Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy_JukeZ

Neville should be embarrassed with some of the blabbering nonsense he trots out lately.

The entire club(owners, board, manager/staff) and those with close ties to it are stuck in la la land.

We need a major cultural shift.

Jackal981

Having that clown as the unofficial club spokesman for all media is almost as embarrassing as the on field shit.

I would love the new manager to go after him like a fecking Rottweiler.
This clip is so disgraceful. If Klopp is in Ole position and Carra defend him like that with Neville and co laughing their arse off in national TV the caf would explode in happiness

hobbers

Much more of this and Neville's credibility will be in tatters.

Carra and Souness ripped him to shreds, made him look like a blinkered imbecile.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Yeah Skip Bayless is a professional troll. He's there to generate clicks and get people talking.

Gary Neville isn't that. Gary Neville is just the pundit version of Solskjaer. He's just way out of his depth and people like Carragher and co are laughing at his incompetence.
Gary is no Skip Bayless, he's Michael Irvin - except the Cowboys are actually looking good this season.

Last edited:

L1nk

Ian Wright and Micah Richards on MOTD ripping into and absolutely shocked at how we couldn’t even do the basics of football, i watched it live but watching these highlights on here its absolutely amazing how poor we look as a team, all the players doing everything on their own, its abysmal

SAFMUTD

Ian Wright and Micah Richards on MOTD ripping into and absolutely shocked at how we couldn’t even do the basics of football, i watched it live but watching these highlights on here its absolutely amazing how poor we look as a team, all the players doing everything on their own, its abysmal
Got any link?

Code-CX

I actually can’t believe he’s still here. Awful manager who has no business being in the position he’s in.

Where’s that random dude that used to quote a bunch of us when we said Ole was a horrendous manager? Ah whatever. Ole in :)

SonyaCross493

If Ole is still here for the Tottenham game and doesn't play Sancho and Donny, Spurs will give us another pasting.

he needs to drop Greenwood he cost us the 1st goal, we was doing well up until we lost that first goal and it's hard to come back after that.

Water Melon

This manager is a textbook definition of a very bad chequebook manager. He does not love the club more than we do. He will not resign unless we fire him, as he does not want to lose his a dozen million quid compensation. He has not bought that well, and he does not use the huge resources made available to him well either. Our fullbacks suck under him, our midfield is not existent. Fecking Maguire is all over the place, and despite having so many forwards and attackers we have just lost 0:5 to Pool at Old Trafford. Hope the Board act asap, as this guy is a serial bottler with no fecking cheek.

Jerry Garcia

His mismanagement of the squad and the lack of any fundamental tactics or plan B after three years in charge is border line criminal. He’s had more time than any other manager post SAF and we don’t look any better than when he first took over.

It’s been a roller coaster ride for his entire managerial spell. This might sound crazy but I’ve found his spell as manager to be the most exhausting. He has consistently played his “favorites” when there are alternatives who would fit the system better. He’s run players into the ground again and again and his unwillingness to adapt are all parts of his demise.

All the while failing to win a trophy despite great chances to do so. If he were at any other top club we’d all be laughing that he’s still in charge.

lilcurt

I can't believe he is still here!

I mean, I can believe it but only at this club would a manager with these results still be in a job. Any other European elite team would have sacked him ages ago. We are Arsenal!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I can't believe he is still here!

I mean, I can believe it but only at this club would a manager with these results still be in a job. Any other European elite team would have sacked him ages ago. We are Arsenal!
We are Arsenal but with heavy spending.

lilcurt

We are Arsenal but with heavy spending.
It's kills me to see us with know ambition. 10 years ago we used to compete the top prizes and a bad season was winning only one trophy. Today, we aren't even competitive and worst of all the board don't give a feck until it impacts their finances. Zero ambition.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I actually can’t believe he’s still here. Awful manager who has no business being in the position he’s in.

Where’s that random dude that used to quote a bunch of us when we said Ole was a horrendous manager? Ah whatever. Ole in :)
Probably @Wumminator

Devil’s Trident

I would love to hear Fergie's true thoughts on the state of the club after today. It looked like he had a lot to say to the fella sitting next to him.
“Your job now is to stand by our manager. That is important.”
He has no legs to stand on regarding managerial choices.

Steve 007

Ole is getting sacked tomorrow when the New York stock exchange opens. The question then becomes how quickly the new manger shows an impact and wether the players are good enough to salvage anything from the season?
As a legend I’m gutted for Ole and sad that I can no longer back him but his time is up.

Devil’s Trident

All this class of 92 plus Rio etc. can feck right off. There is not one single honest person amongst them who can tell it as it is about the shambles that is going on right now. They care more about their teammate and his feelings than this club. They have no issues ripping players to shreds, calling them frauds players who actually have won stuff and serial winners but won’t say a word about their mate who is an actual fraud and is actually ripping the pride and soul of this football club.

Clearly, together their opinion influences not only the gullible sheep but also this spineless clueless board who just won’t act and sack him as long as he has his mates and fans backing. These former players working for media is the worst thing to happen to Manchester United and Gary Neville, the man is dishonest, hypocrite and a shameless person to boot. I hope someday a proper united manager or any other manager rips him and his analysis and his understanding of football apart.

ti vu

You are actually right in everything you say but the human body does not respond to stress in that way. Just because they get much more time than others doesn't mean they won't be under constant stress. Either way you are right. No other top club sticks around with mediocrity as long as we do. This board doesn't even understand the word ruthless.

They gave him another 3 years after losing a cup final to Lord Emery's Villareal...
It is nowhere near the most demanding job in football. In fact, it is the least demanding job from any of the managerial jobs in top clubs.

Essentially, there is no other big club who gives near as much support as United. Unlimited signings, highest wage bill, fantastic fan support in the stadium. All you have to do in return is get a place in UCL, play shit on a stick football and smile, and you can get years as manager, while on any other big club you would have been sacked within the first 6 months.
It's SAF's shadow.

Someone like LVG and Mourinho with their own way would outright clash with the United way ( romanticized fond memories about SAF). They would try to imprint their philosophy to full extend, but would be opposed. In the end, they fought in vain to convince the fan base that they could bring some successes with a different way. They failed to build the team to their likings.

Moyes himself is a better coach than Ole, but he doesn't know this club of this size. He's completely out of his depth in every aspect. Immediate successor for SAF of course even hampered him more.

Ole knows the club better than the other 3. This helps him in emulating SAF to a certain extend, and in that he has gone the furthest in term of squad building. This team on paper wouldn't be far from what SAF would build from the same circumstances. However, SAF himself would have done much better, while adding Ronaldo, and Varane with the expectation coming with it, is looking more and more a curse on Ole. Ole can't no longer hide behind the rebuild. He's expected to deliver result which comparison to SAF's standard is inescapable.

Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona... may be more demanding in term of instant successes, but you can feel and see that they're clear with their aim/pulling in one direction: win or out. There models mean they would go through many managers quickly. What his mean even if the manager fails, it doesn't mean he wouldn't suit other clubs. Just his bosses have to save his own asses, and have to act quickly,

Here our manager job in reality is to fill the void SAF left after his retirement which would include both result and vibe. While this club is not as ruthless based on result, it's actually more tormenting for the managers awaiting their slow death (of their reign). There is no accountability for failure from the higher up, so there is no mercy dismissal, but leaving the managers to dig his own grave trying to escape SAF's shadow all on his own.

R'hllor

Wondering where are all those obnoxious pricks on their high horses, calling out people that expressed certain issues regarding our performances, calling them entitled, telling them to go support another team, trying sell themself as what real supporter is. Worst part of all, if/when we get a new manager, we will have those feckers again in here just names will be different.

Skills

Snitch
Wondering where are all those obnoxious pricks on their high horses, calling out people that expressed certain issues regarding our performances, calling them entitled, telling them to go support another team, trying sell themself as what real supporter is. Worst part of all, if/when we get a new manager, we will have those feckers again in here just names will be different.
I think they've all gone to see psychiatrists. Turns out the thing they were "seeing" for the last 3 years, were just hallucinations

abailey123

He won’t admit it but I don’t think Ole knows how to change this. That was essentially the same 11, plus Ronaldo, that was our first choice 11 last season. Yet we’ve gone away from all our our principles from last season. Stay compact and hit teams on the counter.
Now we’ve become this team who make the odd half attempt at a press. Trying the play higher up the pitch but with huge gaps between the lines and making individual errors time and time again.
Other than Liverpool’s 5th, every goal we conceded was a poor goal and a defensive mix up.
I’ve been Ole in up until these last 3 weeks however we need to cut ties before he tarnishes his legacy as a player. It’s clear we’re going nowhere fast.

leon24

OGS won’t be sacked so soon because he’s backed by an OT legend - himself.

LARulz

This almost feels like that horrendous period under LvG in his final season around December when he somehow kept his job. We are all waiting for the inevitable but won't

The price is too high this time to not act quickly. Unless we want, we will waste a few of these players prime and lose a couple good players on a free another half decent manager can actually use. We need to act now to show everyone at the club and future players we are serious. If we wait till end of the season no doubt next year will again be a "settling in period"

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I am still in a state of shock at Ole's approach yesterday. Of all the teams to go and try to 'get at' he chose Liverpool. Even after the warnings in recent games.

I am baffled by his comments before and after the game that he felt a Man Utd team, at home, needs to play on the front foot. 90% of us probably expected us to defend deep & counter. For obvious reasons.

It feels like Ole is just playing these self defeating, suicidal tactics cos he feels like that's what we should do. Rather than doing what we are actually best at: countering.

Is he going to do the same against City in a fortnight? Open up space and chase them cos that's what a Man Utd team should do? It's crazy.

crossy1686

career ending
Ole is getting sacked tomorrow when the New York stock exchange opens. The question then becomes how quickly the new manger shows an impact and wether the players are good enough to salvage anything from the season?
As a legend I’m gutted for Ole and sad that I can no longer back him but his time is up.
No he isn’t, United sacking managers has nothing to do with the NYSC

Siorac

I am baffled by his comments before and after the game that he felt a Man Utd team, at home, needs to play on the front foot. 90% of us probably expected us to defend deep & counter. For obvious reasons.
This is damning in itself though. After the money spent in recent seasons, going toe-to-toe (get out of here, Scholesy) with Liverpool at Old Trafford shouldn't result in a 0-5.

captaincantona

I am still in a state of shock at Ole's approach yesterday. Of all the teams to go and try to 'get at' he chose Liverpool. Even after the warnings in recent games.

It feels like Ole is just playing these self defeating, suicidal tactics cos he feels like that's what we should do. Rather than doing what we are actually best at: countering.

Is he going to do the same against City in a fortnight? Open up space and chase them cos that's what a Man Utd team should do? It's crazy.
I am more in shock at the fact that he has had 3 years, a full strength squad yesterday...and we are still all approaching the game like we were going to get walloped! Everyone saw it coming. How is that possible for a team that has spent what we have and “built” for 3 years to be in EXACTLY the same underdog position AT HOME against Liverpool? Despite all our talent no one really thought, and rightly so, we could actually take the game to them. That’s a damning indictment for Ole and his team. Three years, loads of players, culture change, same shite excuses “not there yet” “level we want to be at” “Hail Mary” wishful thinking that having guts is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.