Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I swear you dont read posts. You said you didn’t mention the treble team, I just quoted your last two posts to show you did and then I laughed:lol:

Because, my dear friend.

If it's doesn't come to a polar, I would not be in Ole's out camp. If it doesn't reach my polar then I'd pretty much wait and see. The crux of the matter is that you can't accept people who thinks that Ole has reached their threshold. You "forced" people to adjust their polar threshold in the name of neutrality, and labelled those that has a different threshold than you as "Having no reasoned argument", while you yourself are stating soundbytes and made up myths about "dressing room (something you have no privy off), Players are improving (messi would improve if the Joker himself is coaching him, doesn't make Joker a good coach)"

And somehow my argument (whatever you think mine is) is flawed, and unfair while yours is the true pure neutral argument?

If you don't agree with me, fine. If you argue otherwise, fine. But don't come in here with a holier than thou attitude labeling people as "having no reasoned argument"

You have to remember that we all grew up watching United winning trebles, you clearly have no understanding and respect towards United fans thinking we somehow have an agenda on Ole. We don't, most of us has him in his sitting position celebrating the famous 1999 goal, most of us would love him to become our next SAF, check my record I defended him during his interim days. But that doesn't mean I'm blind.
This is what I said, where have i compared the current teams with treble winning team? I said I grew Up watching Ole, and as a Manchester United fans I would love him to succeed.

KekiZeki

No, i'm saying the way we play football is utter garbage counter attacking with zero attacking plan, if this still continues, but say, we get 1 nice pass from Bruno that equals a goal, Ole won't suddenly become a tactical genius and that will wipe the smile off everyones faces, even though i'm sure you and others will claim different. Hopefully he gets sacked and an actual good modern manager gets brought in regardless of the spending.
Ole is here to stay. He is improving us every step of the way. There was no pass from Bruno that equaled a goal, but that doesn't mean that work that's been going on at the club has been pointless. Ole is improving us, he will end this poor run of results next season, this season is staying among the elite of top 6 and possibly winning the EL our objective. Next season we go for top 4, maybe a cup, after that we will be in the mix for the title. Small steps, nothing is built over night.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
This is the worst we have been since Saf. He's not improving us.

BlackBen

Ole is here to stay. He is improving us every step of the way. There was no pass from Bruno that equaled a goal, but that doesn't mean that work that's been going on at the club has been pointless. Ole is improving us, he will end this poor run of results next season, this season is staying among the elite of top 6 and possibly winning the EL our objective. Next season we go for top 4, maybe a cup, after that we will be in the mix for the title. Small steps, nothing is built over night.
Where’s the white text?

This blind faith in this mediocre manager is really sickening tbh. What record does Ole have to show that he can turn the results around? And what are these improvement every step of the way you’re talking up?

So we should let him stink up the place for now and write the season off and hope for next season to be better? Rubbish!! Can’t believe the excuses people keep coming up with for this guy.

TRUERED89

I'd like to see an Ole supporter please answer this.
The answer is usually, we gave experienced managers the job, and they fecked it up too. Then the debate goes back up to Ed and Glazers, then back to the managers. It’s a vicious cycle that doesn’t ever end because we stay languishing between 4th and 7th every damn season.

Going into this season we had quite possibly the worst squad I have seen us with since Sir Alex retired and that ain't all Ole's fault, he is actually trying to remedy this with each of his signings exceeding or meeting expectations so far.
The state of this. I'm gonna give up posting here for a good while, some of these posters are just un-fecking-believable, so I'll leave with this…

Take @TrustInOle here, claiming above that we went into this season with quite possibly the worst squad he has seen, and in his own words "that's not Ole's fault" (of course it is). But the exact same fecking poster said in August:

On defence:

The way i see it, we have a lot to be positive about. We finally have a manager that understands and wants to play the United way.
We have just sorted our defence out finally, which has been needed doing since Ferdinand and Vidic's legs went out!
On midfield:

I think our negativity towards our midfield is getting a bit out of hand, for example, I wouldn't say Arsenal, Chelsea or even Liverpool and Spurs are better currently. Just played on a different tactical idea.
Now, in terms of personnel, if we stick to the two holders/ 8's then pogba, scott, matic, fred os a pretty solid 4 to choose from, add to this the potential of Garner, Fosu (after recovery) and I'd say that's easy top 4 material when you take into consideration the depth our rivals have there.
On the smaller squad/kids angle and the "most promising frontline out there" (also another mention of "possibly best defence in the league" in here):

I would much rather have a transfer policy that helps bring that strong winning mentality back, and Ole's was sounds more and more like he might do that. Along with his expectations being surpassed from the kids like Greenwood and Gomes, he seems happy.

Just a choice of phase from Ole's mouth 'signing a striker would have stunted Masons development'....... I think says alot about the confidence he will push onto the kids.

So instead of the doom and gloom, cant we all be appreciative towards the fact, we have one of, if not the best defense in the league, and the most promising frontline out there. I feel alot will be proved wrong this season.
I'll repeat, the absolute fecking state of this. That's me done in here, what on Earth is point of even trying to debate with this kind of complete bollocks in which a poster can do a complete 180 on his opinions from just a few months back to take as much blame away from Ole as possible?

The players are absolutely the most important part of a club, but a good manager makes individuals and the team better, a bad manager does the opposite, an amazing manager can improve the individual and team ten-fold (see Fergie, Klopp). Bottom line is though, these players should absolutely not be below Sheffield United in the table and possibly heading for 9th in the next couple of weeks. These players shouldn't only have won 9 from 25 (the same as Everton, Burnley & Southampton), we've won just 2 more games than Aston Villa in who sit 17th, so even if you want to go along the lines of a squad not being good enough, you've still got to admit that the squad absolutely is good enough to be doing much better than this.

Ole should prove between now and the end of the season that he can make this squad, including 214m euros of his own incomings + his loan signing, play better than the sum of their parts, if he does that, maybe the club can continue with him. If he continues like this, of fecking course he should be replaced by a manager with a better CV who believes in this current club rebuild and doesn't want to rip it up and start again.

Last edited:

beer&grill

I'm just making the point that the players on the pitch matter. Is the current squad that is not injured good enough for a top4 finish with consistently great performances? If the answer is no then you really need the players to do it, don't you? No amount of training and "managing" is going to make Pereira not lose the ball in dangerous situations, that is on the player.
I agree with you, no manager could turn Pereira into an world beater, but I’m pretty sure there are a lot of them who could put in place a system which hides his and other bad players weaknesses.

Regarding the bold part, puting Ole aside, I don’t think it’s too far fetched to say that no amount of good players will make a bad manager better. Sure, the team will play better, but that’s not due to the manager, but due to their individual brilliance.

This can come down to a simple equation:

Team=X
Team+Manager=Y

If Y isn’t much better than X, then the manager isn’t worth his wages, if Y is worse than X, which I believe it is in our case, then it’s a disaster. Sure, you can improve the value of X by buying better players, but doing only that isn’t the most efficient way going forward.

TrustInOle

The state of this. I'm gonna give up posting here for a good while, some of these posters are just un-fecking-believable, so I'll leave with this…

Take @TrustInOle here, claiming above that we went into this season with quite possibly the worst squad he has seen, and in his own words "that's not Ole's fault" (of course it is). But the exact same fecking poster said in August:

On defence:

On midfield:

On the smaller squad/kids angle and the "most promising frontline out there" (also another mention of "possibly best defence in the league" in here):

I'll repeat, the absolute fecking state of this. That's me done in here, what on Earth is point of even trying to debate with this kind of complete bollocks in which a poster can do a complete 180 on his opinions from just a few months back to take as much blame away from Ole as possible?

The players are absolutely the most important part of a club, but a good manager makes individuals and the team better, a bad manager does the opposite, an amazing manager can improve the individual and team ten-fold (see Fergie, Klopp). Bottom line is though, these players should absolutely not be below Sheffield United in the table and possibly heading for 9th in the next couple of weeks. These players shouldn't only have won 9 from 25 (the same as Everton, Burnley & Southampton), we've won just 2 more games than Aston Villa in who sit 17th, so even if you want to go along the lines of a squad not being good enough, you've still got to admit that the squad absolutely is good enough to be doing much better than this.

Ole should prove between now and the end of the season that he can make this squad, including 214m euros of his own incomings + his loan signing, play better than the sum of their parts, if he does that, maybe the club can continue with him. If he continues like this, of fecking course he should be replaced by a manager with a better CV who believes in this current club rebuild and doesn't want to rip it up and start again.
Read the rest of the thread and again, do you want an apology or something that my opinion has changed in the last 6 months? That I chose to put faith in Ole that has sonce been shown to be wrong? Also openly said recently I don't think Ole is the right man for the job, but instead of just getting worked up about the manager, i have issues with other parts of the club which matter more, which you would know reading other posts in this thread over the last 6 hours. But please continue to spin yourself into a rage over my opinion. Good day sir.

Edit: I stand by the front line comment, key word being 'promising', with both Rashford and Greenwood exceeding expectations. Along with Maguire looking a solid addition to our defence. Apologies again for having an incorrect opinion at that time and having faith our players and manager would show more.

elánius

Read the rest of the thread and again, do you want an apology or something that my opinion has changed in the last 6 months? That I chose to put faith in Ole that has sonce been shown to be wrong? Also openly said recently I don't think Ole is the right man for the job, but instead of just getting worked up about the manager, i have issues with other parts of the club which matter more, which you would know reading other posts in this thread over the last 6 hours. But please continue to spin yourself into a rage over my opinion. Good day sir.

Edit: I stand by the front line comment, key word being 'promising'
Dude, sorry to break it to you but this is pathetic.

So Ole was good enough and players were also good enough only six months ago, but now Ole is still good enough (you dont even might to say why), but players are suddenly not good enough, because? And your opinion changed based on what? How can you possibly know that those players are suddenly not good enough? What exactly changed? What is the system we play? Why is our defence not the best in the league? Is Maguire worse player you thought he is? Same with AWB? Are Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs players better than you thought even though they are having worst seasons for last 5-6 years? And what exactly is so bad with our management? Ole got 5 players for 200 mil. liber, he let go 8 senior players. It is more than Emery, Arteta. Poch, Mourinho or Lampard can only dream of.

Last edited:

jamesjimmybyrondean

Edit: I stand by the front line comment, key word being 'promising'
So you think Ole is not the right man. And you think the board should go like everybody else. But what happens when the Glazers and Woodward are still around next year because that's a very likely scenario you're not mentioning or considering. So I'm asking you, in a scenario where the Glazers and Woodward are not going anywhere do we keep Ole or sack him?

TrustInOle

So you think Ole is not the right man. And you think the board should go like everybody else. But what happens when the Glazers and Woodward are still around next year because that's a very likely scenario you're not mentioning or considering. So I'm asking you, in a scenario where the Glazers and Woodward are not going anywhere do we keep Ole or sack him?
Already been answered.

TrustInOle

Dude, sorry to break it to you but this is pathetic.

So Ole was good enough and players were also good enough only six months ago, but now Ole is still good enough (you dont even might to say why), but players are suddenly not good enough, because? And your opinion changed based on what? How can you possibly know that those players are suddenly not good enough? What exactly changed? What is the system we play? Why is our defence not the best in the league? Is Maguire worse player you thought he is? Same with AWB? Are Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs players better than you thought even though they are having worst seasons for last 5-6 years? And what exactly is so bad with our management? Ole got 5 players for 200 mil. liber, he let go 8 senior players. It is more than Emery, Arteta. Poch, Mourinho or Lampard can only dream of.
People change opinions dude, it was called faith. Chill out before you blow a casket. The amount people get worked up over an opinion, that isn't to differential to most (see my convo with enigma). Of course I ain't happy but I am also not foolish enough to expect much from our board. Again I shall ask you what I have asked everyone else, who is it still employing Ole?

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
This is what I said, where have i compared the current teams with treble winning team? I said I grew Up watching Ole, and as a Manchester United fans I would love him to succeed.
What makes you think so? We're just a bunch of ragtag collection of players. They've shown no great chemistry like our treble team, nothing like barcelona 2008, just a collective individual who doesnt know each other position so bad they misplaced alot of passes.
Let's stop now

jamesjimmybyrondean

How does that answer what I asked. The post suggested the Glazers do things they've not done and wouldn't do. I'm asking you if absolutely nothing changes at the top, if the changes you're suggesting the Glazers makes does not happen do you think we should sack or keep Ole? It's a really simple question.

TrustInOle

How does that answer what I asked. The post suggested the Glazers do things they've not done and wouldn't do. I'm asking you if absolutely nothing changes at the top, if the changes you're suggesting the Glazers makes does not happen do you think we should sack or keep Ole? It's a really simple question.
What nonsense are you spouting? If I say I no longer think he is good enough, what do you think that means? Don't understand your point?

Let me ask you, if another manager comes in and performs shit, what then? See, pointless questioning goes nowhere.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Owners and Ed are not good and need to go but Ole got 100% backing from them. In one year they bought him players for 200 mil. They sold players who he didn't want.
But even if they didn't do anything of that; they are here and will be here. So we must fix what we can. Our manager is bad. Clearly and totally out of depth and needs to go no matter who are the owners and CEO.
I don't understand your logic. Owners are bad so lets don't do nothing? Why we bought 200mil worth players then? I mean, if Ed and Glazers are problem then why we even buy players?

hubbuh

I’d much rather we had people get predictions wrong than the snide, snivelling, boring negative know-it-all’s that are all too common on the ‘caf nowadays. United being a bit crap has undoubtedly brought the worst out of the woodwork. It’d be ridiculous and RAWK-lite if this place was a limitless well of positivity given the reality of the situation, and constructive, insightful and funny negative discussion is great, but the relentless sniping of all and sundry is boring and literally pointless (when it’s neither funny nor insightful, recent rubbish you read like Wan-Bisakka is shit).

elánius

People change opinions dude, it was called faith. Chill out before you blow a casket. The amount people get worked up over an opinion, that isn't to differential to most (see my convo with enigma). Of course I ain't happy but I am also not foolish enough to expect much from our board. Again I shall ask you what I have asked everyone else, who is it still employing Ole?
Thank you for not answering any of my questions. Actually proves the point perfectly. You changed you opinion because people change opinion and if some people say WHY, they are worked up. Ok. :-)

Yes, Ed is doing big mistake to keep him there, but his biggest mistake was to hire him in first place. Now he just does not want to admit it. So you are against our board because they didnt sack Ole yet? I would agree with that.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Its rather easy to shit post if you ignore basic context for all those games. Wolves have taken points off of City, Chelsea and Leicester, all teams above United in the league. Southampton have taken points off of Leicester, Tottenham and Chelsea as well. I can keep going down that list. None of those teams have lost most of their midfield owing to injury and players as important as Rashford except Spurs with Kane.

jamesjimmybyrondean

What nonsense are you spouting? If I say I no longer think he is good enough, what do you think that means? Don't understand your point?

Let me ask you, if another manager comes in and performs shit, what then? See, pointless questioning goes nowhere.
Bearing TrustInOle should make anyone think you trust in Ole wouldn't it? And that would mean you see him as good enough. But I'm glad your glasses are off and you can now see he's not good enough for us

Sack him. Simple as that. You can't leave someone that's underperforming to keep underperforming. That's just dumb.

lumeyes

On defence:

On midfield:

Good heaven! You had all the time to dig up all those past posts. Good that the internet doesn't forget and makes it relatively easier to dig up the past.

Some people don't get it, Ole, on current performance level, will cause a lasting damage to the club if he stays for another one to two seasons. And he has no history we can look at and say maybe he will turn things around. Even the most basic things seem difficult for him . An example is sitting down on the bench while his best free kick taker is pushed away from a more or less injury time free kick, at a time when we needed a goal to keep hopes alive.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Its rather easy to shit post if you ignore basic context for all those games. Wolves have taken points off of City, Chelsea and Leicester, all teams above United in the league. Southampton have taken points off of Leicester, Tottenham and Chelsea as well. I can keep going down that list. None of those teams have lost most of their midfield owing to injury and players as important as Rashford except Spurs with Kane.
Manchester United have dropped 30 points against those teams which would result in a sacking at any big club with ambition. Chelsea and Spurs have been shit too and have either been hampered by a transfer ban or have have sacked the manager to improve the situation. And both clubs are above us in the league. Leicester are also 14 points clear of us and are punching well above expectations, so using Leicester to make your point is a moot one.

Eddy_JukeZ

That graphic @Adnan linked is a disgrace.

Ole is super lucky Woodward is incompetent. He should have been sacked a long time ago.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

Ole has no pedigree or history to prove he is even capable of handling this job, especially up against 3 of the best managers in the world. If we brought in another manager that had proven what he can do, yet we were still shit, then the outcome depends on different variables. Are we playing good football but not getting results? Are there obvious areas of the team that need to be upgraded? Are we still getting rolled over by teams clearly not as good as us, as is the case with Solskjaer?

The squad we have now is better than it is showing and Solskjaer has never given anything to show that he could lead a good team to trophies at this level. He's never shown that he can be the type of manager, like Klopp, that can make the collective better than the sum of it's parts. He's never created a style of football and a team, like Guardiola, that is near perfection in terms of tactics and technique. There's just nothing to look to with Solskjaer, yet we're being asked to trust him to rebuild and spending hundreds of millions.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Just out of interest, how many are supporting Ole, purely due to sentiment?
Replace his name and face with David Moyes and everyone would be flying Ole out banners.

hobbers

Just out of interest, how many are supporting Ole, purely due to sentiment?
Every single one of them, even if they don't realise or acknowledge it.

There's no other valid reason to support Ole in the job at this point.

SATA

How the heck did we lose to Palace and Burnley and draw to Villa at home? And then losses to Bournemouth and Newcastle away? Absolutely abysmal. That’s at least 13 points we threw away

Robbie Boy

Every single one of them, even if they don't realise or acknowledge it.

There's no other valid reason to support Ole in the job at this point.
Sure, look at the amount of fans on here who support him that have Ole in their username or are Norwegian. Then you have the sentimentality crew and the ones supporting him just to save face because they preached about how great he was going to be. Then of course you have the oppos who absolutely love him being our manager.

SirAF

Ageist
Sure, look at the amount of fans on here who support him that have Ole in their username or are Norwegian. Then you have the sentimentality crew and the ones supporting him just to save face because they preached about how great he was going to be. Then of course you have the oppos who absolutely love him being our manager.
Not all Norwegians are blindly Ole in:nono: But I do agree, the number of Norwegian United fans that wants to give him time because of his passport is very annoying. The Noggie Supporter’s Club’s FB group has turned into a proper echo-chamber as well.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
We had Pogba, Martial and McTom playing that day too.

In fact, we started the season with a fit squad as we meant to go on: 1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss.

Fast forward 25 games and it's 9 wins, 8 draws, 8 losses.
The defence seems to have tightened up a bit, but we always knew we were going to be short of goals, even though Rashford is having such a good season. We knew and did nothing about it. Bruno might help, but we still need more.

Alabaster Codify7

On defence:

On midfield:

Absolute destruction mate, brilliant work - you have just single-handedly proven the ridiculous level of mental gymnastics and moving of goalposts that this lot are employing to defend a dogshit manager and terrible coaching. Well done, mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.