Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DutchCruijff

Utter joke this fanbase.
The only joke is folk thinking he deserves more time.

2nd place and gradual improvement, multiple semi finals and a final
Any trophies for reaching "multiple SFs and a F"?

Squad in a much better place than ever before and some reason because of 1 loss we’re in free fall.Jesus wept.
Young Boys? West Ham in the League Cup?

Hanging on for dear life vs Southampton and Wolves?

Don't twist thing as if it is just about this one game. It has been a string of lacklustre performances, 0 trophies and poor results.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
We lose - new manager needed!

Utter joke this fanbase.

Squad in a much better place than ever before and some reason because of 1 loss we’re in free fall.

Jesus wept.

If Bruno had scored and if Villa’s goal been ruled out for offside, it’ll be a different story. Ole was fuming after the goal, but of course no one pays attention to that.
Wonderful post!

el3mel

Yeah if VAR had interfered and called this goal off, we would have drawn 0-0, fantastic result for Manchester United everyone !! Especially against a tough team like Villa and at Old Trafford. I would have taken the point personally. Feck VAR.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Yeah if VAR had interfered and called this goal off, we would have drawn 0-0, fantastic result for Manchester United everyone !! Especially against a tough team like Villa and at Old Trafford. I would have taken the point personally. Feck VAR.
Would snap your hands off for a point vs Villa even if you gave me the option before the match.

JG3001

Utter joke this fanbase.

Squad in a much better place than ever before and some reason because of 1 loss we’re in free fall.

Jesus wept.

If Bruno had scored and if Villa’s goal been ruled out for offside, it’ll be a different story. Ole was fuming after the goal, but of course no one pays attention to that.
Most people who want him sacked have been in that boat for well over a year now. Stop claiming it’s knee jerk reactions.

The guy has taken this team as far as he can, cheers for the rebuild Ole, but now we need a proper manager to get over the final hurdle.

Your last paragraph is embarrassing, if my aunty had bollocks, she would be my uncle.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
See? Exactly. If it wasn't for this, we would have won comfortably, probably 4-0 or something. We were coasting all game until refs ruined it.
:o Some posters do come across funny when they do this. Unfortunately you are not one of them.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
But you do agree that Ole came second with that midfield, right?
That second place is always repeated in his defence. Mourinho finished second with more points, weaker squad and won trophies. By that standard we should have give Jose at least 5 more years

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Utter joke this fanbase.

Jesus wept.

Seriously; do you support United or Ole? Your denial is amazing now

Womp

idiot

Utter joke this fanbase.

Jesus wept.

Gotta give it to ya, you really are going to go down swinging

dove

:o Some posters do come across funny when they do this. Unfortunately you are not one of them.
Huh? Not trying to be funny. Apparently criticising our brilliant coaching staff gets you banned here so I guess I have to praise them.

spiriticon

That second place is always repeated in his defence. Mourinho finished second with more points, weaker squad and won trophies. By that standard we should have give Jose at least 5 more years
We probably would have given him 5 years, had he not fecked off the board, Ed Woodward and pretty much all the playing squad

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He has done whatever he can, it isn't enough. I hope we stop this slow death and pull the trigger. There is no shame in that, he has done good job is reshaping the squad. I feel he isn't good enough to take us to the next level.

croadyman

I'm having second hand embarrassment for United fans like @UnitedSofa. We're turning into Arsenal.
He is someone who clearly was happy to put up with that hideous December 2015 under LVG when we lost against Norwich at home and also away to Stoke & Bournemouth as well

Sviken

We probably would have given him 5 years, had he not fecked off the board, Ed Woodward and pretty much all the playing squad
Mourinho would have won with this squad, I'm absolutely certain of that. Problem is he is sometimes his own worst enemy. He started getting pissed off at the board too much, he wasn't being a good puppet who is just happy to be here like good ol' Ole.

NK86

He has done whatever he can, it isn't enough. I hope we stop this slow death and pull the trigger. There is no shame in that, he has done good job is reshaping the squad. I feel he isn't good enough to take us to the next level.
Don't say that. His fans on here won't like hearing anything against their fav manager.

Giggsyking

Utter joke this fanbase.

Jesus wept.

What final? This final is a result of a failure in the main competition. We should be ashamed playing in this competition. I will not accept the mediocrity of the manager to take over the ambitions needed at this prestigious club, because I feel some of the fans is turning into Ole in terms of ambitions.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
SAF became a success because club backed him and gave him time. Ole will become as good as SAF, we just needs to give him more time to learn coaching and buy 2-3 more world class players for him.
Needing two or three more world-class players, in addition to the many we have already, only highlights Ole's limitations as a manager.

If he can't get a team containing a rejuvenated DDG, Shaw, Maguire, Varane, Bruno, Pogba, Cavani, Sancho and Ronaldo - all of which would be considered world-class or thereabouts - to outperform the likes of West Ham Young Boys and Villa, then serious questions have to be asked.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
What final? This final is a result of a failure in the main competition. We should be ashamed playing in this competition. I will not accept the mediocrity of the manager to take over the ambitions needed at this prestigious club, because I feel some of the fans is turning into Ole in terms of ambitions.
Also people saying about the missed penalty. If Ole had been brave we could have won that game before it ever got to penalties.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Seriously; do you support United or Ole? Your denial is amazing now
I support Man Utd through and through, through the rough and the smooth. That includes supporting the manager when things get tough, that includes supporting all of our players, regardless of ability.

Not getting the hump each time we lose and call for another manager. It’s fecking tiresome, each time I come on here after a loss it’s people frothing at the mouth for the next new shiny toy of a manager. It’s a joke. Support the team AND the manager.

What makes things worse is that this thread barely moves when we win.

I will continue to support Man Utd throughout the season and beyond. Even when we lose.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Ohh no, we lost at home to Villa after a single, contentious var decision. Poor Ole.

Guess not scoring a few goals with how open Villa were, and how good the attacking players we have, was also on VAR.

Robbie Boy

Utter joke this fanbase.

Jesus wept.

Christ.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Needing two or three more world-class players, in addition to the many we have already, only highlights Ole's limitations as a manager.

If he can't get a team containing a rejuvenated DDG, Shaw, Maguire, Varane, Bruno, Pogba, Cavani, Sancho and Ronaldo - all of which would be considered world-class or thereabouts - to outperform the likes of West Ham Young Boys and Villa, then serious questions have to be asked.
Think he is being sarcastic.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
See the goal from another angle. Watkins is NOT blocking the view of De Gea.
I’m pretty sure it actually doesn’t matter if he’s blocking the view or not? His presence right in front of the keeper makes him offside (think about it logically if De Gea makes the save he has to consider the actions of the player in front of him). I might be wrong though and some smarty pants who can quote the law might prove me wrong.

Regardless we shouldn’t need VAR to bail us out.

NK86

See the goal from another angle. Watkins is NOT blocking the view of De Gea.
He may not be blocking his "view", but he is blocking his movement and he is offside, so that definitely should be chalked off.
Anyway, even without that goal, we were never winning that match which is the biggest concern.

Ole can cry all day long about referring decisions but his brand of football is just not good enough. If we were to sack him today, no big club would touch him with a barge pole. We are the only club who seems to give the manager 100s of millions to spend with little to no accountability. If one of us was as bad as Ole in his job after getting the salary he wanted and the tools to work with (with almost 3 years at the club), we would be handed the pink slip with a small severance.

He will trudge on and then when he does get sacked, we will be paying him millions for being incompetent for what he was hired.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Ohh no, we lost at home to Villa after a single, contentious var decision. Poor Ole.

Guess not scoring a few goals with how open Villa were, and how good the attacking players we have, was also on VAR.
Him blaming VAR after that performance is rich.

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
I’m pretty sure it actually doesn’t matter if he’s blocking the view or not? His presence right in front of the keeper makes him offside (think about it logically if De Gea makes the save he has to consider the actions of the player in front of him). I might be wrong though and some smarty pants who can quote the law might prove me wrong.

Regardless we shouldn’t need VAR to bail us out.
Blocking the view of keeper surely is a foul. But it’s far from that in this case, no excuse.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
He's done a decent job up until now but with the squad and players we have there really isn't any excuses anymore.
He's done a decent job, and we are in a better position than when he came in, but I think everyone knew deep down he wasn't good enough, if we want to take the next step he needs to go. He has took us as far as he can.

To the posters who take it to far and call Ole all types of ridiculous names you can feck off. He's done his best and he's still a legend, so let's show a little respect shall we.
Thats where i am at as well.

Strategically i think hes a good manager, very good even, as hes done a wonderful job of steading the ship and taken the club in a much better direction after the toxic mess that Jose left behind. His squad building has been excellent and its clear that hes a terrific man manager

Tactically though, when it comes to getting the team to perform to the best of its abilities, i think hes going to come short unfortunately. Obviously sacking him now is absurd this early in the season, but this year there is no excuses. A proper league challenge and a good CL run is the absoloute minimum

Also, the bolded part is key here. Its fine to think hes not good enough, but hurling abuse just makes you and entitled twat

Cathy Ferguson

Same old problems: AWB and McFred are not good enough technically. Pogba together with those 3 are not press resistent. Maguire in poor form and losing Shaw did not help. Villa have a game plan that we lack and that is on Ole.

It is very obvious that this team will win nothing.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
If Ole were managing a rival we’d all be laughing ourselves sick and praying that they keep him forever. We’d also be terrified of the day they appointed a top coach because of the squad Ole assembled.

Status
Not open for further replies.