

Glorio

:lol:
Go on Ole, challenge your employers, then the Caf will want you to stay in your job. Didn’t realise we were paying his salary.
Exactly ... The same bunch of fans that have called him "idiot", "clueless", etc. all of a sudden are all about him being a club legend, understanding the United Way and doing the "right" thing - by committing professional suicide so that the same bunch who never gave him a chance feel good about themselves.

Football is a selfish business (I said this in another thread), and anyone in football who doesn't realise this will be very quickly hung out to dry.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
But didn't speak out against the Glazers when he was the manager of the club
They was no need for him to speak against the Glazers just as I wouldn't expect Ole to either up until this. This is much bigger though. SAF would have spoken against this just like Pep already has. And I am in no mood to get into an Ole dispute with you right now. What is going on now is much more important.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
He may not speak against it, but please I never want to hear about the United way or the United DNA ever again.
Maybe wait until he's in a situation where he can speak up? What do you expect him to do, call his own press conference?

He was asked about this before the league had even announced the plans 5 hours after the Burnley game.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Sorry I might have misread, I meant to insinuate they will certainly not agree to back the ESL*
Yeah that's what I was getting at, maybe I worded myself poorly :p

The players have contractual obligations to stay away from language that can "damage the club".

But I think Luke Shaw put it well

Dve

Ole´s style was never to confront the club in the media, he´ll be trying to influence the process behind closed doors. If Chelsea and City are withdrawing for the Super League - as reported tonight - I trust both Ole and the players to make sure United follow in their footsteps.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
If he got 2nd and you got rid of woodward and possibly the glazers under his management, I'd say that's pretty good.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

The fact people couldn’t see the difference situation between Ole and Klopp or Pep amused me. One only just knew the news on that day in the middle of the match, while the other ones already knew within 24-48 hours. Sir Alex was fuming with the situation he was given.

‘’He was downplaying not fully knowing about what it would be.’’ ‘’he should have said this’’ ‘’he should have said that’’. Dear me.

pav1790

How can someone be so daft as to think Ole - Ole of 93rd minute - fecking Ole of "And Solskjaer has won it!" - that Ole would be for ESL and against UCL?

Who are these "fans"?

Status
Not open for further replies.