Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldTrafford99

Bailly and Tuanzebe are always injured

Phil Jones is always injured

Yet the narrative is our defenders are all fit.

Don't tell anyone this - especially those from the media - or indeed @Mainoldo

But Manchester United have had MORE defensive injuries than Liverpool this season. (IE, not only MORE individual injuries, but defenders out injured for MORE weeks than Liverpool).

Also, on top of that, and I don't think enough people understand this... but Klopp is six years into his reign and his Liverpool side is supposed to be at a peak. Whereas Solskjaer is two years into a four year rebuild... and yet is still outperforming 'peak' Liverpool this season. We went further than them in every domestic cup competition AND are well ahead of them in the league table.

Just don't tell anyone that. Please.

Reactions: VeevaVee

Olecurls99

So why do we need a new defence yet our defenders are all fit. Meanwhile the super coach has no first team CB but has conceded less goals than us?

Riddle me that Curly!
Quite simple really. Fabinho is actually a cracking centre half and has filled a large part of the Van Dijk hole.
We conceded 11 goals in our first 3 pre season games and that's making our stats look worse than they should.
Who said we needed a new defense?
And back to my original question. Why have we scored more goals than Liverpool if Klopp is such a tactical genius?
Would you like to maybe, perhaps, just a little bit, give Ole some credit?

Last edited:

Mainoldo

Bailly and Tuanzebe are always injured

Phil Jones is always injured

Yet the narrative is our defenders are all fit.
So are you confirming we have had a defensive injury crisis this season and is probably the reason why Henderson and Fabinho has been able to defend better than us?

Just would like this is writing.

Mainoldo

Quite simple really. Fabinho is actually a cracking centre half and has filled a large part of the Van Dijk hole.
We conceded 11 goals in our first 3 pre season games and that's making our stats look worse than they should.
Who said we needed a new defense?
That’s fine. A lot of people say we need a new defender to partner Maguire or Lindelof. A lot of people have blamed our defence for the Everton game and believe we cannot win a league title with our current defence.

If you are not won of those people then I apologise. I too believe our defence is good enough to win a title.

romufc

So are you confirming we have had a defensive injury crisis this season and is probably the reason why Henderson and Fabinho has been able to defend better than us?

Just would like this is writing.

I don't know what you are trying to do?

But let me help you understand football a little bit more. Defending is done by a whole team. That includes more than the CB, not sure if you are aware of that.

Also, Liverpool have conceded one less goal than us, considering your view is our manager is worst in the league, not too shaby.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That’s fine. A lot of people say we need a new defender to partner Maguire or Lindelof. A lot of people have blamed our defence for the Everton game and believe we cannot win a league title with our current defence.

If you are not won of those people then I apologise. I too believe our defence is good enough to win a title.
Individually all 4 of our defenders are great players and no one is saying otherwise. However, they lack a vocal presence in there, a leader, who can organize the defence. Most of the goals we have conceded are because our players not shouting to say if he would be taking care of it or not. And that's why people keep saying we need a defender.

Look at half the goals we've conceded - they are either because one player on the opposite flank played everyone onside, or its a cross across the face of the goal and everyone thought that the defender would take care of the ball. Coaching staff is to be blamed, make no mistake about it, but a lot more is on the players here as they're the ones who can communicate whether they've lost the man or not

justsomebloke

Don't tell anyone this - especially those from the media - or indeed @Mainoldo

But Manchester United have had MORE defensive injuries than Liverpool this season. (IE, not only MORE individual injuries, but defenders out injured for MORE weeks than Liverpool).

Also, on top of that, and I don't think enough people understand this... but Klopp is six years into his reign and his Liverpool side is supposed to be at a peak. Whereas Solskjaer is two years into a four year rebuild... and yet is still outperforming 'peak' Liverpool this season. We went further than them in every domestic cup competition AND are well ahead of them in the league table.

Just don't tell anyone that. Please.
Be fair though, that's not really comparable, is it. We've largely avoided injuries to our regular starters. If we imagine a situation similar to Liverpool's, that would be something like:

- Maguire down early and out for the rest of the season
- Lindelof ditto soon after
- Bailly in and out for long stretches
- AWB out for a couple of weeks

That would obvously be a lot worse in impact than what we've had.

That being said, I don't think either that Liverpool's D injury trouble provides an open and shut explanation for their struggles this season. Among other things because their defence seems to have worked quite well with the stopgap solutions. You could argue that having to use Henderson and Fabinho in D weakens their midfield, but they have pretty good depth in that position and haven't been fielding inferior players. I wonder if Thiago is part of the explanation, not because he's not good but maybe because it might not work well with their style to have a typical ball distributor at the back of the midfield. But these things are hard to pick apart.

Mainoldo

Individually all 4 of our defenders are great players and no one is saying otherwise. However, they lack a vocal presence in there, a leader, who can organize the defence. Most of the goals we have conceded are because our players not shouting to say if he would be taking care of it or not. And that's why people keep saying we need a defender.

Look at half the goals we've conceded - they are either because one player on the opposite flank played everyone onside, or its a cross across the face of the goal and everyone thought that the defender would take care of the ball. Coaching staff is to be blamed, make no mistake about it, but a lot more is on the players here as they're the ones who can communicate whether they've lost the man or not
I fully agree with you!!

Mainoldo

I don't know what you are trying to do?

But let me help you understand football a little bit more. Defending is done by a whole team. That includes more than the CB, not sure if you are aware of that.

Also, Liverpool have conceded one less goal than us, considering your view is our manager is worst in the league, not too shaby.
Listen a lot of my post are to point out the idiotic opinions some people have. In your case you decided to defend a foolish post with a foolish statement that our defenders haven’t been available this season. You even mentioned Phil Jones. I mean is he even registered to play this season?

You might also noticed the original fool was quick to agree with you even though it had nothing to do with what he believed in. It was just a good point to defend his original not well thought out claim.

So I appreciate you trying to respond to my tongue and check post. But it doesn’t matter it wasn’t intended for a sensible response that you ended up providing, well in the first paragraph anyway.

FatherWolff

So why do we need a new defence yet our defenders are all fit. Meanwhile the super coach has no first team CB but has conceded less goals than us?

Riddle me that Curly!
We need a new defence? And they are all fit? Think you just “riddled” yourself.

markhughes

Say what you want about Ole but he is a top bloke, just a genuinely nice guy. He is doing well currently and long may it continue. I am proud that we have a manager at the club who isn't an egomaniac and is someone who represents our club in the right way, it makes it so much easier to connect with the team.

GoldTrafford99

I see Ole Gunnar has promoted two players from the U23s to the First Team bubble for the next two months at least...

Amad Diallo
Hannibal Mejbri

This extends Ole's record as the most rewarding manager of players from Academy to First Team in the history of Premier League football...

Yet, we have a numpty or two on this thread crying that Ole doesn't promote enough youth. When the fact is, NO manager - not even Sir Alex - has ever promoted more youth team players to the first team in the space of 2.4 years of management.

No wonder other club's fans laugh at our fan base. Imagine giving out that the greatest manager ever for promoting youth doesn't promote enough youth. Laughable. And mortifying at the same time.

FatherWolff

I see Ole Gunnar has promoted two players from the U23s to the First Team bubble for the next two months at least...

Amad Diallo
Hannibal Mejbri

This extends Ole's record as the most rewarding manager of players from Academy to First Team in the history of Premier League football...

Yet, we have a numpty or two on this thread crying that Ole doesn't promote enough youth. When the fact is, NO manager - not even Sir Alex - has ever promoted more youth team players to the first team in the space of 2.4 years of management.

No wonder other club's fans laugh at our fan base. Imagine giving out that the greatest manager ever for promoting youth doesn't promote enough youth. Laughable. And mortifying at the same time.
People don’t understand what he is doing for the club. It’s a complete overhaul. And he sticks to the plan and timeframe. And you are right. We have for some time been called “Moan Utd”.

We desperately need our best fans back in the stadium. Our online fans is a disgrace!

GoldTrafford99

People don’t understand what he is doing for the club. It’s a complete overhaul. And he sticks to the plan and timeframe. And you are right. We have for some time been called “Moan Utd”.

We desperately need our best fans back in the stadium. Our online fans is a disgrace!

I guess that the world has evolved - rather rapidly - over the past few years into a totally impatient population. Social Media has made our lives and expectations immediate.

So, there's an evolutionary reason for folk being impatient at present.

But quite how exists a group of Manchester United fans who are impatient about the blooding of young players into our first team is astounding.

Surely if you chose to support Manchester United then you have to understand Manchester United.

This football club have ONLY ever been successful by building teams from the bottom up and using our own academy to supplement... Every fan should know that, understand that and appreciate that, whether they evolved to be impatient by the recent social media revolution or not...

Patience to build sustainability and impact over a long-haul is literally the heart of our club.

FatherWolff

I guess that the world has evolved - rather rapidly - over the past few years into a totally impatient population. Social Media has made our lives and expectations immediate.

So, there's an evolutionary reason for folk being impatient at present.

But quite how exists a group of Manchester United fans who are impatient about the blooding of young players into our first team is astounding.

Surely if you chose to support Manchester United then you have to understand Manchester United.

This football club have ONLY ever been successful by building teams from the bottom up and using our own academy to supplement... Every fan should know that, understand that and appreciate that, whether they evolved to be impatient by the recent social media revolution or not...

Patience to build sustainability and impact over a long-haul is literally the heart of our club.
They don’t know, or they forgot. Manchester United is true grit. It’s hard work and community. It’s all about us vs them. These new fans who identify themselves with glory, they understand nothing about the club. And it shows to the extent of embarrassment.

I have no problem with opinions or the lack of football education in posts. But this bullshit!?
Read up what you misses through experience. And if not, shut the hell up!

GoldTrafford99

They don’t know, or they forgot. Manchester United is true grit. It’s hard work and community. It’s all about us vs them. These new fans who identify themselves with glory, they understand nothing about the club. And it shows to the extent of embarrassment.

I have no problem with opinions or the lack of football education in posts. But this bullshit!?
Read up what you misses through experience. And if not, shut the hell up!

How is EVERY Manchester United fan not totally 100% behind Ole Gunnar Solskjaer right now...

I mean... this is as exciting as it gets.

Progressing season on season with a young and promising manager, with a team already existing of some of our own, one of whom is national treasure, and with an academy so shit hot right now with the best teen talent in world football that it should genuinely make you wanna drool.

Last edited:

stw2022

How is EVERY Manchester United fan not totally 100% behind Ole Gunnar Solskjaer right now...

I mean... this is as exciting as it gets.

Progressing season on season with a young and promising manager, with a team already existing of some of our own, one of whom is national treasure, and with an academy so shit hot right now with the best teen talent in world football that it should genuinely make you wanna drool.

You sound like you're trying to sell a time share. Happy clappy is only thinks it's less annoying that pessimism

FatherWolff

You sound like you're trying to sell a time share. Happy clappy is only thinks it's less annoying that pessimism
Have you read his exam for pro licence? It will tell you more than 10 years of Sky interviews. No? Didn’t think so.. And I don’t know why it is not easily accessible on Google anymore. It should be, to educate the ones who has no football experience..

Hellboy

More than 2 years in the job : shite defense, no patterns of play in attack, always relying on individual brilliance or a fluke.

Get this clown out !

Bojan11

2 wins out of 6.

Can't beat two of the leagues whipping boys and now it looks like we are getting dragged back into the top four race rather than getting away from everyone besides City. Disappointing.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I don't see the medical reports of the players, but Ole's reliance on Lindelof puzzles me. Dunno what Mason did to get dropped either.

SER19

6pts from 15 that I think most fans would have been happy to take 10 from and see where it leaves us.

An enormous collapse

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't have the energy for a debate or a moan.
Regardless of where we finish, I would get rid and bring Nagglesmann.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Nearly more disappointing than either the Sheffield United or Everton games, to me at least.

And for all that I think Solskjaer has done a decent job, the main difference I see when I look at City is that they're a superbly coached machine of a team.

There is scope for improving players but Guardiola v Solskjaer isn't much of a contest.

hungrywing

He's still managing as if he had a squad full of worldies.

Especially when not everyone in the band is a virtuoso, the other players need structure to fall back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.