Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
:rolleyes:

You should write reactionary venting in a diary or something.

I just Call it as I see it.

His moronic subs cost us. Bring on a crap load of defenders which completely ruined our shape and invited constant pressure. Anybody with a shred of common sense could see that happening.

FatherWolff

It was kinda all Milan before that too. We werent that good overall, and we lacked options for making changes. Bruno and James i feel had to come off. Martial going off at half time didnt help either.

I can see what Ole was trying today with moving Telles up, Shaw behind and Williams on the right. The problem was we werent keeping the ball (and we werent doing it before the subs). That goal was coming and we needed the changes. The annoying thing is, the goal was conceded from the corner, but our inability to keep the ball cost us. Like it did against Everton.
Good post mate, Good post! What Milan has been good at this season is second balls and transitions. But I guess another draw will bring out the troll experts..

Red00012

His interviews are getting harder and harder to listen to , he comes on smiling and then says we always knew it was going to go to 2 legs :houllier:

Foxbatt

How does his luck never run out? How he managed to pull a win against City is beyond me as he is quite obviously out of his depth. If we had an inch of ambition like Chelsea did. Anyway, he's here to stay for at least the next few years and we will remain average, neither terrible or winning anything of note. And everyone except the fans (well, most of them) are content with that.
Because many of them are not real United fans but fans of Ole Gunnar. Just like Jose's fans disappeared when he left, these will disappear too when he leaves.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
How's it Oles fault that we didn't have any fit attackers / forwards?

Rashford, Pogba, Mata, Donny, Cavani all injured and Martial also goes off at HT.

Not a great deal different Ole could have done 2nd half other than leave the likes of Bruno on for 90 mins. And then people moan he never gets rested. Can't win.

dove

Because many of them are not real United fans but fans of Ole Gunnar. Just like Jose's fans disappeared when he left, these will disappear too when he leaves.
At least Jose's fans still get to enjoy PL football, feel sorry for Ole fans who will have to go down quite a few levels below.

Foxbatt

Did we lose?
don't you know that this is European knock out stages and the away goal counts double if the aggregates are equal after the second leg? It means we have to score two goals in Milan at least even if we do not win in Milan.

Sylar

Good post mate, Good post! What Milan has been good at this season is second balls and transitions. But I guess another draw will bring out the troll experts..
Thanks. I honestly would have criticised Ole if he didnt make the subs as we could see what was happening in the game. They were on top, and we needed some changes. The problem was we didnt have an outlet to bring on or keep up top.
Matic was having a poor game with the ball. McT wasnt having the best of games. Fred needed to come on, the issue is hes not good at keeping the ball but we were hoping he could cut out space. To an extent he did that.

We desperately need somebody in the middle who can keep the ball. We did miss Pogba there.

His interviews are getting harder and harder to listen to , he comes on smiling and then says we always knew it was going to go to 2 legs :houllier:
I never get the issue with him smiling, as thats his character. Im the same, I smile in the most awkward situations. When I was younger and getting told off, i would be smiling. When my GF has a go at me for forgetting something, ill just smile and she wont have a clue whats happening. Oles always been a 'smiler' so its a non issue.
The alternative is him putting on an angry face?

Whats more important is what he says and what he does.

Anyway hopefully we will have Rashford back for the second leg. That will make a huge difference to how we play in terms of stretching them. They dont have to come onto us as much now, but im confident we will score there.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I was fearing for the mental health of all his haters after City game. Good to see all you guys catch a break today.

Foxbatt

Rashford, Pogba, Mata, Donny, Cavani all injured and Martial also goes off at HT.

Not a great deal different Ole could have done 2nd half other than leave the likes of Bruno on for 90 mins. And then people moan he never gets rested. Can't win.
Half their team is injured too.

FatherWolff

If the guy with university degree on sports science told me to feck off, I think I better should!
And who has followed the Italian league since 1984, and trained there. Yea you should. But my guess you do not have that self indulgence..

Godfather

Half their team was missing too and they played way better than we did.

Manncunian

If the guy with university degree on sports science told me to feck off, I think I better should!
I thought he was the author of SAFs biography, and lifelong friend of his too?

He’s also claimed to have all his coaching badges completed.

Quite the footballing genius.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

Yeah people complaining about subs but ignoring the state of the bench. Our most experienced forward of the front 3 was Dan James. We're in trouble if these injuries don't clear up soon.

FatherWolff

At least Jose's fans still get to enjoy PL football, feel sorry for Ole fans who will have to go down quite a few levels below.
Thank you! Have a good week! This is where we are at, as Utd. Fans.. Feckin embarrassing... I’m off, to a place where fans don’t share a brain with nothingness..

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Half their team is injured too.
I know. However I'm talking about people having a go at his subs. What else could he have done? Shoretire?

Ole outers just want to blame him for everything. The team we had to choose from tonight was pretty decimated.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I was fearing for the mental health of all his haters after City game. Good to see all you guys catch a break today.
This is such a dumb cliche’d comment. Nobody wants to see the club doing badly. Nobody is a “hater” we all just want the best for the club. If Ole had shown that he could get results consistently over his 2 years id have more faith in him. The truth is he’s very inconsistent. Supporting United these last 2 years is more up/down than a rollercoaster. I can’t see him getting us enough consistency to ever get back to where we need to be. His use of subs honestly baffles me at times.

Rojofiam

don't you know that this is European knock out stages and the away goal counts double if the aggregates are equal after the second leg? It means we have to score two goals in Milan at least even if we do not win in Milan.
1-0 will do, we don't technically have to score 2.

Sarni

We are in poor form since mid Jan lad. Questioning isn't hating.
Yeah we were awful today but were still 1 minute away from getting a very favorable score and largely kept Milan quiet for most of the game. We can get the job done in second leg, it's definitely far from over.

I really want us to get some quality attacking players in the Summer though as I don't think we are going to be much better to watch than this without solid investment unless we see massive progress from the likes of Amad and Greenwood.

Gazza

The substitutions thing is baffling considering Ole had a bit of a rep for being able to read a game from the bench when he was a player.

mu4c_20le

The substitutions thing is baffling considering Ole had a bit of a rep for being able to read a game from the bench when he was a player.
Maybe thats why he is good at turning things around and coming from behind than seeing games out defensively

Roboc7

Normally I’d be critical of his subs but he has to rotate and with a few injuries options are limited. Game management isn’t his strong point at best of times.

AshRK

What is this jose fan, ole fan. Adds nothing to the discussion.

Foxbatt

I know. However I'm talking about people having a go at his subs. What else could he have done? Shoretire?

Ole outers just want to blame him for everything. The team we had to choose from tonight was pretty decimated.
It is not his subs alone. We were terrible all along. With this lot anyone decent should be able to get the players to pass better and move better. This is not a championship side.

Sarni

This is such a dumb cliche’d comment. Nobody wants to see the club doing badly. Nobody is a “hater” we all just want the best for the club. If Ole had shown that he could get results consistently over his 2 years id have more faith in him. The truth is he’s very inconsistent. Supporting United these last 2 years is more up/down than a rollercoaster. I can’t see him getting us enough consistency to ever get back to where we need to be. His use of subs honestly baffles me at times.
At this point this thread has basically become a joy parade of his haters coming here within 10 minutes after any bad/average performance. Was nice when it was so quiet here on Sunday.

Sarni

Yeah people complaining about subs but ignoring the state of the bench. Our most experienced forward of the front 3 was Dan James. We're in trouble if these injuries don't clear up soon.
Yeah the quality just isn't there. Even with all players healthy our front 4 is pretty average. With injuries to Rashford, Martial and Cavani it becomes dire.

If we don't get at least 2 good offensive players in the Summer it won't improve next year.

edgecutter

At this point this thread has basically become a joy parade of his haters coming here within 10 minutes after any bad/average performance. Was nice when it was so quiet here on Sunday.
You can always ignore this thread, but you can't ignore that the performances since Christmas have been well below par.

reddevil702

Same story, different game with Ole. He's done well to steady the ship after Jose's final year but this is as far as we'll go under him. Occasional big win, even though the performance wasn't great but overall too inconsistent to win anything. Need a manager to instill tactics that don't just rely on counter attacking.

Sarni

Had one too many?

Of course he gets some extra rope because hes a United legend (as he should) but there is no such thing as an "Ole fan"
Yeah honestly doubt there's a single fan on here who supports the team because Ole is manager. May have been the case under Jose or even van Gaal who have managed to accumulate some fans during their good times but I somehow doubt anyone decides to support United because of Ole.

AshRK

It is not his subs alone. We were terrible all along. With this lot anyone decent should be able to get the players to pass better and move better. This is not a championship side.
Ac milan are no mugs themselves though. Yes we were poor and manager/players deserve blame but some here act as if Milan are a shit side. They are a good side.

Status
Not open for further replies.