Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapardin

Is anyone else going to tell me he doesn't have his own players and he needs a transfer window? The bloke is more clueless than Moyes and no I didn't want him because of the "run".

Getting in new players will miraculously clue him up according to Top Reds on here.
The players he currently has are shite, but the problem is compounded by appointing him and trusting him with millions. If he splurges on shite, we may not sanction a big spend when we finally hire a competent manager.

Either we hire proven managers who are way past it like LvG and Jose, or we hire unproven ones like Moyes and Ole. Nothing in moderation with us.

JBD-dane

We will not sack Ole. Our clubs repetition will go to the ground if we make such a move.

If we had a "club president" who gave a feck about everything then is was more likley to happen.

dove

What would you do? Sack him and go after someone else?

Bearing in mind that doing so would put our summer plans back months - Ole has already evaluated the squad, given his targets to Ed, and is working on new signings. You'd need to throw all that out the window and let the new guy assess the squad.
I would. What would you do? Give 2 more seasons to someone who is clearly clueless and is the worst manager we had for feck knows how much time? It baffles me how people think giving him a rebuilding job is a good idea. Next season will be a disaster, feel free to quote me on that.

SAFMUTD

Come on guys, at least give him a preseason, 200 millions and let him throw our next season to the drain before losing faith in him...

Ffs this is clear as water, lets not waste more time nor money, just sack Ole and get a real manager.

el3mel

Let's be honest we all know how this is going to end. We all hoped his run as interim manager was him being great manager and most of us celebrated his appointment. By now if anyone isn't re-thinking his ideas then he's either deluded or don't want to admit we might all have made another big mistake.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I hope we keep him. I think Ole being a collosal failure will help recalibrate the fanbase. This religion like worship of the managers seat is one of the bigger reasons we are in this position.
Yeah, the worship from fans translates to how fecking shit we are on the pitch. Amazing logic.

Bojan11

What would you do? Sack him and go after someone else?

Bearing in mind that doing so would put our summer plans back months - Ole has already evaluated the squad, given his targets to Ed, and is working on new signings. You'd need to throw all that out the window and let the new guy assess the squad.
Well that’s why we should have hired a director of football. The plan we had after Mourinho was sacked was the perfect one.

And no it doesn’t set months back. Look at Chelsea last year they didn’t even get rid of Conte until during pre season.

Teams sack managers at the end of the season every season. It’s the best time to sack managers.

We making the same mistakes again and again. It’s ridiculous now.

Aloysius's Back 3

Why would you have Martial, Rashford & Greenwood on the first team and have Rashford playing as the central one whilst having martial on the left hand side :houllier:

Rashford - Martial - Greenwood

Makes way more sense

Skills

Snitch
Yeah, the worship from fans translates to how fecking shit we are on the pitch. Amazing logic.
It keeps them in their jobs longer than necessary, and allows them to sink the ship completely.

At any other club Moyes would be gone after 3 months, Van gaal by december 2016 and Mourinho before this season started.

Bojan11

Why would you have Martial, Rashford & Greenwood on the first team and have Rashford playing as the central one whilst having martial on the left hand side :houllier:

Rashford - Martial - Greenwood

Makes way more sense
Rashford is his golden boy. Sadly he’s not very good at all.

Mainoldo

Anyone think we would be better off sacking him than giving him millions to spend?
Yes and yes. Do it tomorrow, we keep making the same mistakes like not sacking Mourinho at the end of the season too. The club have run out of time. We are heading for the bottom half of the table and we are just allowing this to happen.

Greck

Well that’s why we should have hired a director of football. The plan we had after Mourinho was sacked was the perfect one.

And no it doesn’t set months back. Look at Chelsea last year they didn’t even get rid of Conte until during pre season.

Teams sack managers at the end of the season every season. It’s the best time to sack managers.

A capable DOF would have been immune to the emotion driven demands to make him permanent

Kapardin

It keeps them in their jobs longer than necessary, and allows them to sink the ship completely.

At any other club Moyes would be gone after 3 months, Van gaal by december 2016 and Mourinho before this season started.
I haven't actually come across a precedence of any other top club making 3 (maybe now 4) shit appointments in a row. At most 1. So it is an impossible situation actually.

InfiniteBoredom

:lol:

Appointing Ole cost us top four!

Btw - Ole will be a great appointment. Putting it here so I can quote it later.
Your current name is a lost bet on Ibrahimovic.

Opinions and all, but I wouldn’t be so confident if I were you.

The part about Ole costing us top 4 is nonsensical though, agreed. If anything the club giving him the job did that, players were no longer kept on a short leash about their immediate future.

Darlington Padgett

Hurts to say this but he should be sacked. Can't believe I'm saying this but we've found someone worse than Moyes.

Kostur

海尔的老板

Is it the fans appointing and sacking managers now? Thought it was down to Woodward but must have missed something.

Oh yeah, right, if we booed and whistled the managers things would be fine. The problem does not lie with Woodward then.

El Zoido

I would. What would you do? Give 2 more seasons to someone who is clearly clueless and is the worst manager we had for feck knows how much time? It baffles me how people think giving him a rebuilding job is a good idea. Next season will be a disaster, feel free to quote me on that.
Can’t do it, it would look terrible to sack him now. We’re stuck with this mistake for until the end now of the year. Though the way we’re going he won’t make it to November, let alone the new year.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Please just sack him. Put him out of his misery. This is the worst football we have played under any manager after Sir Alex.

Top 6 will really be a dream if he's in charge.

el3mel

Hell, losing 0-2 after drawing 1-1 with the worst 2 teams in the league. :lol:

That's new rock bottom.

That's far worse than any of Moyes, LVG and Mourinho doing.

Aloysius's Back 3

Rashford is his golden boy. Sadly he’s not very good at all.
I've got nothing against Rashford as he has been poorly managed post LVG season; however Rashford & Greenwood have the ability to play as direct forwards playing from angles from outwide whilst a player like martial plays better finding gaps in the middle trying to interlink attacks within gaps more centrally.

Just very annoying that a manager can't see this.

Skills

Snitch
I haven't actually come across a precedence of any other top club making 3 (maybe now 4) shit appointments in a row. At most 1. So it is an impossible situation actually.
Clubs make shit appointments all the time, they just decide to make a change as soon as they realise it.

In fact is Mourinho a shit appointment if we had sacked him last summer? Underwhelming yes, but he only became shit once we let him completely destroy us in the next few months.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
United have got so bad under Ole that the ground is half empty and you can get a steady 4G signal.

Aretak

With Pochettino waggling his bum suggestively in the media, perhaps decisive action is needed... this isn't working.

Champagne Football

Question for those who don't think Ole should be the manager: If you got your wish and he was sacked or he walked away from the role at the end of the season, who would you like to see brought in? And realistic choices please, Pep or Klopp aren't coming.
You can't find another Pep or Klopp out there as they don't exist. Managers like that are unique talents like Messi and Ronaldo. There's only one other club manager out there who is at that level who could be available for big money but he seems happy at Spurs.

SamVimes

Hell, losing 0-2 after drawing 1-1 with the worst 2 teams in the league. :lol:

That's new rock bottom.

That's far worse than any of Moyes, LVG and Mourinho doing.
Agree. He is out of his depth and it shows. Thanks Ole, but you are not the answer.

passing-wind

Ole will be sacked by Christmas I think it's almost a given, might aswell save resources / time and 200 odd million. He would have never gotten the permanent role if we had waited until the end of the season. Now we have a manager who is more incompetent than Moyes. There's a reason Ole stayed in Molde and didn't expand to European football / more competitive environment because he doesn't have what it takes to succeed.

Robbie Boy

If he stays, does anyone think we’ll be good enough to battle West Ham for tenth? I think we might but it’ll be tough.

Jacob

Loving it that we lose this useless game. It will only add to the Board's urgency.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I was criticized for my assessment of Ole. Can we bring up old threads where I stated my concern of Ole during the honeymoon period? If Woodward is serious he would sack him now, but he doesn’t have a clue about the footballing side of things.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
See it through?

I don’t think the fans can take anymore torture at this stage. If Ole was at least steering the ship in a positive direction there’d be at least some hope, but it’s more of the same directionless crap. Both on and off the pitch. Utterly hopeless. A decision needs to be made fast.
I just can’t see the club doing that. He’s a club legend, it would be a ridiculously ruthless move to sack him after 2 months. Besides, the owners were too tight to pay 40m for Pochettino, can you see them buying out the rest of Ole’s contract, mere weeks after paying 8m to Molde? Then having to face up to paying the 40m they weren’t prepared to pay Spurs in the first place? That kind of financial decision isn’t going to go down well in the board room.

I think it’s certainly a risk. He’s an unknown quantity, how could it not be? I personally wanted Pochettino, but would he even come to us now? We basically chose Ole over him.

So you’d sack Ole today? Then what?

Status
Not open for further replies.