Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
When did he strut around like a peacock? :lol:
Yeah I can't remember this either. I mean the most we seen from him were the celebrations in Paris but any manager would be ecstatic after that game. He was given his dream job and was doing well. Of course he's going to be happy.

UDontMessWith24

We played VDB, Sancho and Lindelöf so it was not 100% our strongest team, but more importantly(which I also wrote, by the way): we played most of the game with 10 men. Of course that matters.
Got it so any adversity and a bad result “doesn’t count”. You are indeed an Ole boy

One of the things that put me off Ole was watching him strut about like a peacock when we went through his purple patch after joining. He probably deserved to but for some reason it just wound me up. Then when it all went tits up watching him giving blabbering interviews blaming the players for his own inadequacies cemented the fact he wasn't up for the job. Can't wait till he's gone to be honest.
He's a human being. It was great when he took over and United went on a good run, after the dismal end to Jose' time.

The fans were buzzing and it would be very strange if Ole wasn't too. Everyone connected to the club was. Football is entertainment, people derive fun and enjoyment from it.

Look at the ridiculous shit Ole faces after a couple of bad results, and you blame him for enjoying the good moments?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
In my personal opinion RvP was a much better footballer than Ole, though playing for a worse team. So yes, he was twice the player. Ole was a super sub finisher, while Robin was one of the most complete and elegant attackers in the prem. I am not shitting on Ole as a player. He is a mediocre manager, and he never contributed to our any season more than RvP to our 20th title. Finally, RvP's shirt number reminds me of our 20th Premier league championship rather than Ole's number.
I love van Persie (obviously) but number 20 will always remind me of Ole. At the end of the day he scored arguably the most important goal in club history and one of the most iconic goals in football.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Yeah I can't remember this either. I mean the most we seen from him were the celebrations in Paris but any manager would be ecstatic after that game. He was given his dream job and was doing well. Of course he's going to be happy.
There’s enough to criticise about him without making stuff up :lol:

I think they might be getting confused with that internet meme where ole is dancing around the hose and that :lol:

UDontMessWith24

Now Ole Outers are giving him stick for having a bit of arrogance about him.

The same Ole Outers who also claim he’s a wet lettuce, and smiles too much and is “too much of a nice guy” - however now he’s too arrogant and has a “bad ego” and he’s bad manager because of it.

This same bad ego that a lot of the forum loved Mou for & his whole 3 trophies showing off b*llocks at the end of a press conference.

Ole shows a bit of fire in the belly and people now don’t like it.

Make up your minds people!
Ok he’s not arrogant. Unfortunately a plethora of reasons why he’s under qualified for the job still remain.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He's a human being. It was great when he took over and United went on a good run, after the dismal end to Jose' time.

The fans were buzzing and it would be very strange if Ole wasn't too. Everyone connected to the club was. Football is entertainment, people derive fun and enjoyment from it.

Look at the ridiculous shit Ole faces after a couple of bad results, and you blame him for enjoying the good moments?
Good times.

UDontMessWith24

Clever way to play it down, but it’s a pattern rather than a couple of bad results.

captaincantona

Since when is the pressure on the manager about a couple of bad results? In case you haven’t noticed when have been completely average bordering on clueless for the majority of his time in charge...when you consider the quality at his disposal. Other than developing a good counter attacking setup...we have looked disjointed and been very lucky to be fair.

Great man manager. Great rebuild. Great for the club in many ways...but purely from a footballing perspective...we have been dire mate.

OleBoiii

Got it so any adversity and a bad result “doesn’t count”.
That's not what I said. I simply added context to the losses. Just like you tried to do for our wins. I simply used the same logic back to you, only with better arguments ;)

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
One of the things that put me off Ole was watching him strut about like a peacock when we went through his purple patch after joining. He probably deserved to but for some reason it just wound me up. Then when it all went tits up watching him giving blabbering interviews blaming the players for his own inadequacies cemented the fact he wasn't up for the job. Can't wait till he's gone to be honest.
I find your username a bit ironic in the light of this comment.

UDontMessWith24

That's not what I said. I simply added context to the losses. Just like you tried to do for our wins. I simply used the same logic back to you, only with better arguments ;)
My context was in regards to performance. Yours is bad faith arguing that make the Caf reigning court jester, with the added hilarity of having audacity to belittle someone else’s intelligence. You’re basically a clown that thinks people take him seriously.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
In my personal opinion RvP was a much better footballer than Ole, though playing for a worse team. So yes, he was twice the player. Ole was a super sub finisher, while Robin was one of the most complete and elegant attackers in the prem. I am not shitting on Ole as a player. He is a mediocre manager, and he never contributed to our any season more than RvP to our 20th title. Finally, RvP's shirt number reminds me of our 20th Premier league championship rather than Ole's number.
RVP was a much better striker than Ole for me, its not even comparable.

Foxbatt

RVP was a much better striker than Ole for me, its not even comparable.
That I agree with you. RVP is on a different level. I mean Ole is a good striker and is in the good region. RVP was in the elite region. I feel sad for him in a way as he is destroying his legacy as player who is a legend.

copen1945

He has delivered excitement and drama back to United. Football may not be the prettiest, but he deserves a season without these game by game pressure.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
This is a pretty banner

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
That I agree with you. RVP is on a different level. I mean Ole is a good striker and is in the good region. RVP was in the elite region. I feel sad for him in a way as he is destroying his legacy as player who is a legend.
Is he? He's brough a sense of belonging back to the club that we haven't had since Sir Alex. Ronnie is back, the academy has never been as stacked as it is. The club is in as good a statefor future success as it has been since 2005.

The only thing in the way are entitled fans who feel they are owed something today.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Is he? He's brough a sense of belonging back to the club that we haven't had since Sir Alex. Ronnie is back, the academy has never been as stacked as it is. The club is in as good a statefor future success as it has been since 2005.

The only thing in the way are entitled fans who feel they are owed something today.
Well said. Supporters need to learn the meaning of support. This forum the past week has been incredible to see, some of the threads and posts are baffling.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Good times. I’m enjoying the journey. Would love a win on the weekend. Pull it out the bag Ole!
Good times, beating a team that's 6th in the Italian league 3-2 at home with 5 of their best players missing, on the 81st minute with one of the most expensive squads in the world.. And that after a game where Leicester scored 4 goals against us and De Gea was still man of the match... Good times..

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Don't be silly.

Bored of trashing him as a manager now people are going after his playing career....

432JuanMata

Well said. Supporters need to learn the meaning of support. This forum the past week has been incredible to see, some of the threads and posts are baffling.
All posters here do Support Manchester United if they didn’t they wouldn’t be here. Just because we support this great club doesn’t mean we have to be blind and go on faith. 4 loses in 8 games and with form over the last 10 that resembled a bottom half side in a season that we are supposed to finally challenge has got people worried and upset.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
There was a match last season where Scholes and Hargreaves really went in on Ole for persisting with McFred. Ole in response was pretty fecking rude. I don’t think Scholes has forgotten that and that could be why he was so brutal in his assessment last night.
What did ole say
Something along the lines of that if scholes and hargreaves knew about management and how to balance a team they won't be sitting in the tv studio but rather they'd be down here (i.e. managing clubs).

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
The fact that all rival fans in the Premier League across social media, and i'm sure in person too, are ecstatic and eager for Ole to stay as our manager should tell you all you need to know really, if it doesn't then I don't really know what to tell you.
Will the dippers throw the game then ? :wenger:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Good times, beating a team that's 6th in the Italian league 3-2 at home with 5 of their best players missing, on the 81st minute with one of the most expensive squads in the world.. And that after a game where Leicester scored 4 goals against us and De Gea was still man of the match... Good times..
Yep. Enjoyed the match, what can I say.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
All posters here do Support Manchester United if they didn’t they wouldn’t be here. Just because we support this great club doesn’t mean we have to be blind and go on faith. 4 loses in 8 games and with form over the last 10 that resembled a bottom half side in a season that we are supposed to finally challenge has got people worried and upset.
Worried and upset, That’s fair. The ones who want us to lose have a funny way of showing support. The ones who constantly mock and shit on Ole, a club legend and current manager also have a funny way of showing support. Each to their own.

lex talionis

A bit of a knife’s edge we’re on with respect to whether Ole is captain of a sinking ship or onto great things. Even including yesterday’s win, we’ve been poor this season. But if we beat Liverpool and City even the most diehard OleOutters would have to agree to letting Ole see out the end of the season.

432JuanMata

Worried and upset, That’s fair. The ones who want us to lose have a funny way of showing support. The ones who constantly mock and shit on Ole, a club legend and current manager also have a funny way of showing support. Each to their own.
I’ll start by saying people have the right to shit on Ole if they don’t think he’s good enough which a lot of people don’t, club legend or not.
The people that want us to lose are either nuts or really not thinking straight. I have never wanted us to lose even when some did to city to stop Liverpool winning the league. The day I ever want this club to lose is the day I give up on football.

I understand your point that some are overboard but still it’s worrying time of the season. We lose to Liverpool and City we could be 10th. Yes if we win both we be back in the hunt but based on form it’s worrying and unlikely

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I’ll start by saying people have the right to shit on Ole if they don’t think he’s good enough which a lot of people don’t, club legend or not.
The people that want us to lose are either nuts or really not thinking straight. I have never wanted us to lose even when some did to city to stop Liverpool winning the league. The day I ever want this club to lose is the day I give up on football.

I understand your point that some are overboard but still it’s worrying time of the season. We lose to Liverpool and City we could be 10th. Yes if we win both we be back in the hunt but based on form it’s worrying and unlikely
I just think if one believes he’s the man for the job or think that he’s taken us as far as he can he deserves respect, even if it is silly posts on the internet. So I disagree with you that people ‘have the right’ to shit on him. You can’t go into a single thread on this forum without him being dragged into it by someone shitting on him. It’s boring now.

As for the upcoming games, yes they’ll be tough and yes they’ll be crucial, let’s see how they go first.

432JuanMata

I just think if one believes he’s the man for the job or think that he’s taken us as far as he can he deserves respect, even if it is silly posts on the internet. So I disagree with you that people ‘have the right’ to shit on him. You can’t go into a single thread on this forum without him being dragged into it by someone shitting on him. It’s boring now.

As for the upcoming games, yes they’ll be tough and yes they’ll be crucial, let’s see how they go first.
Ok well I take back the shitting on part. They have the right to criticise be more the right choice of words. I understand that most threads are bashing him but then you have the “posts made when we beat “whoever” “ coming up all the time.
Both sides are extreme and I’m not on either. I’ve been told that I should just support the club or I’m not a true supporter when questioning Ole but also some of the posts that are against him are awful.

Womp

idiot
Ye, I was probably one of the first on here to think he wasn't up to it, but some of the abuse he receives is OTT. There is absolutely no need to make it personal. Nor is he 'useless' etc. Just because he may not be good enough for Manchester United, doesn't mean the guy is useless.

UDontMessWith24

Football fans with expectations aligned with the clubs financial resources and the quality of the squad dissatisfied with under achievement isn’t anything out of the ordinary. Your moral high ground is imaginary.

Status
Not open for further replies.