Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I dont think we will win anything this season. I am not being flippant. I actually dont think we are good enough attacking wise to win anything.

Like one poster says, i think Ole has taken us as far as he can.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I tried to be positive but we're going nowhere. We fluked a number of results and Brunos got us this far. 100% we'd be lower midtable without Bruno.
Most teams would be worse off without their best player too. We’re allowed to have good players.

Dan_F

I do.

Pep doesn't coach what his players do in the attacking third of the pitch and he's arguably the best coach post Fergie. And his teams face the low-block more frequently than others.
Where are you getting this from?

R'hllor

Holy shit some posts in here, guess protected accounts made for baiting other side of lunatics to be banned.

Castia

We did nothing for 40 minutes and even then they even had the better chances in the second half we were absolutely wank as usual.

You think we dominated that game? what because we passed the ball around the 35 yard line for 20 minutes?

ShinjiNinja26

I’m not calling for his head or anything at this point but I’m concerned we’re becoming a bunch of nearly men under him. Good but not good enough, can look really good in spells but ultimately bottle it when it really matters. That said he does need more backing in the transfer market cause that defence is a joke at the moment and is letting us down time and time again.

Strats

He's reached his peak. Get him out.

Unfortunately Woody nor the Glazers will have the balls to sack him now

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I do.

Pep doesn't coach what his players do in the attacking third of the pitch and he's arguably the best coach post Fergie. And his teams face the low-block more frequently than others.
You want to say that City players do what they do on their own? That is bs and you know it

Pearl's a minger

Not in the slightest bit proactive during matches,throw in constantly setting the team up as if we're playing prime Barcelona when in actual fact we're usually playing cannon fodder which other teams piss all over and that's what you get. Mentally weak team led by an equally weak manager.

binary bot
The winger situation is absurd at this point. What the feck is he trying to do?

Smores

FYI, Pep literally doesn't coach what his players are supposed to do in the attacking third of the pitch. And his teams are constantly faced with the low-block.
Whether it's Pep or his staff someone does because they have very set routines. The improvement of Sterling was because they worked on his movements.

I think you're confusing freedom in the final third with the rigid system elsewhere.

PoTMS

Out of all the managers the Glazers' give time to, they give it to the least talented manager. Thank God he lucked out on Bruno otherwise he'd have been fecked off a long time ago.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I dont think we will win anything this season. I am not being flippant. I actually dont think we are good enough attacking wise to win anything.

Like one poster says, i think Ole has taken us as far as he can.
I don't think it's flippant. I'd say this is our peak and whether it's Ole's fault or because our squad just isn't good enough... well that's the debate.

My opinion? It's a little half and half. I could see Ole challenging with a better squad but I don't expect him to be winning much with this one (mainly because we're lacking a proper DM and RW).

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I do.

So what youre saying is if we put Moyes in that City team, they will still be scoring loads of goals? doing the same things in final third? that's bollocks. You're downplaying a role of a manager and Pep's ability. Just like posters who are quick to point at the coaching staffs because "Ole doesnt train them, coaching staffs do" when the biggest resposibility falls on Ole's shoulders.

OleBoiii

You want to say that City players do what they do on their own? That is bs and you know it
Henry said so himself as a pundit. Granted that was concerning Barcelona. He may have changed his ways completely, but I don't see why.

Of course a lot of coaching is done in the other two thirds of the pitch(for obvious reasons).

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Nothing to see here, dont be disappointed. I thought things would have gotten better but we were still the same old team only with better players. We're not able to maintain title challenge. Oh well, maybe winning EL would be nice.

Dr. StrangeHate

Out of all the managers the Glazers' give time to, they give it to the least talented manager. Thank God he lucked out on Bruno otherwise he'd have been fecked off a long time ago.
He has done enough till now to stay on the job. I think he will continue to do enough to stay in the job without actually taking the final step to a CL or a PL.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Nothing to see here, dont be disappointed. I thought things would have gotten better but we were still the same old team only with better players. We're not able to maintain title challenge. Oh well, maybe winning EL would be nice.
Being serious, i dont think we will win it.

A think a good bet for the gamblers would be that we win nothing this season.

passing-wind

In games like these, where the opponent parks the bus, it's 90% down to the players if you can't win. Tactics and in-game adjustments become almost irrelevant.
:lol: that's insanity. The only way to break down an organised team is through a system. Players are not cohesive without having a confounded plan of execution from the manager. Your analogy is only logical if there's 10 outfield Messi's who through talent alone can lessen the influence of managerial preparation.

rotherham_red

I still feel that we need to see what we can do under Ole with a DM, CB and RW. Today was a poor one though.

Status
Not open for further replies.