Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KungfuCantona66

Supports
Give it to Giggseh till...
I have literally been watching this same performance for the past 3 years now. No cohesion, shape, tactics, in game strategy. "Let's hope a superstar bails us out" has been the game plan for the past few years. What does it say when rival fans were celebrating his contract extension? Would Everton, West Ham, Arsenal take him? Small club mentality by renewing his contract. Needs to go ASAP. All of you who will complain about Conte's style of football? Have you watched us over the past few years? What is our style besides counter attacking and relying on Bruno?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Well, we pushed Villa to play with best side against us. Or something.
They lose their best player to City whilst we sign Varane, Sancho and Ronaldo and they prime Barcelona us.

Ole's a million levels below Dean, nevermind Pep and Klopp.

izec

We play the exact same in every match and we're shite in nearly every match. I can't understand how nothing has changed in nearly two seasons. Personnel has changed, but there is pretty much no fecking difference to when we had Pereira starting in centre mid in terms of how the team plays football on the pitch. The amount of times that exact game happened but we got lucky last season is incredible.
People like scapegoats. Everyone is at fault, except Ole. We have changed everything football wise, except our League One manager

Romez

He's done a decent job up until now but with the squad and players we have there really isn't any excuses anymore.

mu4c_20le

No playing patterns. Hoping for counter attack goal at home is shameful for united manager.

Second game in the row when united just created 1 big chance.
What game were you watching? We created plenty in the second half.

fergies coat

He's done a decent job, and we are in a better position than when he came in, but I think everyone knew deep down he wasn't good enough, if we want to take the next step he needs to go. He has took us as far as he can.

To the posters who take it to far and call Ole all types of ridiculous names you can feck off. He's done his best and he's still a legend, so let's show a little respect shall we.

Womp

idiot
He's our Lampard. Not bad enough to really be sacked, nowhere near good enough to get us winning major trophies. Only difference is this club is far more sentimental and clueless than Chelsea

Revan

Assumptionman
Perfect. In Europa, and out of title race by then.

We deserve whatever we get from now on. If it was not clear for the last 2.5 years that Ole is at best case, a very bad manager, it won't get clearer from now on.

fecking done with these idiots in charge who have made this club a joke in the last 8 years.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
The quicker United get rid of Ole the better for the Club. Just because Pep, Zidane succeeded does not mean everyone is going to be successful. Ole is not even good enough for Malmo.

SirAF

Ageist
He's our Lampard. Not bad enough to really be sacked, nowhere near good enough to get us winning major trophies. Only difference is this club is far more sentimental and clueless than Chelsea
That has been my main concern since PSG.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I'm now of the opinion he won't deliver big trophies. You can't sign Ronaldo and not have a game plan. I don't see many immediate alternatives and he deserves respect for what he has done but I now accept he has taken the team as far as he can.

marktan

He's a goner, I knew it when he signed Ronaldo and Sancho. Good names but really not the players we need at all.

We needed a ball playing DM, a dynamic dribbling winger/wide forward, and an attacking RB. What did we get? None of them. We spunked £70m on Sancho who plays like Bruno and Pogba and signed Ronaldo who whilst is useful is basically what we already have in Cavani.

He has the right intentions for United but he just doesn't have anything in him that screams of being a top coach.

Mickson

At this stage, I think that I hate him as much as I ever hated Moyes. And boy, oh boy, I fecking despised Moyes.

A total and utter fraud. When he will inevitably get sacked (the sooner the better if we don't want another wasted season), he won't ever manage again in a top league.

At least Moyes had the excuse of an aging team. Ole has no excuse at all, he is just fecking awful.
He's incredible shit as a coach and is incredibly lucky. The strangest thing is how many (seem to be English) supporters he has. How everyone can't see how underwhelming we play, it's very strange. He would get fired at any other club and the fans would demand it too. We're lost.

keithsingleton

Thanks for getting us some good players. Now let someone coach them that knows how
Spot on. Ole fcuking clueless how to adapt/change his side against opposition play. We have a team now thanks to Ole that are under achieving. Unfortunately powers that be don't see it that way.

I'm sorry.... OLE OUT OUT OUT.

izec

We could have an all star eleven and would still lose to Young Boys and Villa, because Ole tells them to go out and enjoy themselves instead of motivating and coaching them to be machines

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is tactically awful. Having top star players and he still decides to play with two dmc to protect what? Top class defence.
Only thing which he knows is to set team deep and wait for simple counter.

We are wasting this team under him. And sad part is that we will wait with sack until all trophies are gone.

Red Stone

He's been absolutely brilliant in every aspect of the job bar getting the team to perform well against all kinds of opposition on the pitch. Sadly, that one bit is a pretty bloody big deal in football management. He keeps getting outsmarted by mediocrity and there's not even a hint shown that he's improving in that regard. As much as I want him to succeed, I just can't see it happening. Faith officially lost.

RepardReece

Agree. He's signed some good players, seems to have built a good team, but now we need a manager like Tuchel who knows how to steer them in the right direction.

The-Natural

Anyone who watched that game and didn't think that it was totally and utterly unacceptable needs to go watch another sport. He has done some good things but there is no getting better from here. We need to face up to that and make the hard but necessary decision for the future success of the club.

Tony247

Always play safe. Just doesn't have balls to take bold decisions or have intelligence to take right decisions at right time.

Making a living as a coach just because he is ex united player and legend

El Zoido

If we’re insistent on keeping him can we get him a better coach? There’s no structure to our play at all.

OneUnited24

I think I’m done now. Our team is so unorganised and poor in possession that he has to be accountable. I gave him some slack last season because of McFred but you keep persisting with it. I mean against villa you go with that! Put Pogba in midfield and drop Fred. Then have Sancho and Greenwood on the wings.

I hate to call him this but he’s a coward. Will never play without McFred because he knows that will give enough energy to mask our poor positioning and ability to string passes together.

He’s done a good job overall but he’s taken us as far as he can. Today was painful

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He's the person we wanted Van Gaal to be. I think this will be his last season if he fails to challenge for the league and rightly so. Or, stop being stubborn and get better coaches. Stop relying on Carra and Kenna lads.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I wasn't all too displeased with the first half. Yes, we laboured at times but I didn't see anything to suggest a second half collapse. I'd love to know what he said at half time. Two injuries does affect your ability to change things and, to some extent, I can accept losing Shaw is massive given how much of our build up goes down the left. However, we can have no arguments about losing today. Ole throwing Cavani on when we were struggling to get balls into the box was an interesting move. Just felt like he was getting as many attackers on and hoping. Not good today.

Robbie Boy

I'm now of the opinion he won't deliver big trophies. You can't sign Ronaldo and not have a game plan. I don't see many immediate alternatives and he deserves respect for what he has done but I now accept he has taken the team as far as he can.
Fair play.

NK86

Everyone knows he should never have got the job full time in the first place.
Sack him and the entire coaching staff. Though I bet we will see nothing like that. We will meander towards 4th. Some of our players through their sheer brilliance and inherent quality will win us some matches and the Board will think that's enough.
Old Trafford used to be a fortress. Now any team can come and absolutely whack us. What a shambles!

Eriku

People can say wait till december or it's just game 5 but for a man of such an under qualified CV and having failed to deliver any cup here when the chance came, this is the pressure he should be facing
Sure, after this kind of a run. But he’s had this pressure more or less constantly.

Today was not good, but the players were awful at times. The amount of 5 yard passes that were misplaced, the amount of times DDG and Maguire got us in trouble (DDG had some great saves too). Fernandes neverminding skill and blasting it over, and Greenwood having no clue where his teammates are the moment he’s in the final third.

Still, starting to worry a little bit for project Ole, but I wouldn’t want to throw him out yet.

Just a note, Chelsea just lost at home to City, failing to register a single shot on or off target.

Status
Not open for further replies.