Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
We're the only ones that tried to play football
Crikey. We were playing West Brom, not City. They were always going to play like that. And for the football we tried to play, it got us the square root of f-all. Even the goal we did score was a cross into the box, much like West Brom's.

RUCK4444

Still has a job because of Bruno Fernandes. If we had not signed that guy we would have been dead stuck in mid table. If he gets injured long term we'll sink faster than the Estonia.
I suppose he had nothing to do with signing Bruno, integrating him quickly and getting the most out of him from his first game?

Blaming managers for players playing well is a nonsense.

Our slow starts to games is one thing I’m levelling at Ole right now but again it’s not like he’s asking them to go out there and play it slowly with absolutely no intensity now is he.

mu4c_20le

Crikey. We were playing West Brom, not City. They were always going to play like that. And for the football we tried to play, it got us the square root of f-all. Even the goal we did score was a cross into the box, much like West Brom's.
So... we dominated. I didn't say we deserved to win. But only one team tried to play football.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Bar maybe two or three games in the PL we have been poor. Winning games by one nil and so on most of the time.

We have no attacking play to break down teams. We rely on individual brilliance. Like Bruno today.

I think the players are getting fed up as well, going by Brunos celebration.

I said when we beat RB five or six one, that RB were better than us as an attacking unit. We beat them because we are a counter attacking team. When teams sit back like WB and SU we dont have the attacking play to break them down.

I think if Nagglesman becomes available in the summer we have to go all out for him.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Relies to much on individual brilliance. If Pogba was fit, we would have won and people will overlook his lack of coaching ability. Top coaches do not rely on individual talents. Look at Pep with City. Even without De Bryune and Aguero, he still manage to make his team play cohesive football. I fear where we will be without Bruno and Rashford/Pogba.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I suppose he had nothing to do with signing Bruno, integrating him quickly and getting the most out of him from his first game?

Our slow starts to games is one thing I’m levelling at Ole right now but again it’s not like he’s asking them to go out there and play it slowly with absolutely no intensity now is he.
So whats he asking them to do?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If it's not the players responsibilty nor Ole's. Who's at fault then? the coaching staffs?

Unfortunately, even if the results overall have been good, most of the time we won by playing disorganized football. Save for big games where we usually look organized.

Godfather

These last minute winners had to come to an end eventually. Especially with the clueless football we play under Ole

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I hope to god he goes or we get rid in the summer. Enough of this shit. Get top 4 and then get knocked out of the CL... whats the point?

OleBoiii

In games like these, where the opponent parks the bus, it's 90% down to the players if you can't win. Tactics and in-game adjustments become almost irrelevant.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Should have started VDB or brought him at Half time. We still don't know how to beat the press. Awful performance.

2 draws, one loss and one win (against 10 men Southampton) in the last 5 matches.

Newcastle, Chelsea and City to come next. Things could get ugly by end of Feb.

TsuWave

Guy has taken us as far as he will with no tactics/coaching and just vibes.

Blood Mage

Nothing has changed. He's still one of the most clueless managers in the league and the only reason some people forgot was because Lampard and Arteta have both had even bigger trainwreck campaigns.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We won't challenge for titles under him, in my opinion. There's a chance he's taken us as far as he can.

Fred or McTominay, Maguire or Lindelof, Rashford or Martial. It was criminal not to sign a CB in summer. Keeping Henderson was a waste of time, de Gea's been given countless opportunities and I doubt he'll ever lose his spot under Solskjaer.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
So... we dominated. I didn't say we deserved to win. But only one team tried to play football.
We dominated possession. They had the better chances.
"only team that tried to play football" - ah, the thing Arsenal fans used to cling on to whenever they dropped points against weaker teams.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Top 4 is the absolute peak of his abilities . I have very little confidence in him, and the coaching staff, that we can go on and achieve greater things.

Giggsyking

So what is he doing everyday in training? How people cant see he is limited and clueless is beyond me.

Water Melon

In games like these, where the opponent parks the bus, it's 90% down to the players if you can't win. Tactics and in-game adjustments become almost irrelevant.
Nah, not at all. This is what managers and coaches are for. Otherwise, no need for them.

Lewnited

We’ve relied on individual moments of genius all season. Struggled to win nearly every game. It’s not good enough.
This is the crux of it for me as well. Regardless of who we play we always struggle, doesn't matter if it's Man City or a Championship team. Neville's said it time and time again in commentary but we win games in 10/15 minute periods, I'm still yet to see us put together 2/3 good 90 minute performances.

Even today, Bruno's goal was a low percentage chance but he's a brilliant player and pulled it off. Aside from that, how many chances did we actually create? If we have no method of sustaining attacks can we really argue that we are worth anything more than a draw in games like these? I really want to see clear improvement in our performances but I just can't.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Love Ole - always will and don't think we should be getting rid.

But my reasoning for that is more because I don't think we'd bring in anyone who could do a better job with this lot, and our owners won't want to fund a rebuild a new manager would probably demand.

I am, however, getting fecking sick of these cycles of hope and despair that Ole's tenure has included. We're so inconsistent and are undone by our lack of tactical diversity/a poor mentality. I can't see us winning anything under Ole. He's not got the killer instinct.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Don't worry, we'll drop points against Newcastle. The headlines will be that Ole is now playing for his job. Then we'll somehow beat City and Chelsea and look decent. Once we're in a position to secure top 4, we'll start losing stupid games again. The headlines will say Ole needs top 4 or his job is gone. We'll then beat Wolves with a last minute goal on the final day, make top 4, Ole keeps his job and this bullshit carries on next year.

eire-red

During December and January we were pretty solid defensively, but couldn't score. Now we're banging them in but can't defend. It's the same old story under Ole.

It's a constant cycle of boom and bust, and it can't continue like this. The start of season was terrible, then good, and now terrible again. No consistency of performance, and how we have started most games this season is criminal.

The amount of games we've conceded first is just absolutely disgraceful, and it's setting in as a deep rot that Ole can't seem to figure out. I'm sick of being built up for these false dawns under Ole. Even if we finish second it won't feel like progress at all.

Out of the CL in the group stages, and we've thrown away our best chance of a title challenge in years. 1 step forward, 2 steps back, and its the same old excuses we see week in week out.

Water Melon

Don't worry, we'll drop points against Newcastle. The headlines will be that Ole is now playing for his job. Then we'll somehow beat City and Chelsea and look decent. Once we're in a position to secure top 4, we'll start losing stupid games again. The headlines will say Ole needs top 4 or his job is gone. We'll then beat Wolves with a last minute goal on the final day, make top 4, Ole keeps his job and this bullshit carries on next year.
We are not beating City, that much is clear.

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
He's as obsessed with Martial as some are on this forum, and it's costing us points.
You mean as he was against Arsenal or Everton? Oh i almost forgot that we started cavani, greenwood and rashford and we still somehow managed to drop point. How shocking.

you’re fooling yourself If your conclusion and reason for our terrible football this season is Ole playing martial.

BlueHaze

Can you name one single player who has greatly improved since Ole came? Not a single one of them. Terrific job from him as well getting what was prob Ajax best player for £40m turning him into a shit bench warmer. A guy of his managerial calibre belongs at a club like Crystal Palace at best.

Heinzesight

Love him but being too nicey nicey with players will take this team nowhere but hovering around the top three.

Needs to be meaner...it’s pretty clear Martial is not going to be played into form. How can he not see that shit?

Fooza

This whole thing is pointless. We just basically have to rely on the upcoming window for the club to buy the top players in certain positions. Ole relies on individual brilliance most of the time, so we will hope he buys a top defender to solidify the defence, and then some more quality upfront or and a decent DM to. And then hope they do well together and become consistent.

If anyone here hopes one day we will be a well coached and drill team, good luck.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Good point, thats what i did in Winning Eleven 2000. Just buy star players, putting Beckham at RB for the crosses.

acnumber9

I don’t know how he could watch the first half performance and think, I need to wait another 20 minutes before I change this. Fred and Martial should’ve been off, but we instead waste more time. Needs to stop playing Martial until he actually earns a start.

Dr. StrangeHate

We need to fix our off days, too many and too awful.
The way the best managers at the moment do this is by having fixed patterns of play, possession and high pressing. Tbf against West Brom possession and high pressing might not count for much.

1) Patterns of play allows players to execute plays that have been drilled into them over years. They don't have to think about it and it leads to more chances. How many times have we seen City score the exact same cutback goal even on an off day.

2) Possession: The opposing team has to work harder and can't score if they don't have the ball.

3) High pressing allows them to win the ball higher up the pitch and have fewer obstacles to goal.

We rely on individual brilliance too often and it is not sustainable.

Status
Not open for further replies.