Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

UDontMessWith24

Well you can’t have been reading too closely as your response suggests you have no clue what the threat is about. If you are so determined to right wrongs why don’t you go and name the posters you are referring to and let them respond.
I have, and they didn’t. It’s not about righting wrongs, it’s about the fact that for over a year they talked down to people and insulted their intelligence with ridiculous bad faith arguments. This place was toxic because of them and now when the receipts show up they’re nowhere to be found. Seeing as most the handles end with the number 99 it’s possibly just one sad person with a handful of burner accounts.

Atheist

He’s not managed the signings or the squad players very well. Sancho isn’t being properly utilized and neither is VdB. You can pinpoint their performances as individuals being the reason they’re out of the team but it’s complete BS considering the same players stinking up the pitch keep getting picked.

chiz2kul

Crazy how emotions switch over literal weeks. Feels like yesterday when this place was bustling with him signing a new contract, Ronaldo coming in, the first couple games when everything was fluid. And now this.

What a beautiful game.

Strelok

Crazy how emotions switch over literal weeks. Feels like yesterday when this place was bustling with him signing a new contract, Ronaldo coming in, the first couple games when everything was fluid. And now this.

What a beautiful game.
It's not emotion for me. I was one of the bunch you're talking about. I was really excited when the season began, a bit skeptical about the Ronaldo signing though. But I've completedly lost my faith in Ole after the Everton game.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
He was there since late 2018. After 20/21 season with solid spending and many players shifted following his decisions, we had an extremely embarrassing Champions League group stage exit, failed to challenge for any domestic cup, lost Europe League final and finished the league yes, second, but on 74 points and miles behind champions. How on earth he was offered an extension, this must have been one of the most absurd decision of such kind in Premier League history.
Mind boggling. What did they think was gonna happen, PSG were gonna try to recruit him and we need to tie him down to a long deal? Ole would coach if his contact was week to week, what's the point?

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?

What a beautiful game.
For me he'd earned the benefit of the doubt but there were obvious improvements we needed to see at the start of the season. He's improved the squad considerably but it's clear he's not and, likely won't ever be, able to get the most out of them. On the back of the EL final debacle, starting the season like this means he's reached the end of his shortened leash. We need to move on fast or let sentimentality hold us back yet again.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

What a beautiful game.
Hmm not me at least. I thought his contract extension was completely absurd.

TheGame

I have, and they didn’t. It’s not about righting wrongs, it’s about the fact that for over a year they talked down to people and insulted their intelligence with ridiculous bad faith arguments. This place was toxic because of them and now when the receipts show up they’re nowhere to be found. Seeing as most the handles end with the number 99 it’s possibly just one sad person with a handful of burner accounts.
If you were personally insulted then clearly that’s unacceptable however if people were supporting the manager, then that would be their view. This has worked both ways with posters supporting the manager being treated like that and hounded upon. This place continues to remain toxic as can be seen from some of the posts across multiple threads.

TheGame

He’s not managed the signings or the squad players very well. Sancho isn’t being properly utilized and neither is VdB. You can pinpoint their performances as individuals being the reason they’re out of the team but it’s complete BS considering the same players stinking up the pitch keep getting picked.
The squad management has definitely been poor. Other managers rotate the squad frequently to ensure all playing and match fit in case needed upon in any game. Similar story with last season where the squad wasn’t utilised and the team burnt out at the end of the season. I’ve been really angry at the treatment ot VDB. The squad is also bloated and this means youngsters will not even get a chance to make the bench for games.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Funny that, if Ole gets a sack lets see if the same bunch that were preaching about supporting a manager will do the same if the new guy is someone they really dont want/like. Guess it will be the same how shitters from JM acolyte group went into hiding and only coming out when there was a wave of criticism towards Ole.
3 years since he was sacked and this is still repeated. Jose and his hardcore fans is a great love story.

Yeah will be interesting to see "back the manager" stance for the new manager.

I hope for once fanbase is United.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

If the plan is to hire Conte then maybe the board should wait until CL knockout stage is in the bag to sack Ole.

Don't think they'd fancy another Europa League trip

Red Rash

It really is time for Ole to go now. Even though he did ok in the last couple of seasons, with hindsight he hasn't shown himself to be a great manager.

The board have backed him in the transfer market and a lot of last season we were relying on individual brilliance from players like Bruno to win us games.

For too long he has shown a lack of tactical knowledge and stubborness in team selection always choosing the same players no matter how bad they play.

I don't even really feel sorry for Ole as he keeps playing the likes of Maguire, Fred and McTominay no matter how bad they play. It's really unfair on some of the other players in the squad.

I think we just have to admit Ole will never be good enough to have us challenging for titles and move on.

R'hllor

3 years since he was sacked and this is still repeated. Jose and his hardcore fans is a great love story.

Never gonna happen, for that, people need stop picking their guy, move all on the same side and draw a line of expectation/standards and no matter who the fecking manager is, it cant go below that line. No more, they need 3 windows to replace deadwood, they need to bring their players and similar shit, lets see first can you improve those great/very good/good/shit players just a bit, can you improve the team on the pitch, can you implement a vision and idea how to play actual football, before anything. Only in United years are needed to pass for some shit to be judged or improvements to be expected.

Sadly, its time for support to be earned a bit, give him/her time to settle and after certain period ( not 3 years and 600mil. later), lets see if we gonna wonder every game what they doing on a training pitch in a match day threads or not.

Instead, everything will probably be the same, just different manager with different bunch of obnoxious pricks on their high horses backing him up.

KD6-3.7

I like Conte as a coach but honestly I’d actually prefer Mancini.

but it’s definitely time for Ole to go especially so we can salvage the rest of the season.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Funny that, if Ole gets a sack lets see if the same bunch that were preaching about supporting a manager will do the same if the new guy is someone they really dont want/like. Guess it will be the same how shitters from JM acolyte group went into hiding and only coming out when there was a wave of criticism towards Ole.
I never went hiding. :wenger:

Never gonna happen, for that, people need stop picking their guy, move all on the same side and draw a line of expectation/standards and no matter who the fecking manager is, it cant go below that line. No more, they need 3 windows to replace deadwood, they need to bring their players and similar shit, lets see first can you improve those great/very good/good/shit players just a bit, can you improve the team on the pitch, can you implement a vision and idea how to play actual football, before anything. Only in United years are needed to pass for some shit to be judged or improvements to be expected.

Sadly, its time for support to be earned a bit, give him/her time to settle and after certain period ( not 3 years and 600mil. later), lets see if we gonna wonder every game what they doing on a training pitch in a match day threads or not.

Instead, everything will probably be the same, just different manager with different bunch of obnoxious pricks on their high horses backing him up.
Bang on mate. Conte is low on my list, I’m not a fan of his style but he’s a winner and sometimes all you can do in life is pick the best possible and hope for the best. My thoughts are for once we should get a modern, attacking manager like Ten Hag in.
That said, I’ll be right behind Conte regardless if that’s what we get and I hope the likes of @Wumminator will be also, the last thing we need is fans crying they didn’t get their favourite manager in or that “he doesn’t know the United way” blah blah blah.

If he can’t get us looking like a drilled unit by the Summer, I’ll be asking questions. Same would be said if it was Ten Hag.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

I give every manager credit in first season if i see famous "progress" (so i can forgive lack of trophies in that season). After that he must do what man on biggest football job in the world must do; be excellent in it.
When he stops being good for club; bye.
Club is only who deserves unlimited support no matter what. Players,owners, CEO, cook, tea lady, manager....have support while doing their job right and by standard of Man Utd.
Jose, Ole, Lvg, Conte, Pogba, McT, Martial.....no matter who is the manager or player and what i personally feel about them; when they start to hurt the club, i want them gone.

So, to be again clear; i loved Jose and i still do and i think he did good in 2 seasons BUT in 3rd season i wanted him gone.

JG3001

A lot of us said this was going to happen, he keeps playing his favourites regardless if they are in poor form or their limbs are hanging off them.
Rashford, Maguire, Martial, Fred, Pogba, Shaw, Lindelof, Mctominay, Bruno, arguably De Gea have all played through large spells of injury, fatigue and/or poor form over the past 2 seasons.

Doubly annoying when the manager was adamant he wouldn’t have favourites when he joined. Just reinforces the narrative on here that he depends on certain players bailing him out, and now it’s finally backfired.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Whitwell: "The dressing room likes Solskjaer but many feel he should go now"

That's pretty damning and I hope the club don't prolong this any longer because I do like Solskjaer and would hate to see him ridiculed further.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

That's pretty damning and I hope the club don't prolong this any longer because I do like Solskjaer and would hate to see him ridiculed further.
This is literally just prolonging sacking. And by that wasting time in saving season. Don't understand decision. At all

wolvored

What a beautiful game.
Dont know the place was bustling about offering him a new contract. I was sceptical and so were a load of others. They should have given a 12 month extention, if they had to give him anything, with the offer of a bigger contract if/when he won a big trophy.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers

Why should he not be rideculed further? He set himself up in this situation. He wedged his way in when Utd were lost. You have to seperate player from manager. Ole will always be a Utd hero as a player. Ole, as a manager, deserves no sympathy.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It hurts me so much to see what's happened to Ole.

I can still remember my young self, crumbled on the floor in agony, watching the clock tick over into 89 minutes against Bayern Munich in 1999. The change that four minutes made, the change Ole made, and to think there were rumours at the start of the season that Spurs were in for him.

I can think of fewer things I want to see more in football than Solskjaer lift a trophy as our coach. He's been, from pretty much the start, one of us and Rob Lee's ankles will attest to that. It was like seeing a fan on the pitch. This kid from nowhere (sorry Norwegians but it really did feel like we got him from nowhere) came in, was our top scorer in his first season and continued to grab vital goals for us. I can still remember how happy I was when he scored against Charlton at the start of 2006-07. I really thought he was back. Him retiring at the end of that season was sad for me. The way he cried at his testimonial. The guy lives and breathes Man Utd. I wanted, I still want, him to succeed so much.

But this pressure is something he has brought on himself. Nobody forced him to go for kamikaze 424 tactics with spread out lines. There is nothing remotely compact or stable about our defensive shape. Its easy to break through. Our lines are so far apart, our midfielders spend so much time chasing that there's acres of space to play in. And that's on him. We've been warned, over and over and over. The bad results in the league. The close calls in Europe. He's been warned and he's made the choice not to tighten it up. We know its a choice to because we've seen him, on four different occasions, beat Pep with tight, organised lines and quick counter attacking football. Ole can coach the team differently than he's doing now but he's deciding not to. Who's to blame for that except him?

You cannot lose at home 5-0 to Liverpool and expect there to be no consequences. Ole knows that. He's been at or around United long enough to know that. Its our worse loss against them since 1925, basically 100 years, and it happened at Old Trafford in front of our own fans. There's nothing you can say to defend that. And claiming, as he did, that at home a Man Utd team needs to be on the front foot is no excuse. We were punished for a suicidal approach to the game and you can only put that on the coach who decided on it. There was no reason to change United from a fairly good counter attacking team into a pathetically bad pressing team.

These stories only highlight that the Board has no faith in him. He's holding the fort just cos they haven't decided who they want to replace him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Why should he not be rideculed further? He set himself up in this situation. He wedged his way in when Utd were lost. You have to seperate player from manager. Ole will always be a Utd hero as a player. Ole (as a manager) deserves no sympathy.
I said I would hate to see him ridiculed further and didn't say anyone else couldn't. If you want to ridicule him go ahead it won't affect me.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Show the man respect? How about that he shows some respect and resigns? After he got a chance that he didn't deserve (well based on his CV, he didn't), he got maximum backing and 3 years time and in return won nothing.
He deserves to be bashed and treated without any respect. Yesterday he had a chance to go like a man. He decided to wait for sack.
So.....feck him and his legendary status. As a player he is still a legend but as a coach ultimate disaster.
Get a grip fella and control yourself. Your post comes across really badly. Like a spoilt little child throwing a tantrum.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Why should he not be rideculed further? He set himself up in this situation. He wedged his way in when Utd were lost. You have to seperate player from manager. Ole will always be a Utd hero as a player. Ole, as a manager, deserves no sympathy.
Why does he need to be ridiculed at all? Criticized is ok, but why the need for ridicule? I don't get it.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This is literally just prolonging sacking. And by that wasting time in saving season. Don't understand decision. At all
Whitwell has explained in his latest piece that things are moving slowly due to Joel Glazer, who is the one that has to give the go ahead to dismiss Solskjaer.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He's clearly lost the dressing room and is allowed to continue probably because we don't know to replace him with. Joke.

It hurts me so much to see what's happened to Ole.
He’s been handed the job of his dreams for 3 years, an opportunity he never in his wildest dreams thought possible whilst sat in the Molde dugout in 2018.
He’s had a pay rise from £400,000 /year at Molde to £7.5 million / year, if he leaves now he’ll receive a pay off of almost 20 million quid.

I wouldn’t hurt for him, he got a great opportunity and had some highs and low, ultimately he’ll remember his time here well.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Why does he need to be ridiculed at all? Criticized is ok, but why the need for ridicule? I don't get it.
I re-used a verb from Adnan in reply to his comment. Ole deserves to be judged on results.

rpitchfo

Too many leaks from players saying they want him gone. When this squad was assembled for 100s of millions of pounds there is only one outcome.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I give every manager credit in first season if i see famous "progress" (so i can forgive lack of trophies in that season). After that he must do what man on biggest football job in the world must do; be excellent in it.
When he stops being good for club; bye.
Club is only who deserves unlimited support no matter what. Players,owners, CEO, cook, tea lady, manager....have support while doing their job right and by standard of Man Utd.
Jose, Ole, Lvg, Conte, Pogba, McT, Martial.....no matter who is the manager or player and what i personally feel about them; when they start to hurt the club, i want them gone.

So, to be again clear; i loved Jose and i still do and i think he did good in 2 seasons BUT in 3rd season i wanted him gone.
So do you respect Jose?

L_O_S_T

At this moment in time, OLE has already built the house he is standing upon and he can only either watch as it stands proud or crumble to dust.

3 seasons on and there are no more excuses left for him, he has had time to rebuild the squad, he has had time to set up whatever foundations he needed and he is the one who decides the team and the strategy for each match. By now he should have already known what to expect from each player, and how he expects the squad to play.

If he starts changing anything drastic now, it will only continue show how clueless he is or was. And it will only feed the narrative that he really does not have any idea on where he is going with the team. Fans will continue to pile on the pressure and players will only continue to lose confidence with such a manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.