Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Mage

The fanbase/club is in such a toxic place right now, fans turning on each other, fans turning on Ole, fans turning on the current sets of players and the class of 92. Numerous oppo fans mocking us.

Just a disappointing time for the club all around.

I’m looking forward to the weekend, and that’s not because I hope we lose, I want the team to play well and us to win a game of football. Just so we can try and forget the shit time we’re having right now. The fact we may not actually play well and win is another matter. I just want to forget the shite we’re in and watch the team that we all love to support for 90+minutes & hopefully win a league game for once.
We've been in this toxic cycle for eight years with four different managers. Ole is succumbing to a similarly humiliating demise to Moyes and it's sad to see yes. If we want to avoid being in this position again with a new manager in two or three years time, we need actual football brains in our boardroom and a proper DOF too, but we ain't getting that so this cycle will continue.

Stepney73

The fanbase/club is in such a toxic place right now, fans turning on each other, fans turning on Ole, fans turning on the current sets of players and the class of 92. Numerous oppo fans mocking us.

I’m looking forward to the weekend, and that’s not because I hope we lose, I want the team to play well and us to win a game of football. Just so we can try and forget the shit time we’re having right now. The fact we may not actually play well and win is another matter. I just want to forget the shite we’re in and watch the team that we all love to support for 90+minutes & hopefully win a league game for once.
This is the root of our problem.

A good proportion of our fan base are still stuck in the past and what gives the CO92 any special input that should be listened to above any other former player as none of them are employed by the club nor have any of them become top class coaches or managers(you can throw ole in there as well).
I bet there are still fans who think ole should be moved upstairs because his signings have been excellent which they haven’t.
Hopefully this experience with ole will finally break this nostalgic bootroom mentality and just employ the best people on and off the pitch even if they’ve never set foot in Old Trafford before.

Last edited:

The Oracle

The very least you expect in a match against your fiercest rivals, is for the player's to actually try

There was a moment in the first half when there was an opportunity (approaching Liverpool's box), for Rashford to have a run at Van Dijk with the ball.
Rashford saw Van Dijk and completely bailed out. He simply didn't fancy it.
I couldn't believe what I saw.
No confidence, no bravery, and ultimately no balls.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The very least you expect in a match against your fiercest rivals, is for the player's to actually try

There was a moment in the first half when there was an opportunity (approaching Liverpool's box), for Rashford to have a run at Van Dijk with the ball.
Rashford saw Van Dijk and completely bailed out. He simply didn't fancy it.
I couldn't believe what I saw.
No confidence, no bravery, and ultimately no balls.
Problem with statement like this is that you have to back it up the next game.

Disappointment, try again, etc is good if you win the next match, but it feels like lame if you keep on losing the next game.

Devil’s Trident

Meanwhile at the training ground

Ole - so this is what I get after assembling you all ?
Squad - 25m ?
Ole - shut up you overpaid cnuts
Squad - ha

Red Star One

Loving Marcus but it’s such a pointless tweet. We’ve heard that already too many times.

Everytime I see Ole's face, I now think of Liverpool stopping their play after 50 minutes to spare us a whupping.

FFS. I can't deal with it. After 3 good-ish years, this will be the memory I have of his managerial career at United.

How is he still the manager when I, as a fan, can't even look at him?
I think in the future looking back at Ole’s tenure here we will surely have respect from him and love him for the fact he came after toxicity of Jose, but not many will rate it as even goodish

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.

It really is! Such a toxic environment right now

Tom Van Persie

No relation
If you read his article he isn’t calling for him to be sacked. Yet.
"Judging on the Liverpool match, Solskjaer isn't the right man to take the club forward," he told Betfair. "For some fans that's the most important game of the season and we want to beat Liverpool maybe more than we want to beat City.

"That being said, we have to look at the bigger picture and there are a lot more games to come, if they don't win the next couple of matches then Ole is going to be in major trouble," he told Betfair.

"I have read the latest reports saying that his job is secure for now, but if he loses the next couple then he is going to have a difficult time justifying his position and I won't be surprised if they have already started looking for someone to speak to in case he loses the next couple of matches.

Robbie Boy

It really is! Such a toxic environment right now
I mean, it's a fecking shambles. Ole is literally seen as a meme by oppo fans. One comment I saw yesterday from a City fan was: "Please Spurs, do God's work and let United win on Saturday".

OmarUnited4ever

You can't call fair criticisms of the manager and the players toxicity!! The team this season didn't do well overall, struggled a lot and it resulted poor form, which then culminated to a home thrashing by an arch-rival.

Fans have limits on accepting such situation, think of the game going fans, who spend their hard-earned money supporting this club, and they are served this bile of crap performances and results, think of how they feel when scouse fans singing (Ole at the Wheel) mocking them while losing 5 nil! if they turn on the manager and the players, then this is expected, you can't call toxic!

owlo

I think it's less toxic than some weeks ago now. Most are pulling in the same direction and in agreement.

Robbie Boy

Rodgers was sacked by Liverpool in 2015 with 12 points from 8 played. We are currently 14 points from 9. Koeman was sacked yesterday with 15 points from 10 games.

It defies actual belief that he kept his job after Sunday. Furthermore, all the 'fans' still bleating on about backing him, as though they are some moral compass for fandom, need a reality check. Not understanding just how humiliating it is to lose 5 nil to Liverpool at Old Trafford, makes me question whether you 'get' the club at all. So while you may think it makes you look like some 'super fan', it's actually doing the exact opposite. No true supporter could possibly want him to stay on, given the absolute circus it is causing around the club.

redshaw

Loving Marcus but it’s such a pointless tweet. We’ve heard that already too many times.

I think in the future looking back at Ole’s tenure here we will surely have respect from him and love him for the fact he came after toxicity of Jose, but not many will rate it as even goodish
Time will have to tell on these players and could really change how Ole is viewed. Has the potential to be a really expensive mess, some with major flaws and other surplus that simply have to let go or written off.

The Oracle

Rodgers was sacked by Liverpool in 2015 with 12 points from 8 played. We are currently 14 points from 9. Koeman was sacked yesterday with 15 points from 10 games.

It defies actual belief that he kept his job after Sunday. Furthermore, all the 'fans' still bleating on about backing him, as though they are some moral compass for fandom, need a reality check. Not understanding just how humiliating it is to lose 5 nil to Liverpool at Old Trafford, makes me question whether you 'get' the club at all. So while you may think it makes you look like some 'super fan', it's actually doing the exact opposite. No true supporter could possibly want him to stay on, given the absolute circus it is causing around the club.
As each day goes by since Sunday, it is becoming more apparent that the only clause that the board have in Ole's contract regarding early termination of his services; is if the team fail to make the Top 4 in the league.

theklr

It defies actual belief that he kept his job after Sunday.
I guess the club doesnt want to leave the squad in a vacuum when 3 difficult games comes up and they have noone lined up, amateurish as they are.

And could be even worse having a new manager potentially start really bad.

And there is always contract and legal details to be figured out when hiring a new manager.

Normally an interim manager would be appointed, but as the criticism seems to be towards the coaching staff as well they probably think it wouldnt help anything.

Unless he by some miracle dominates and win handsomely the next three games he is 100% gone.

So its understandable they dont sack him just yet , as stupid as it looks.

Robbie Boy

I guess the club doesnt want to leave the squad in a vacuum when 3 difficult games comes up and they have noone lined up, amateurish as they are.

And could be even worse having a new manager potentially start really bad.

And there is always contract and legal details to be figured out when hiring a new manager.

Normally an interim manager would be appointed, but as the criticism seems to be towards the coaching staff as well they probably think it wouldnt help anything.

Unless he by some miracle dominates and win handsomely the next three games he is 100% gone.

So its understandable they dont sack him just yet , as stupid as it looks.
I was of the thought train that we should certainly bide our time with any potential new manager etc. However, I hadn't envisaged the absolute shit-show of a week that we had.

Listen, what you said makes perfect sense. But, the fact it looks like he's lost a portion of the dressing room and him staying on, is creating a circus around the club, makes me fully believe he should have been dismissed on Monday morning. I wouldn't care if Carrick or Fletcher had to take the reigns until the international break.

Ole staying on is creating a farcical situation: there are constant leaks coming from the club and this whole '3 games to save his job' rhetoric is beyond ludicrous. The time to act was Monday. What if he pulls out some results over the next 3? No doubt our clueless Board will give him until after the international break to further 'prove himself'. The situation is totally untenable and the man has become an absolute meme to the media and rival fans. He's actively hurting himself and the club by his continued appointment. It's clear as day thst it's over. Rodgers was sacked after a 1-1 at Goodison, literally a day later.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

Let this sink in. We have lower standards than Liverpool when they hadn't won the title for 30 years.

red4ever 79

As each day goes by since Sunday, it is becoming more apparent that the only clause that the board have in Ole's contract regarding early termination of his services; is if the team fail to make the Top 4 in the league.
Looks like it. Fortunately we live in a world where fans can voice their opinion in a more transparent way, whether that is through social media or walking out of the ground during the match.

Robbie Boy

Any notion that he is 'the man' for the job is absolutely bonkers at this point. It's gone so far beyond that, that you would have to be a serious romantic to think otherwise.

kerryman

I think they will go with a caretaker until the summer then go after Ten Hag.
That's exactly what Utd should be doing. There will be a much better choice of managers at the end of season. We really should be going all out for someone like Ten Hag who has a great footballing philosophy and whose team play attractive football. He has Ajax going toe to toe with the best in Europe on a much smaller budget. I don't think any of the managers available now are the right fit. We really need to get the right man in this time. Look at how Liverpool and Chelsea are progressing now under Klopp and Tuchel. It took Klopp a while to find success at Liverpool but he had the pedigree and had been successful at Dortmund and you could see progress at least. We look as disjointed and inconsistent as ever after 3 seasons with Ole in charge. Ole should only have ever been a caretaker himself. He should never have been considered for the permanent job with his experience, what other top club in Europe would have hired him on his credentials prior to the Utd job? Yes, none...even if he's available I doubt there is a team in the EPL who would be keen on him. He hasn't shown that he has any tactical acumen or style that he wants to play in.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
I don"t think it will be a caretaker with so much of the season to play. The coaching team needs replaced. I feel certain a new manager will come after the city game. If Ole loses to Spurs then a caretaker might happen for a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.