Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Christ.

A draw against Chelsea and "world class manager" Tuchel and the moaners are out in full force again. Did people expect we were going to batter an in form Chelsea?
It's bizarre. They forget in their mind we should be getting battered by such a manager because apparently he'd be doing everything Solskjaer isn't.

Raven

Were people genuinely expecting us to dominate Chelsea, at Stamford Bridge? You guys crack me up.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Christ.

A draw against Chelsea and "world class manager" Tuchel and the moaners are out in full force again. Did people expect we were going to batter an in form Chelsea?
Same like is a win against mighty Newcastle a reason to talk how we are playing great attacking football, best since SAF.
Both "sides" here overreact, without a question.

Last edited:

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Our performance was nothing like Jose’s in these types of matches. In his interview at the end Tuchel spoke about having to adjust because Maguire and Lindelof were playing such a high line and we were pressing them, people don’t actually think that was akin to a Jose performance do they?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Our performance was nothing like Jose’s in these types of matches. In his interview at the end Tuchel spoke about having to adjust because Maguire and Lindelof were playing such a high line and we were pressing them, people don’t actually think that was akin to a Jose performance do they?
Yes, yes they do, apparently we played a back 6.

Ash_G

I've said before that I'm not convinced long term on Ole but I do think this one was more down to players than him. McT should be able to find a better ball in on that counter, plus a pen and then you probably say that vindicates the strategy. Likewise he can't do much about Bruno/Rashford not being at their best today.

I get why he left Rashford on, as frustrating as I find him given no one is on form in attack he's the most likely to get a goal from nothing. Only point is whether McT could have come off for VDB but then he's not exactly in form either (although don't think he's had much chance).

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Insulting another member
Same like is a win against mighty Newcastle a reason to talk how we are playing great attacking football, best since SAF.
Both "sides" here overreact, without a,questiin.
we are the second best team in the league this year. Ole is currently the best manager in the league apart from Pep Guardiola. That’s factually based and he’s made us better. You point that out and knobs like you kick off.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Both "sides" here overreact, without a,questiin.
Think it is the disappointment of that non-penalty. If we had scored that, then Chelsea would have had to go for it and could left themselves vulnerable. We had chances, but quite often the final ball lets us down. Ole seems to know that. It will then be down to him to put it right in the summer.

Steve 007

We are 12 points better off after 26 games than last season. Let’s not forget how much money Chelsea spent in the summer, £222million and if I’m not wrong we spent £82 million, if memory serves me right then it be was a point between us last season.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Is not about the players, its about the approach. Unless you think we don't have the quality to score a single goal against the top 6 all seasons.
we scored three against a team who are top six in the league literally three games ago and scored two against the third place team a month ago.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
The thing is we weren’t very good today, but making things up like that makes it seem like people have an agenda.
Agreed, there was a lot wrong with today, namely being how our attack didn't click but outright lying is really frustrating.

SAFMUTD

we scored three against a team who are top six in the league literally three games ago and scored two against the third place team a month ago.
You know what everyone means by top 6, don't play the smart guy card here.

Leftback99

Is not about the players, its about the approach. Unless you think we don't have the quality to score a single goal against the top 6 all seasons.
The approach of the opposition in these games has been to play very defensive against us compared to their usual game. It's hard to break down. They play that way because they fear us.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
we are the second best team in the league this year. Ole is currently the best manager in the league apart from Pep Guardiola. That’s factually based and he’s made us better. You point that out and knobs like you kick off.
Sure he is. We must offer him new contract this week. Big clubs will come knocking soon.

Hellboy

These are moral trophies. :lol: No one gives a shit who finished 2nd in a one horse race title. No one will give a shit about the "2nd best team in England" when the gap between the first and second is 12 points. No one gave a shit about this when we finished 2nd 19 points away from City few years ago, and no one cared about City last season when they finished 2nd 18 points away from Liverpool. These only get any kind of importance when you're actually challenging for the league, we're not. It's a one horse race so yeah, 2nd from 4th in this situation doesn't matter except boosting some egos here. Neither us nor Leicester, Chelsea or whatever are challenging City. No one will care for us or them.

We have lost 5 points against the two teams at the bottom of the league and 2 points against Everton when we were leading 2-0 at half time. Get these 7 points and we would be 5 points away from first spot and a possibility of title challenge would still be on.

It's our responsibility that the gap reached 12 points. We aren't at 12 points gap just because City won 14 games in a row. We're where we're because we fecked up in very easy games. We have ourselves to blame.

United has a good enough squad and team to challenge for the league and we were showing that till we fecked up once we actually found ourselves leading the league.
Spot on

Jezpeza

I love that some of our fans didnt see best of the rest as our maximum for the league this year post summer transfer window and then cry about us ‘losing ground in the title race’ as if we were ever in it

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
A draw at SB is always a good result. Hell, I'd say we played pretty well, and tried more to win the game than they did. Our CBs were quite often in Chelsea's half and if the game would have gone on, I'd have put money on us winning the game

SAFMUTD

Hopefully we are preparing a huge contract to blind him, top clubs are definitely coming for him in the summer. :wenger:

Dinghy

The approach of the opposition in these games has been to play very defensive against us compared to their usual game. It's hard to break down. They play that way because they fear us.
We've blitzed teams that open themselves up too much and all the teams are aware of it, but our group of moaning fans funnily enough aren't.

Hellboy

Were people genuinely expecting us to dominate Chelsea, at Stamford Bridge? You guys crack me up.
We expect the manager to be more reactive and try to win the game because they were there for the taking

Made his first and only sub in minute 78 or something, takes off our only goal threath

How could Scott McT and Dan James play the full game ? James probably lost the ball more times than he completed passes

He‘s a clueless tactician

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
The big teams aren't leaving us spaces to counter attack anymore while our possession play - especially when building from the back - isn't great. I don't expect our 'top 6' record to change anytime soon unless we materially improve at holding and moving the ball to create our own openings or our opponents start playing how we want them to play again.

Not holding my breath ngl.

Leftback99

Do you seriously think its because they fear us?
I don't know, just trying to make sense of it. They can't score against us. Why don't they go all out for the win if its so easy against our useless manager?

Perhaps they don't want to leave space where our strength lies?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We expect the manager to be more reactive and try to win the game because they were there for the taking

Made his first and only sub in minute 78 or something, takes off our only goal threath

How could Scott McT and Dan James play the full game ? James probably lost the ball more times than he completed passes

He‘s a clueless tactician
Who would you have fetched on? Martial came on, our only other senior attacker, he left Van De Beek who he doesn’t seem to rate, and a teenager on the bench. If we had Pogba and Cavani sat there people might agree, we didn’t though.

TsuWave

People jump in this thread and complaint about the "moaners" as if United fans shouldn't want or expect to win

SAFMUTD

I don't know, just trying to make sense of it. They can't score against us. Why don't they go all out for the win if its so easy against our useless manager?

Perhaps they don't want to leave space where our strength lies?
Useless manager? I said defensive. They can't score because we have defended well at the expense of sacrificing almost all our attack.

Leftback99

Useless manager? I said defensive. They can't score because we have defended well at the expense of sacrificing almost all our attack.
I bet there are similar posts on Chelsea forums complaining that Tuchel was too defensive.

SAFMUTD

I bet there are similar posts on Chelsea forums complaining that Tuchel was too defensive.
The difference being this is not a critique for this game only, it's being all season. We've played for the draw against every team from the top 6 since the Spurs spank.

I genuinely think Ole is scared that we might lose the same way we did against Spurs so he rather go out and settle for the 0-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.