Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
:lol:

I think it's fair to say that there is no chance he's not getting fired today or tomorrow.

For all the talk of DNA, United way, and all the other soundbites he kept churning out, we looked most coherent when he set us up as underdogs against the better sides and then when he tried to go toe to toe with a top side he got absolutely mauled.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Can you imagine if Spurs open up that defense? They have the attacking players to do it, but I doubt Nuno is brave enough to go for the kill.

Anustart89

Agree completely.

I’ve never thought Solskjaer was good enough for United, but he’s done a better job than I thought he would.

He’s a good manager at setting up counter attacking footy. And with the right players he could still be a decent appointment somewhere.

My only disappointment with him here is that I think he should resign. Go out with class.
He can’t spend half a billion for the Norwegian NT though.

Anustart89

I feel for Ole.

Some of his quotes send you mad but he cares passionately about this club and he's outperformed expectations. If you told me at the end of 2018-2019 season that Ole would get us two top four finishes and a Europa League final then I'd have been amazed. He needs to go but the job he's done thus hasn't been too bad for the man from Molde.
Even if you were told that he’d been given £440m to spend?

R'hllor

Funny that, if Ole gets a sack lets see if the same bunch that were preaching about supporting a manager will do the same if the new guy is someone they really dont want/like. Guess it will be the same how shitters from JM acolyte group went into hiding and only coming out when there was a wave of criticism towards Ole.

Kurton

I think that's the sad truth, yeah. Mourinho had sucked the joy out of the club. It was toxic and rotten. Ole brought the feel-good vibes by being a Utd legend and letting players express themselves again. So, yeah, based on that, any ex-United
player could have done similar. It's like having strict boring teacher and then him going on holiday. Fun for a while until you realize you're not learning shit.
Fair enough, and that might have been the case indeed.

USREDEVIL

I feel for Ole.

Some of his quotes send you mad but he cares passionately about this club and he's outperformed expectations. If you told me at the end of 2018-2019 season that Ole would get us two top four finishes and a Europa League final then I'd have been amazed. He needs to go but the job he's done thus hasn't been too bad for the man from Molde.

Anyway the sad thing about all this is that Ole is coming a cropper by just not being good enough. There's no massive fall out. There's no showdown with the board or a clash of personalities. He's just not good enough to take us to where we need to belong. It's that simple really.
Yeah i agree. Doesn't need to be all dramatic. Only reason there's any drama is because of his status in the club. He did a fairly good job considering his prior experience. But it's like giving an amateur boxer a shot at the title.

HailtotheKing

A lot of us said this was going to happen, he keeps playing his favourites regardless if they are in poor form or their limbs are hanging off them.
Yeah, it's one of the dumbest things he could do. He does with McTominay, does it with Maguire. Both are not fit right now / and playing shit.

hobbers

But but but CAF told me he is an excellent man manager
Only excellent when they're "his guys". Much like most managers who are erroneously labelled good man managers. Even Mourinho used to be in that bracket.

Moonwalker

This board, these owners - had from December 2018 to March 2019 to extensively check CVs; analyse data, interview candidates, talk with agents, scout teams and managers, hold meetings, deliberate, presumably pick the brain of the greatest manager of all time, and finally... arrive at a decision regarding the next managerial appointment. The outcome of this laborious undertaking was them saying "Let's just give it to the caretaker guy; he smiles a lot and the team seems to have responded to him".

With hindsight (although I thought so at the time as well, albeit with far less certainty) this has proven to be a very bad decision, but I believe that all the higher ups (unlike the very unamazed and relentless Ole out crowd) are genuinely taken unawares by this start to the season. I really think this is a shock for them. They will, again, not know what to do or who to look to, if they should pull the trigger; and that just makes me apprehensive about what's to come.

Moonwalker

He is just making sure to keep a positive light on himself, fergie knows ole is done, his face on Sunday proved it.
His face was that of disappointment and dismay, which neither proves nor disproves anything because that's how most of us felt.

Irwin99

The aftermath of the City game or maybe the club waiting until December is looking the more likely outcome if this form continues, regardless of anyone's personal opinion. Imagine a new manager going into this run of fixtures for the next 6 weeks. Talk about a baptism of fire :nervous:

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He is just making sure to keep a positive light on himself, fergie knows ole is done, his face on Sunday proved it.
He's never going to call for Ole to be sacked even if he thinks he should in private. The same goes for Keane, Cantona, Schmeichel, Scholes, Giggs, Neville and whoever else is good friends with him. The decision at the end of the day is made by Woodward and the Glazers. If Ole's getting the sack there's nothing Fergie can do about it anyway. He's not going to ruin his 25 year friendship with Ole.

hungrywing

Someone on reddit is saying Lingard just liked an Oleout post on instagram (unconfirmed; sort comments in that link by 'new' it should still be near the top)

cherishhoseok

· 11m

jesse lingard just liked an oleout post on instagram if ole is still the manager during the spurs game the players might move mad
That's one of the weird things about Ole's time.

In an interview he admitted he was hands off for that period, he let Mckenna and Carrick decide what to do when he came in, we played a 433 and played very well, flowing football, new manager bounce is the obvious call. Ole started taking control of formations and tactics later and we tanked like a stone. At the same time we did get injuries to Herrera and Pogba and Matic and it was transpiring Herrera was not staying, it was maybe right to explore other tactics but that poor run from March to the end of the season getting beat by Cardiff continued into the next season where we climbed out the bottom half, the formation really only made sense when Bruno made it work. He's been the unofficial captain since he joined. We were in state from March to Dec.

While I'm really questionable of the staff I do wonder how much Ole is spoiling it all.
One really hopes the McKenna Carrick thing isn't too true and, if it is, that Ole has the intelligence and strength of character to point it out within the organization. Otherwise we'd end up throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Someone on reddit is saying Lingard just liked an Oleout post on instagram (unconfirmed; sort comments in that link by 'new' it should still be near the top)

One really hopes the McKenna Carrick thing isn't too true and, if it is, that Ole has the intelligence and strength of character to point it out within the organization. Otherwise we'd end up throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

UDontMessWith24

Have you been in that thread and read the discussion. Many posters feel the same but don’t need to lose their shit over it.
I have, and I’ve noticed the posters that were the most condescending to those that dared question the managers ability are ducking their receipts

Womp

idiot
Funny that, if Ole gets a sack lets see if the same bunch that were preaching about supporting a manager will do the same if the new guy is someone they really dont want/like. Guess it will be the same how shitters from JM acolyte group went into hiding and only coming out when there was a wave of criticism towards Ole.
I think as long as the manager does well and there is actual progression - everyone will be on board. Where all the disagreements spawn from is some people still being of the opinion that a manager needs 5 years to get a team playing some good football.

TheGame

I have, and I’ve noticed the posters that were the most condescending to those that dared question the managers ability are ducking their receipts
Well you can’t have been reading too closely as your response suggests you have no clue what the threat is about. If you are so determined to right wrongs why don’t you go and name the posters you are referring to and let them respond.

lex talionis

Back to Bailly, it’s beyond all belief that Ole went with an obviously unfit and out of form Maguire. The sooner we clean this mess up, the better, even if it means bringing in a caretaker manager to see this season through.

Winrar

Everything's unraveling at this point isn't it...

Even his supposed "strength" in man management is a complete joke if Bailly goes out to complain about half fit Maguire starting ahead of him and there's the whole shenanigans with VDB as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.