Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vernon Philander

How has he managed to make us look so toothless despite being backed more than any manager we've had post Fergie.

Jose with this squad would have made a far better go of it.

Shiva87

His lack of game changing interventions is his biggest weakness. Has always been and it's showing now again.

How has he not brought on Sancho after Shaw got injured. It became so apparent that all our attacks were through the center.

No point having so many options if he doesn't change it from the bench!

The Matic and Jesse sub last week looks like a lucky one!

NewUser777

You wont succeed in persuasion by questioning the sanity of someone who holds a different view from you. It is not all about one match.
On a global and majority scale I will. By a landslide! Shit week, but no reason to go this far overboard. Just comes across as mental and spoiled.

laughtersassassin

He will be here for a long time yet. We have so many great players it's difficult to have terrible run of results

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
His lack of game changing interventions is his biggest weakness. Has always been and it's showing now again.

How has he not brought on Sancho after Shaw got injured. It became so apparent that all our attacks were through the center.

No point having so many options if he doesn't change it from the bench!

The Matic and Jesse sub last week looks like a lucky one!
He does get it right now and again. However more often than not it is just changing like for like. Instead of changing a system the other team are already coping with. When he gets it right, it makes him look like a genius, when he isn't.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The 'go out and enjoy yourself' tactic clearly has not worked in winning himself any silverware here. Time to thank him for the rebuild and allow an actual football brain to coach the in game team.

Shiva87

He does get it right now and again. However more often than not it is just changing like for like. Instead of changing a system the other team are already coping with. When he gets it right, it makes him look like a genius, when he isn't.
He gets it right very rarely. A personnel change without any tweaks ever to start controlling games.

For e.g. Villa today were pressing the defenders but not as much in the midfield. Every time we switched play, we advanced 30-40 yards.

In that sense, Ole should have.just moved Pogba into midfield to switch play with one/ two touches. Pogba looked lost trying to hold the width to allow Wan Bissaka to switch it.

It was extremely painful to see that he is missing something so obvious, and it really ceeded control to Villa because except Varane , no one was really playing that ball.

Scott and Fred just kept breaking up stuff and then passing backwards most of the time!

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Just watch Brentford now. A team from the championship that plays better football than us.
Or maybe Klopp is a shit manager, whose side couldn't win a relatively simple game despite having spent all this money?

Eplel

I'm also perplexed on the people saying that we shouldn't replace him now (or mid season). What are they afraid, that we will actually challenge for a title and prove them wrong?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Or maybe Klopp is a shit manager, whose side couldn't win a relatively simple game despite having spent all this money?
Or maybe both teams played good football….

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If that had been our game, I'd have been disappointed not to win, but would have thought 'What a bloody game'. I would have been entertained.

gajender

Give it over mate you are behaving like ******* this argument doesn't make unless you are ready to ignore all the things Klopp has achieved so far .

James Peril

The problem with your extremely childish argument is that Klopp is wildly considered to be top 1-2 managers in the world and won the league with this side, he also won the Champions League for good order. He currently finds himself on top of the table without them really spending any money this summer, so there's that too. Please stop mentioning him alongside Ole Solskjær, it's just two different levels, different planets.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
If that had been our game, I'd have been disappointed not to win, but would have thought 'What a bloody game'. I would have been entertained.
Not sure about that. I was much more disappointed than entertained for example after our 3-3 against Everton last season.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If we play away at Brentford like we did today we’ll get beat easily.

anant

Or maybe both teams played good football….
No, that's not how the forum works. The big team always plays shit, rather than the other way round

Yeah, but half of us would have been up in arms for not being able to beat them / "lack of control"

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Today was no where near good enough but it puts it into perspective to not go overboard on a day when CAF darlings Tuchel can't muster a shot on target, Klopp could have easily lost instead of only drawing with Brentford and Rodgers can't beat Burnley.

Mike Smalling

Three losses in four games is dire, no matter how you look at it. We will not win anything with Ole - it’s clear as day.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Today was no where near good enough but it puts it into perspective to not go overboard on a day when CAF darlings Tuchel can't muster a shot on target, Klopp could have easily lost instead of only drawing with Brentford and Rodgers can't beat Burnley.
Ole is the odd one out compared to those managers though, all of them have won a trophy managing their clubs.

UnitedRepublic

There’s been so much talk about us needing a DM yes it’s true but what we should be saying is what an amazing squad we have we should challange for the title. It all comes down to who the manager is now it’s not about the players anymore. They need to be coached to do things in a different way.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
Seems too relaxed with having cristiano up front, just hoping he will save us every game. I support Ole but the last two games were dross, today injuries didn't help, Villa pressed extremely well and we missed a penalty but the passing and the end product were so shocking, part of me blames him, but I cannot blame him when our players cant make a simple pass between them, today we were just horrible.

Eplel

It doesn't put shit into perspective. Do you reckon people here would "go overboard" if Ole had won the CL last season, or the league the season before? Or even managed to win the FA Cup with a much worse squad than the favourites?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It doesn't put shit into perspective. Do you reckon people here would "go overboard" if Ole had won the CL last season, or the league the season before? Or even managed to win the FA Cup with a much worse squad than the favourites?
It definitely does when you read nonsense on here like Klopp would win the league comfortably with our squad. He couldn't beat Brentford with a better first XI than we had today.

And yes, I'm guilty of going overboard myself when annoyed with results. What's happened in the past is irrelevant.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
It was an atrocious performance. It was like we fielded bunch of amatures who were shooting whenever they want and keep trying Hollywood pass when simple pass was on. No urgency in pressing and allowed Aston Villa to press us in our half.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Ole needs to go, only for the reason that he play to not lose instead of playing to win. His tactics are very much reliant on individual quality. Which works most of the times, but it's not the mentality we should have. We should play to dominate the opponents. Sure in matches against other top teams you can change it up. But not against other PL teams.

mav_9me

Some here are telling us we need a top class midfielder instead of Fred and Scott in order to play good football first.
I've always maintained you either need a great group of players with a decent manager or a great manager with a decent group of players to win stuff. And so I thought if we gave Ole great players he would do better.

But now I am doubtful of even that. Except CM he has a great group of players. And performances are worse than last season. Don't think even with a better CM we would win anything with Ole.

anant

I'll just expand because it seems people are not getting the point - Sometimes top sides are not able to beat a side that they should ideally be beating - it may be because our side had an off day or the opponent turned up.

It doesn't mean that the manager is shit or the players are shit. It's just that things didn't go in your favour. As far as "having won things" argument is concerned, it has nothing to do with a result of a game. Should we win the league next year or this year, that won't make the result vs Villa acceptable, just like Pool's result vs Brentford won't be acceptable to their fans irrespective of what Klopp has achieved with them

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I'll just expand because it seems people are not getting the point - Sometimes top sides are not able to beat a side that they should ideally be beating - it may be because our side had an off day or the opponent turned up.

It doesn't mean that the manager is shit or the players are shit. It's just that things didn't go in your favour. As far as "having won things" argument is concerned, it has nothing to do with a result of a game. Should we win the league next year or this year, that won't make the result vs Villa acceptable, just like Pool's result vs Brentford won't be acceptable to their fans irrespective of what Klopp has achieved with them
When you win big trophies, fans will be behind manager even when the team drops silly points now and then. Forget individual games and compare the achievements, what Klopp has achieved with Liverpool compared to what Ole has achieved with ManUtd. I don't see any reason why any Liverpool fan would have doubts on the manager who is arguably top 3 in the world.

RedIan

I’d personally be happy to see ole replaced by a top coach but its not going to happen any time soon. no amount of hysteria every time united loose a game will change that.
United are currently joint top of the league and Ole has been backed heavily in the transfer market this summer.
The cafe and gutter press can speculate away on who will replace him but its not on the agenda right now, the team would need to fail to qualify from the knock out stages of CL and be at least mid table… and none of us want to see that - do we????

el3mel

Ole has won trophies at 33% of the clubs he has managed. He has also won a trophy in a higher percentage of seasons he has has managed than klopp. Maybe.
That's like, one club from the 3 he has managed and the only one at a shit league.

Great example at how to use stats to prove a point while throwing context out of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.