Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Prolongs the inevitable, but that performance should send alarm bells ringing. Play like that against a decent side and we'll get battered.
I mean Villareal are a decent side and they did play us off the park, it was De Gea keeping us in it

Kag

The last two games have really worried me.

Feels a bit like we’re throwing shit at a wall and seeing if it sticks at the moment.

We won, granted. The players play for him and we are good at pulling ourselves out of holes. But tonight was absolutely farcical at times.

LARulz

I don't know how to make it sound that I am both happy and annoyed how shit he is as a manager will be ignored.

I am always happy to win but he gets away with it each time

He's a rival fans perfect dream. He does enough to save himself each time but too shit to win anything, and equally know it's hard for us to get rid of a legend

dove

Yet another shambolic, disjointed and clueless performance but thank feck we have a great squad who can win in-spite of who is on the touchline. We will not get anywhere near to winning the CL but let's hope we at least can avoid the embarrassment of crashing out of groups yet again.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Good win tonight. Really happy we kept going to the end.
Performances over the last fortnight leave a lot to be desired. Need to improve that.

Ronaldo is mint. Love how Jesse is back.

laughtersassassin

Delighted we won but we got very lucky.

Personally think we are playing shite this season. That has to be on the manager at the end of the day.

Godfather

He has no idea what he's doing but he manages to keep himself in the job repeatedly somehow. Good on him

Tony247

He brought the team so far and now he is holding it back. Next summer united need to get a proper manager. This team can produce so much better football.

Drainy

Remember when Ole used to sit deep and hit on the break and everyone said 'that's the easy way to play football, anyone can do that'.. guess what other clubs are now doing that to us game in game out. We need to adapt.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Absolutely terrible performance, bailed out by a wonder goal and the GOAT. Shite control, shite press for long periods of the game, shite passing.

Ole needs to buckle up.

predator

Youth NITK
The first 70 minutes was some of the worst football I've seen from us for a long while but ultimately he got the result through impeccably timed subs.

Ronaldo looked absolutely knackered at the end and I'll be honest, I expected him to be subbed.

NK86

Good win tonight. Really happy we kept going to the end.
Performances over the last fortnight leave a lot to be desired. Need to improve that.

Ronaldo is mint. Love how Jesse is back.
If you are noticing that our performances have been poor, then they must have been absolutely atrocious :)

Holocene

Absolutely terrible performance, bailed out by a wonder goal and the GOAT. Shite control, shite press for long periods of the game, shite passing.

Ole needs to buckle up.
You're going to have posters telling you much his subs in Cavani and Matic changed the game any second now. Completely agree though.

Robbie Boy

Bad performance, but what an end to the game :lol:. Still a really disjointed performance, and putting that amazing end to the game aside, there's very little positives to take from the actual game. It's getting worrying.

Big three points though, if we beat Atalanta at home next, things look much better. Hopefully we go into Saturday's game on a high.

MattofManchester

Funny how some will return to jump at how we win games while being utter shite in both performance and quality, but had completely opposing opinions on the Jose performances and football.

But he keeps everybody happy and that's all Manchester United need. To keep everybody happy. Who needs trophies or decent football.
No just make sure our players are happy and having fun.

Kaos

Elated at the result but it shouldn't hide the fact we were dreadful for most of the game. Solskajer has a lot to thank De Gea for, luckiest man in football.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He has no idea what he's doing but he manages to keep himself in the job repeatedly somehow.
When Ole is in danger, players are there to defend him. Glazers, Sir Alex, Woodward, dressing room, coaching staff, everyone determined to push him out of the danger zone.

It's a good and questionable sign at the same time, causing lot of confusion among supporters.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Needs sacking before this season is a write off. We can achieve something this season with a proper manager in charge.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
De Gea kept us in the game. We looked awful for large periods but the subs he made won it for us - and you can't argue with that as they all had a part in the winning goal. If only we had a 26-year-old Matic.

GreatDane

Always liked Ole and think he was the right choice at the time and he stopped us from sinking further down. Now someone else needs to take us to the next level.

cyberman

Completely failed in protecting our back 4 tonight which should have been his main objective.
Still, his subs changed the game and from the 60th minute on we were the better team from then. His in game management is a lot better than he’s given credit for

JG3001

Anyone spinning this to his credit is a WUM and/or deluded, but all so, so predictable when his players drag him out of the dirt.

Already seeing posts about his “genius” subs cropping up…

RedDevilRoshi

Tonight was all about getting the 3 points more than anything. Still a concern as the team looked so disjointed and lacking any sort of rhythm for large spells in that game.

Individual brilliance from De Gea & Ronaldo tonight bailed him out.

Strats

First half felt like an absolute nail in the coffin to me tbh. Could have easily been 3 or 4-0 down.

Glad we won though. Cavani was fantastic

Godfather

He'll have to have a long and hard think about how to set us up in the coming weeks as this won't work

CM

He needs to work out a way to get the best out of this team quickly. Speaks volumes that we dramatically improved when two pensioners entered the pitch. Too many drifters atm.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Dreadful tonight. He's got real problems this season with the imbalanced squad which presumably he was happy going in to the season with.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Always liked Ole and think he was the right choice at the time and he stopped us from sinking further down. Now someone else needs to take us to the next level.
I have a feeling you're right. Still, I can't bring myself to be an Ole out guy. I'll probably be rooting for him all the way till the ship has sunk.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
After today i finally made my peace regarding him. No need to repeat over and over and over how bad he is.
With him we can't win anything or challenge for title so this will be his last season here. Only question will he be sacked in december, february or june . Knowing us, we will give him full season and then sack him.

But next year is our year :wenger:

Status
Not open for further replies.