Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
He’s been handed the job of his dreams for 3 years, an opportunity he never in his wildest dreams thought possible whilst sat in the Molde dugout in 2018.
He’s had a pay rise from £400,000 /year at Molde to £7.5 million / year, if he leaves now he’ll receive a pay off of almost 20 million quid.

I wouldn’t hurt for him, he got a great opportunity and had some highs and low, ultimately he’ll remember his time here well.
I feel sorry for him in the sense that he's getting sacked from the club he loves and he didnt win anything, which probably hurts him more than any of us, but at the same time he had a dream job fall square into his lap and he can retire now and live like a king the rest of his life

At this point its clear Ole is a mercenary, he doesn't care about the club. He only cares about money.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It’s an absolute farce that we’re letting this continue but not surprising at all.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
At this point its clear Ole is a mercenary, he doesn't care about the club. He only cares about money.
Cut the BS, please. It's perfectly fathomable that he believes within himself that he can turn it around for the club. Even if that's wrong, it doesn't make him a mercenary.
It's fine to be Ole out but cut the hyperbole and character assassination.

romufc

Most managers are, he actus like he cars about the club. He wouldnt not be here after these defeats if he actually cared.

Cut the BS, please. It's perfectly fathomable that he believes within himself that he can turn it around for the club. Even if that's wrong, it doesn't make him a mercenary.
It's fine to be Ole out but cut the hyperbole and character assassination.
If he cared about the club he would show a bit of dignity and resign.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Mercenary? Would you voluntarily quit your job without collecting the release fee from your employer?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If he cared about the club he would show a bit of dignity and resign.
That's your opinion. But in his view he firmly believes in the foundations they've built and wants to see it through to success.
You can say Ole out, you can say he's a bad manager, whatever. But don't for a second insinuate he doesn't care for the club. Well you can say it, but it's complete and utter tripe.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
That's your opinion. But in his view he firmly believes in the foundations they've built and wants to see it through to success.
You can say Ole out, you can say he's a bad manager, whatever. But don't for a second insinuate he doesn't care for the club. Well you can say it, but it's complete and utter tripe.
This. He's not the type to quit. He'll fight until the end.

IWat

No one in their right mind leaves 20 million on the table. You're among the best posters, but I think this is an unreasonable expectation.
This. I like where I work for example, it has some great people. But you can be damn sure if you give me the option of walking for nothing or sitting around and getting a redundancy package. I'm going to do the latter, and so would pretty much anyone with a rational brain on the planet.

He didn't put a gun to the clubs head and force them, they've given him the contract, point the blame there.

redshaw

Is the payoff too much right now for Glazer?

We could miss more if we don't get top four, we still have a good chance but there's a lot of damage, player stats are on the floor for tackles etc.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
Rubbish. Ole can care for the club and can love a payoff even more. Not only that, he probably cares for the manager seat more than he cares for the good of the club. It's not rocket science.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Rubbish. Ole can care for the club and can love a payoff even more. Not only that, he probably cares for the manager seat more than he cares for the good of the club. It's not rocket science.
As plausible as that might be, it's not accurate. So feck off with the conspiracies.

IWat

As plausible as that might be, it's not accurate. So feck off with the conspiracies.
What conspiracies? He's an employee of a business, of course he's going to think about it if he feels his performance is going to lead him out the door. If he didn't, he sure as heck shouldn't be managing a team. It's life changing money for him, he didn't play in the era of everyone getting £100k+ a week.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Not fair on Ole. If he leaves the job then most probably it will never happen again for him. So I don’t blame him for believing he can turn it around

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What conspiracies? He's an employee of a business, of course he's going to think about it if he feels his performance is going to lead him out the door. If he didn't, he sure as heck shouldn't be managing a team. It's life changing money for him, he didn't play in the era of everyone getting £100k+ a week.
This lazy assumption that he weights the monetary pay-out higher than the interest of the club. That's just mental gymnastics. What is far more accurate and likely is that he's not resigning because he knows he had the team in good momentum before season's start, has gone through turbulent periods before and thinks he can navigate this one too for us to come out stronger.

Obviously he's wrong, but to suggest that the latter isn't his thought process whatsoever is bizarre. People on the caf are so emotional, lazily just name calling club legends as mercenaries because they're angry and confused our board cant do their job and end the suffering themselves.

reddevil1510

The man survives anything. Have never seen a luckier guy on the face of planet earth. We will end up winning Spurs and City and he will get a new contract !!

Biggins

I really doubt it is about money. Ole is an ex professional footballer who is not used to quitting. We all see that he is not the answer but he probably still thinks that he can be a success here despite the odds. It is just a nature and mentality of top-flight sportsmen.

MUFC OK

3 seasons on and there are no more excuses left for him, he has had time to rebuild the squad, he has had time to set up whatever foundations he needed and he is the one who decides the team and the strategy for each match. By now he should have already known what to expect from each player, and how he expects the squad to play.

If he starts changing anything drastic now, it will only continue show how clueless he is or was. And it will only feed the narrative that he really does not have any idea on where he is going with the team. Fans will continue to pile on the pressure and players will only continue to lose confidence with such a manager.
Both of the bolded parts should be established facts at this point. He's literally winged it with good vibes and counterattacking football.

That pitiful attempt at pressing was as embarrassing as the result. It's the arrogance for me - that he thought we could implement that against Liverpool clearly without having worked on it.

Saying "we're going to press today" without any idea of how to do it, is a bit like saying "we're going to compete for the title this year" without any idea of how to do it.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Before the Liverpool game, I said I could see him go on an okay run if his favorites pick up form. I didn't expect him to deviate from playing on the counter in big games. He's clearly lost the other players so he won't change his line up now, and I think it'll rub off on Bruno, Ronaldo, etc. One shit goal conceded and they will be thinking: "here we go again". That must be detrimental to performances.

Bailly/Matic/VDB/Telles have put in better performances in their limited game time this season than Maguire/Shaw/McFred. (the CAF ratings confirm this, with exception of Telles who made a big mistake in his one game)

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
Not fair on Ole. If he leaves the job then most probably it will never happen again for him. So I don’t blame him for believing he can turn it around
Let's go by common consensus. Everybody in the footballing world and every fan - bar some here or there - knows he cannot win trophies at Utd. That he is not competent enough. Him believing he can improve, is a crazy concept. The fact that Ole is carrying this disease like belief in his cranium is a horrific scenario. Not blaming him for believing is like not blaming religious fundamentalists for believing in the Rapture or whatever.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Before the Liverpool game, I said I could see him go on an okay run if his favorites pick up form. I didn't expect him to deviate from playing on the counter in big games. He's clearly lost the other players so he won't change his line up now, and I think it'll rub off on Bruno, Ronaldo, etc. One shit goal conceded and they will be thinking: "here we go again". That must be detrimental to performances.

Bailly/Matic/VDB/Telles have put in better performances in their limited game time this season than Maguire/Shaw/McFred. (the CAF ratings confirm this, with exception of Telles who made a big mistake in his one game)
That's all valid - and you can critique his coaching, his management, his approach. But it frustrates me when people name call mercenary just because they're annoyed at him or the club for not sacking him. Fecking idiot posts.

He's going to get the sack, it's inevitable. We just have to wait. This is fully on the board though - 7 day break and they won't do it now. Bet they do it during a congested run and we're panicking for results with a game every 3 days.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Let's go by common consensus. Everybody in the footballing world and every fan - bar some here or there - knows he cannot win trophies at Utd. That he is not competent enough. Him believing he can improve, is a crazy concept. The fact that Ole is carrying this disease like belief in his cranium is a horrific scenario. Not blaming him for believing is like not blaming religious fundamentalists for believing in the Rapture or whatever.
:lol:

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I really doubt it is about money. Ole is an ex professional footballer who is not used to quitting. We all see that he is not the answer but he probably still thinks that he can be a success here despite the odds. It is just a nature and mentality of top-flight sportsmen.
It's the mentality of most managers. In their mind they are paid to do a job and they will do it until the club tells them otherwise. To suggest that he doesn't care about the club is insane.

Robbie Boy

As per Whitehall's article: "some players and staff want him out". I mean there's literally zero reason to persist at this point, yet here we are.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
That's all valid - and you can critique his coaching, his management, his approach. But it frustrates me when people name call mercenary just because they're annoyed at him or the club for not sacking him. Fecking idiot posts.

He's going to get the sack, it's inevitable. We just have to wait. This is fully on the board though - 7 day break and they won't do it now. Bet they do it during a congested run and we're panicking for results with a game every 3 days.
Got ya, my point was that he's misguided in thinking he can get us on back on track. The odds of his favorites picking up form or Ole getting the players he's frozen out to play for him are too slim.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
As per Whitehall's article: "some players and staff want him out". I mean there's literally zero reason to persist at this point, yet here we are.
The remaining hope is that the Board are delaying while they actively tie down a successor. It’s the only possibility that makes sense. Otherwise I don’t see how they expect this to work out. Would Ole suddenly win the players and staff over again? Would he improve dramatically as a coach just because he’s under pressure? Or is the Board going to sell every player and staff member that wants him out?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
You do understand that Manchester United will have to compensate Ole if they fire him for the value of his contract regardless if he's here or not?

Look at it this way: How much backbone do you need to have to show up for work still thinking you can turn this around while everyone are out to get you? Probably quite a lot.

In my view, the position has become untenable and will take a miracle to rescue, but this amount of disrespect is unbecoming.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
The remaining hope is that the Board are delaying while they actively tie down a successor. It’s the only possibility that makes sense. Otherwise I don’t see how they expect this to work out. Would Ole suddenly win the players and staff over again? Would he improve dramatically as a coach just because he’s under pressure? Or is the Board going to sell every player and staff member that wants him out?
I think that's what's happening. The club are delaying the inevitable because they don't have the next man lined up yet. They know there's next to zero chance of him turning around, once the manager losing the players it's curtains.

ShinjiNinja26

If he’s lost the dressing room then the players will simply down tools against Spurs. It’s a fecking pointless exercise, why throw any more points down the drain?

Status
Not open for further replies.