g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Bison

Supports
York City
We are also six points above anyone else since he took over, get your fecking head out of your ass.
This is the man who’s expected to get us back to the top (or somewhere close) and we’ve fallen further away, it’s not my head who’s in the wrong place.

AJ10

Jose didn't clear these pathetic lot out.

I highly doubt Ole will either.

Can't wait to watch United again next season with young/mata/smalling/jones/matic/lingard/Rashford/Lukaku in first 11 every game. :rolleyes:

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think he will fix the club. Its going to be a exciting summer imo. Lots of work to do.
Yeah but do you base that on? I can't have blind faith anymore, it's too much for me. Not only that, we don't know what Ole wants and how he wants to play. I have huge concerns, I think we're fecked

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I think that United should have stuck with him for the remainder of the season and then looked somewhere else like most sensible people.

That being said, this draw was not on him. Plenty of great chances to score more goals and Shaw being braindead this match cost us a clean sheet.

Adamsk7

It’s a shame but he’s not the right guy. He has good sound bites and all but he’s not the inspirational, strong leader we need to start what is a complete rebuild. Mind you, if Woodward doesn’t go or we don’t hire a DOF, there’s no manager in the world that would substantially improve us.

Skills

Snitch
Doesn’t have any idea how to turn around a bad run of results does he?
Basically same as what happened at Cardiff. The same form carried into the next season and he got sacked.

We won't sack him though and the worst is yet to come. Write off the entirety of next season for your own sanity.

crossy1686

career ending
What makes you think he's going to buy the right players though?

His strength was supposed to be motivation, the way he got players to play for him and buy into his approach. If he can't even do that, why should we believe he can do anything else properly?
Because he knows what a player that's good enough to play for United looks like. The other managers we've had wanted to sign big names or players that fit their style of play. The players we currently have just aren't good enough, it's that simple.

Acquire Me

The only common thread during our post-Fergie mediocrity has been the presence of Woodward. He needs to go and we need a proper DOF.
I agree. His power struggle with Mourinho was the finale straw for me. Not backing him in the transfer window was a really bad call.

JoaquinJoaquin

Basically same as what happened at Cardiff. The same form carried into the next season and he got sacked.

We won't sack him though and the worst is yet to come. Write off the entirety of next season for your own sanity.
We will. He will get till next November and then if things don't change he will have to be sacked. Which I'm guessing he will if he only plans to bring 3 players in.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He’s not the right person for this job because there is no right person for this job and the people who appointed him and will appoint his successor are not the right people for their jobs.

We’re just screwed. All we can do as fans is watch in disbelief as Woodward tries to fix this by signing Gareth Bale on ridiculous wages in the summer.

Sir Scott McToMinay

The decision making at this club has been horrific, time and time they’re taking the wrong decisions.
How could anyone think giving Jones a 5 year contract was a good idea?
Young? Mata? Herrera? What are these people thinking?

I honestly think we’re at the worst state we’ve been since SAF retired, the incompetence of the suits set the club back a decade.
It was all salvageable post-Moyes, and they fecked it up, time and time and time again.

NJM78

I have no faith the club will get good players in and I have little faith in Ole being tactically good enough. So basically I can see this farce of a club being in this same position next May and Ole being offloaded.

Jones and Young start for us in our opening league game, that’s me done for the season anyway, need to lower my blood pressure big time.

PlayerOne

Just like he's doing at Tottenham. Holding Levy ransom...
Poch has an attachment to Spurs like it or not. He's building something there, but you can see he's starting to get frustrated. Poch at United will have huge expectations, that's why top managers will demand a lot more. Top four is considered success at Spurs, do that at United and you get ripped by the press and fans .

SAFMUTD

What's your solution ? Sack yet another manager and start afresh, until the next manager loses a few games and we come full circle ?
Maybe gamble on a manager that offers more?

Not wanting to replace Ole is like not wanting to replace Alexis. “Sell Alexis? So what do we do? Buy another player until he becomes crap and start the cycle again?”

YES, we should keep sacking failing managers and players until we find the right one, giving time to a failing manager is just wasting time. Summer is the perfect chance to find a new one.

El Jefe

How about when he's had an actual summer to make some changes he wants to make? I don't think people realise just how fecking difficult it is to make any meaningful change when you're thrown into a situation like he was back in November. IF we've made some major recruitment in the summer and we're playing like this closer to Christmas then we need to start asking serious questions but if we haven't appointed a DOF it's pointless sacking him anyway, we'll just be back at square one again with a new manager who doesn't fancy any of the players he has.
I'm actually not asking for him to be sacked. Unfortunately we need to back him this summer as it would be daft not to but it only shows a continuation of Woodward's error in judgement.

I'm merely pointing out that I don't think he's up to the task. To begin with it was always a risky appointment and while he had a great impact to begin with, everything after the PSG game has been horrible. I just think the job is far too big for his ability, there was a reason he was managing Molde. Right now we clearly have the worst manager in the top 6 and we're expecting him to overtake teams and managers that are far better. Ijust don't see how this is possible.

Skills

Snitch
We will. He will get till next November and then if things don't change he will have to be sacked. Which I'm guessing he will if he only plans to bring 3 players in.
Mate, Moyes got till April. Mourinho sabotaged half a season, begged for almost 7 months to get sacked before we had the balls to do it. There's no chance we sack a club legend unless he relegates us.

Roboc7

I wouldn’t pick the youngsters next week, plenty of game in Europa next season. Play the first team, let them draw or lose again against Cardiff and suffer the reaction to it.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I 100% agree. Our board had the biggest knee jerk reaction out of us all though. Offering Ole a permanent job after 2 months is absolutely ridiculous. I don't see how signing 2-3 players will change anything, I just think Ole, just like Moyes is out of his depth and we will waste another year or so with him and more money on players. Real Madrid sacked 2 managers this year and you can be sure they will come back next year much better. Meanwhile we will still be shit giving time to managers who don't deserve it.
This.

A managers job is to organise and motivate. He’s doing neither. Granted that we have some bad apples but the players confidence is on the floor, a big part of his job is to raise them up.
Mourinho won trophies and finished second with the side. His third season was the same as almost every club he's been at, he started warring with players and the hierarchy and ended up getting sacked. Look at his last season with Chelsea, he took the champions to near the relegation zone. I don't see him as a barometer here.

Ole looked like he had given up today. He was sat on the bench with a little smile on his face when he should have been in the technical area making adjustments and motivating the players. We needed one goal against a truly wretched side to stay in the hunt for a CL place. That was totally unacceptable.

My guess is that after the Mourinho out bounce and a few defeats players like Pogba have looked at Ole and what's going on behind the scenes and decided that we're going nowhere fast under this regime and want out. A feeling of hopelessness has grown through the squad and it is reflected in the performances we see on the pitch. We are entering a second Moyesian era if we keep hold of Ole in my opinion. Bring a proven manager in and we can attract the level of player that we need this summer.
Excellent posts from you, agree entirely.

haram

Who the hell is gonna come and play for Ole while we are in the Europa League unless its for money? We are going nowhere.

SAFMUTD

Not sure what Ole is supposed to do with the utter sacks of shit playing for him.
That utter sacks of shit players are not good enough to challenge for titles but feck me they are better than what we are seeing. Ole is failing.

GM K

With all due respect, people are not thinking deeply. Under Jose, these boys were playing crap at the start of the season. Jose gets fired and during those first ten games, they played the kind of football that I last saw under Sir Alex. People know I have always backed Jose here. But at that time, even I had to call Jose a real prick. Like everyone, the fingers pointed at one man, the fired manager. And then suddenly, they crumble again. Crashed is a better description! After they had made their point, after requests for new contracts were not heeded for some stars, after Madrid came calling for some, after the new manager said they were fine and that they only needed encouragement, after they fortunately beat PSG in Paris and the world hailed them.

Think folks. Look at the patterns.

For me, the only way out for us is for the board to quickly restructure the club. They should get a good director of football and budget massive spending in the Summer. They should fully back the manager and clip the wings of the players. If he wants ANY player out or that player should be sold, whether or not he is a super star. If he wants any player in, they should get him that player even if he is 36 years old!

These will not guarantee we will be back at the top but it will surely start pushing us in that direction.

FerociousCorgis

I just dont see how anyone could favor Ole over poch at this point. One has pushed spurs to a top 4 consistent level while not being overly backed financially and turns players into better talents ,and the other one had a good new manager bump and has had some success in Norway.

starman

If you think Martial and Rashford are better, God help you.
Rashford should be a backup. Lukaku should never have been at this club in the first place. Waste of money and poor recruitment. You are part of the problem defending and wanting players like him here.
The non answer, I am going to take it as a yes, you are related..

JoaquinJoaquin

Mate, Moyes got till April. Mourinho sabotaged half a season, begged for almost 7 months to get sacked before we had the balls to do it. There's no chance we sack a club legend unless he relegates us.
I know what you mean. I think next season though we will be down the bottom half by Xmas and the pressure on Woodward from media etc may force his hand.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Honestly he should probably realise the job is too big for him and step aside, he obviously won’t and I don’t blame him because this is his dream.
He will never resign. As you said he is in his dream and he is sure that he can fix this. ( we all know that he can't).

Skills

Snitch
What's your solution ? Sack yet another manager and start afresh, until the next manager loses a few games and we come full circle ?
Yet another manager? We've had less fecking managers than Madrid post Fergie.

The number of managers you hire and fire is not a barometer of success in this sport.

PlayerOne

I wouldn’t pick the youngsters next week, plenty of game in Europa next season. Play the first team, let them draw or lose again against Cardiff and suffer the reaction to it.
Every fan of every clubs thinks the youngsters will play in Europa league and it never happens. It's a good cup to win and you can bet your life Ole will try to win it.

PlayerOne

We just tried that and both got sacked.
LVG was one of the best in the world when we signed him? Jose was on his way down too, but did well for 2 season until he got bored and it went to shit.

Skills

Snitch
I know what you mean. I think next season though we will be down the bottom half by Xmas and the pressure on Woodward from media etc may force his hand.
The media are all anti sacking Manchester United managers. No other club is held to this scale.

The likes of Gary Neville and co will throw another strop if anything comes out about us sacking another manager. Neville managed to keep Mourinho in his job another 2 months, ruining any hope of us getting anything from this season.

Jonno

We did. He got the sack because he put this squad together.
We just tried that and both got sacked.
So try with another world class manager. One world class manager came in, won trophies, left because he became negative on the club. So get another world manager, don’t deliberately go unproven and inexperienced just because José got sacked.

City, Liverpool, Spurs, proven world class manager, world class recruitment

United - no long term plan, no world class manager, terrible recruitment for players

Status
Not open for further replies.