Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojan11

2-0 down to Cardiff and couldn’t beat Huddersfield when we had something to play for whilst they been easily one of the worst teams in the leagues history.

Skills

Snitch
Is it the fans appointing and sacking managers now? Thought it was down to Woodward but must have missed something.

Oh yeah, right, if we booed and whistled the managers things would be fine. The problem does not lie with Woodward then.
No just don't sing Moyes' Boys, LvGs Red Army and whatever Mourinho's shit song was as an act of defiance, whenever it seems like the club is about to feck them off. That would help.

dove

Can’t do it, it would look terrible to sack him now. We’re stuck with this mistake for until the end now of the year. Though the way we’re going he won’t make it to November, let alone the new year.
Of course, we never make smart decisions and we won't make one now. We will waste another season, more money and eventually sack him. All this could have been easily avoided by not offering him a permanent job but that made way too much sense for our board. Now we are stuck with someone who has no idea what he is doing here.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I just can’t see the club doing that. He’s a club legend, it would be a ridiculously ruthless move to sack him after 2 months. Besides, the owners were too tight to pay 40m for Pochettino, can you see them buying out the rest of Ole’s contract, mere weeks after paying 8m to Molde? Then having to face up to paying the 40m they weren’t prepared to pay Spurs in the first place? That kind of financial decision isn’t going to go down well in the board room.

I think it’s certainly a risk. He’s an unknown quantity, how could it not be? I personally wanted Pochettino, but would he even come to us now? We basically chose Ole over him.

So you’d sack Ole today? Then what?
They would admire themselves for having sacked the manager with no follow on plan.

Kapardin

I've got nothing against Rashford as he has been poorly managed post LVG season; however Rashford & Greenwood have the ability to play as direct forwards playing from angles from outwide whilst a player like martial plays better finding gaps in the middle trying to interlink attacks within gaps more centrally.

Just very annoying that a manager can't see this.
Tbh, his sucking up to local youth and Rashford in particular has been his worst trait. No meritocracy whatsoever. Sure, Martial deserves the stick he gets, but judge every player, local or not, with the same yardstick.

Castia

He says the right things, I’m buzzing every time I hear him speak.

The players come out and give us the ‘we must do better’ bullshit every week.

Then on match day they all fail to deliver, it’s a massive sham. The club is in crisis from top to bottom.

Champagne Football

Could we shift his role to technical director? So that we don't lose millions from sacking him? So that hiring Pochettino does not become impossible to afford?

Bojan11

I just can’t see the club doing that. He’s a club legend, it would be a ridiculously ruthless move to sack him after 2 months. Besides, the owners were too tight to pay 40m for Pochettino, can you see them buying out the rest of Ole’s contract, mere weeks after paying 8m to Molde? Then having to face up to paying the 40m they weren’t prepared to pay Spurs in the first place? That kind of financial decision isn’t going to go down well in the board room.

I think it’s certainly a risk. He’s an unknown quantity, how could it not be? I personally wanted Pochettino, but would he even come to us now? We basically chose Ole over him.

So you’d sack Ole today? Then what?
What do you mean then what? Get someone capable.

Unless you wanna go the LVG and Mourinho route where giving him £200m again to waste. Then we have to reset again in a year. We can’t even beat some of the worst teams in the league.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Shocking form. You can’t blame fitness on Cardiff and Huddersfield. Something died in the fecking changing room.

BlueHaze

Turned the game off. Final straw for me. 0-2 against Cardiff at home. I've had my doubts but still maintained the opinion he should be given the summer but even I give up now. Keep him and we'll fight for 10th place.

MrSingh2002

It was never this bad under Moyes, you’re not wrong, this is the worst we’ve been since SAF retired.
An absolute disgrace.
To blame it on fitness is a poor excuse. I don't mind if he's sacked tonight. Playing Jones, Smalling and Young and expecting an improvement says it all. Get rid of this romantic fool.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He says the right things, I’m buzzing every time I hear him speak.

The players come out and give us the ‘we must do better’ bullshit every week.

Then on match day they all fail to deliver, it’s a massive sham. The club is in crisis from top to bottom.
The players need to shut the feck up really.

el3mel

Yeah I'm starting to get on the board of sacking him and trying with Poch. No shame, I was wrong before.

Jev

Yeah, don't like saying this but we need to strongly consider whether we trust him to take us forward. You simply have to ask Poch at this point, if we haven't already.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
He's a completely inept manager at this level of football. Giving him the permanent contract looks like an even more stupid decision than giving Moyes six years now.

Kostur

海尔的老板
No just don't sing Moyes' Boys, LvGs Red Army and whatever Mourinho's shit song was as an act of defiance, whenever it seems like the club is about to feck them off. That would help.
Wait what, so the fans singing songs backing up is now stopping fecking Woodward from using his tiny brain? Should we also just stop singing players' songs to show everybody that they are fecking shit? (I wouldn't mind that, on a second thought)

Also what does it mean that 'whenever it seems like the club is about'? So whenever there're some rumours in the press? Like those we've had over a year ago that we're just about to appoint a DOF?

Jacob

Managers have been sacked for far less. Squad is shite but not losing 8 out of 12 shite.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
What do you mean then what? Get someone capable.

Unless you wanna go the LVG and Mourinho route where giving him £200m again to waste. Then we have to reset again in a year. We can’t even beat some of the worst teams in the league.
Any names?

PeteManic

Who gave him the contract? What was the point in all objective seriousness? The narrative about stability for new signings is crap - no one will want to go to United next year now anyhow!

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Echoing what was said above, this the worst we've been since SAF and that in itself should be food for thought. It's absolutely on the board too for hiring the guy full-time. Ole is doing his best but it's clearly not good enough. Regatdkess of whether it's a player or manager fault, the main losers are the fans.

HisDudeness

Supports
Rangers
he may step down... if it's too tough.

it'll depend on the window success

Hawks2008

Don't worry guys he will be fine, He knows the club, still calls Fergie 'gaffer', and has nicknames for 'Rashy' and 'Jonah'.

Treble incoming.

Hamadovich86

Another shit performance from this group of players under the fourth manager in six seasons and the first thought some have is to sack the manager again. Get rid of Young, Smalling and Jones and replace them with proper players and see the difference.

Skills

Snitch
Wait what, so the fans singing songs backing up is now stopping fecking Woodward from using his tiny brain? Should we also just stop singing players' songs to show everybody that they are fecking shit? (I wouldn't mind that, on a second thought)

Also what does it mean that 'whenever it seems like the club is about'? So whenever there're some rumours in the press? Like those we've had over a year ago that we're just about to appoint a DOF?
Yeah the paying customers defiantly backing the status quo has a huge influence on the clubs willingness to make a change.

Nordskog

Big fan of him as a player and person so I was willing to give him a chance despite his unimpressive coaching CV thus far but he has to go. The question is who replaces him? I’ve got no doubt any attempt to lure Poch will result in Woodward bottling it with another Disneyland-like pitch.

dove

Mourinho won multiple CLs and a treble and still got sacked.
Mourinho being the wrong choice doesn't make Ole the right one. One was never the right fit for our club and the current one is just completely out of his depth.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Yeah I'm starting to get on the board of sacking him and trying with Poch. No shame, I was wrong before.
Of course, a manager of a CL finalist will want to be here instead :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.