Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regulus you can't remove those 17 last games of Mourinho, wind the clock back and claim Ole took over a 2nd place team.
I’m not, I’ve just said to you that that squad that he took over got Ole a 57% win rate over 21 games that very season, so it clearly wasn’t that shit.

Let’s remember this discussion started because you claim led the following “Post Ferguson he inherited the worst squad, the worst first XI.

He absolutely didn’t, by any metric. LVG clearly left behind a worse squad and worse first 11.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Pathetic subs, the guy is a moron.

Small time mentality. Played that game with a 2-8 formation because he didn't know what to do.

slored1

Hopefully some journo asks him what the feck were these subs. Pathetic to throw out our only outlets.

dove

Yet another shambolic performance and most importantly, yet another set piece goal conceded. How many times now did Ole watch us concede set piece goals? You can argue about a lot of things but set pieces are 100% coaching issue, you don't need a world class XI to be decent defending those. Whoever is responsible for that is doing a shit job.

FujiVice

We dont need to see this fecker grinning after every poor result. Seriously, man.

AgentSmith

His in-game management has got progressively poorer over time.

Baffling decisions which inevitably make things worse on the pitch.

What the actual feck were those subs. The man won't make a sub when we're drawing 1-1 against West Brom but will throw Brandon Williams in at right back when we're defending a crucial home clean sheet against one of the best teams in Europe. Shambolic

Ludens the Red

What the feck were those subs about honestly :lol:
It was so obviously NOT going to work. You’re essentially telling your own team and the opposition you’re not going to bother attacking with still 15 minutes left to play.

Anyway, just like his predecessors, pragmatic and risk adverse. He’s over a decade into his management. This is who he is.

Romez

Coward.

Parking the bus for the last 15 minutes is a joke.

Last 5 I can understand but FIFTEEN?! at Home?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I feel like he’s reading a text book....1-0 up in a home leg of a European tie. Bring off two forward players and bring on two defenders.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Bar the city match hes got more wrong than right for a good few weeks now. So, so defensive, at home to Milan’s B team. We’ve played some terrible football, I don’t expect us to win every week but if I’m going to sit down twice a week to watch id like to see some entertainment.

luke511

Those 3 subs at the 75th minute fecked the team shape, was all AC Milan after this point.

el3mel

Guy doesn't know how to manage a game. His subs are outright bad, bad in their timing and their choices.

DickDastardly

We need to upgrade on Ole asap.

Our weak mentality comes from the coach.

Starting the games without any tenacity, conceding stoppage time goals....all weaknesses of the mind.

And all of it stems from him.

Dan_F

I can understand wanting to rest Bruno, but no idea what the thinking was behind changing the shape completely. Just take Bruno off and play a three in midfield.

Godfather

Not sure whether he is a coward or whether he realises that he has no idea what he is doing so throws in all defenders he has got to defend leads.

His jn game management isnt even the worst though. Our whole football stinks. How we aren't able to string two passes together is beyond me. I hate this football under Ole. It's become unbearable. Whether that's on him or one of our great coaches that got their jobs because they played for us at some time in the past I don't know. But it doesn't matter. I want them all out and get a proper manager and coaches in.

Giggsyking

I don't know how people cant see it? It's obviuos and clear. This will go on for as long as he is here, and by then it will be too late and many of our players will be passed their prime.

Leg-End

It's been said numerous times but for a player that lived on being a super sub he's absolutely shit at making them as a manager.

Shark

@NotShark
If we get top four I guess he'll deserve another season but you've got to seriously wonder how we've managed to look so tumescent for the majority of the season. We cannot hold onto the ball for more than two minutes and attacking play is full of hit and run routines. Does anyone here truly believe this side can't produce better football?

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Not sure whether he is a coward or whether he realises that he has no idea what he is doing so throws in all defenders he has got to defend leads.

His jn game management isnt even the worst though. Our whole football stinks. How we aren't able to string two passes together is beyond me. I hate this football under Ole. It's become unbearable. Whether that's on him or one of our great coaches that got their jobs because they played for us at some time in the past I don't know. But it doesn't matter. I want them all out and get a proper manager and coaches in.
You’ll be waiting a long, long, long time for that. Ole has Ed’s full backing and until we get the right players then we’ll see if he’s up to the task or not.

Sylar

Those 3 subs at the 75th minute fecked the team shape, was all AC Milan after this point.
It was kinda all Milan before that too. We werent that good overall, and we lacked options for making changes. Bruno and James i feel had to come off. Martial going off at half time didnt help either.

I can see what Ole was trying today with moving Telles up, Shaw behind and Williams on the right. The problem was we werent keeping the ball (and we werent doing it before the subs). That goal was coming and we needed the changes. The annoying thing is, the goal was conceded from the corner, but our inability to keep the ball cost us. Like it did against Everton.

Paul_Scholes18

Strange subs, but I can understand him.

Should keep Bruno on and rest him in the league if tired.

Europe is first priority in my opinion!

Godfather

You’ll be waiting a long, long, long time for that. Ole has Ed’s full backing and until we get the right players then we’ll see if he’s up to the task or not.
I know because the way this club is run is a fecking job. Doesn't change my feelings though. He has no clue what he is doing and it has feck all to do with the players at his proposal.

dove

Honestly, does anyone seriously believe we can win anything with Ole in charge? To me he is so out of his depth its ridiculous.

laughtersassassin

His subs in games are always baffling. Both when looking to score and when defending a lead.

If we get knocked out of this by a lesser team again I don't see how he can be defended.

We are developing a clear pattern of bottling cup games.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Honestly, does anyone seriously believe we can win anything with Ole in charge? To me he is so out of his depth its ridiculous.
All we need is for him to make a few more 50 million plus signings and for the world to be covid free. Then and only then can we judge him.

FatherWolff

Insulting another member
I say this from the bottom of my heart! Feck off!

RashyForPM

I like doing this after every game to take a look at Ole’s in-game management in that particular game, and today, we ended the game with:

Dean
Williams Bailly Maguire Shaw Telles
McT Matic Fred
Diallo
Greenwood

He played a 5-3-1-1 with 3 defensive midfielders for the last 20 minutes, as if this defence would hold out like the Milan back 4 throughout the 90s and 00s. I know his management relies more on emotional activation and motivation than tactics, but that is so misguided that it’s embarrassing. Once he did that, I knew we would concede, my mate I was messaging knew we would concede and everyone on this forum knew we would concede.

We need a manager who actually has a clue in terms of how his team should play football. I was desperate for Pochettino, with his positional play and high-intensity pressing. With Ole, it’s like he only has two ‘tactics’ - attack or defend.

SAFMUTD

I can't remember a coach with a poorer record on subs, I mean he either doesn't make them or make them to shit the bed.

Surely they can't be worst? I mean what the feck were those subs today?

PoTMS

How does his luck never run out? How he managed to pull a win against City is beyond me as he is quite obviously out of his depth. If we had an inch of ambition like Chelsea did. Anyway, he's here to stay for at least the next few years and we will remain average, neither terrible or winning anything of note. And everyone except the fans (well, most of them) are content with that.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

The mentality the team was sent out with tonight looked off, and not how we should approach these kind of games where we are favourites.

I don't know if it's because we are playing some first teamers who are tired and have to save some energy or whatever, but it's not a good look. Milan cut through us constantly, and we just stood there taking it. When in possession it was almost like we we're happy to give the ball back to them.

I'm a fan, but today was bit of a let down imo.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Given our injuries I can understand Ole trying to save players' legs. We need to win against West Ham who are no slouches. However, nobody fears us when we take Bruno off. It just lets them advance and besiege us. Going 5-3-2 made us no more secure than we had been before. We became a non-event as an attacking force and defensively we were as shaky as ever. He rolled the dice, he lost. You get why but now we have pretty much one leg out of Europe. We've set Milan up for another away goals passage to the next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.