Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dove

I said last week that United somehow have a manager that no other premier league team would hire, it’s incredible.
Not sure what's worse, having the worst manager in the league or having like 50% of our fanbase blindly expecting him to turn it around. It's not happening, we are just wasting our time and giving a squad rebuilding job to him is absolutely mental. Can we just have Moyes back? As much as I hate him he is no worse than Ole.

Bojan11

Threads like these are good for a reminder that have the worst online fan base in football.
People worried we showing relegation form since he’s been made manager but apparently we the worst fan base in football.

Any other top club and he would have been sacked for this form. No idea what we trying to play like. Fitness is one thing, but what are we trying to do with the ball.

Simon Jones

He will not survive 6 months. What's our style of play ? We can't blame it on players always. Atleast we should be seeing something on the field? I see absolutely nothing !
yeah its nothing to do with the players. our players cannot play for LVG, a guy who won the Champions league with Ajax. They cannot play for Mourinho, a guy who won the champions league with Inter Milan and Porto and multiple league titles including in Spain, England and Portugal. Now they cannot play for a united legend who "knows the united way".

At what point do we take our heads out of the sand and accept that our players have been pampered with high wages and have been allowed to put in lazy arse performances knowing that it will be the manager and not them that will take the flack. That is down to the board undermining successive managers and bowing to player/agent power.

Lexxxzi

Irrespective of whether you believe in Solskjaer or not... this is embarrassing and a disgrace. Just don't understand what's happening right now.

ForestRGoinUp

I tried United but switched off for City. His football is really bad.

let's just say that if he were still interim manager, I would not be for hiring him. We've only played somewhat exciting stuff in 3 games under him, and those were his first 3!
Hardly his tactics at that point either.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
No room for sentimentality at the top. Concerned with Ole at the wheel and millions to spend.

Wouldn't know who else though.
I think we need to see it through now. We've backed him, now we need to give him a couple of seasons at least to see what he can do.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Well he sort of earn the contract with the amazing winning run back in end of Dec to early March. The downhill though was quite spectacular, who would have thought that? To be fair, he should be given at least one summer and one full season to build his own team first.

Adamsk7

He’s out of his depth but it’s not his fault at all. The club made an incredibly stupid decision - there was absolutely zero benefit in appointing him when they did. We’re in relegation form and that’s largely on the lacklustre attitudes and quality of our players but the ship needs steadying by someone with a unique vision of the future of Utd. We need a Pep or Klopp, the question is though, is there another out there like them?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Since he got the job permanently we have been in relegation level form.

Is it safe to say we jumped the gun giving him the job before the season ended?

dove

I think we need to see it through now. We've backed him, now we need to give him a couple of seasons at least to see what he can do.
You forgot white text, some people might not understand that you are trolling.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
What was the purpose of appointing him when we did? There was never any chance of him going elsewhere, so what was it that we were hoping for?

Aloysius's Back 3

The players looks shocked and scared because they have been given minimalistic tactics.

This is seen the most by De gea - a player that has the least tactics to do - but the whole team are playing in a way that is not stable so effects players like De gea a whole lot more than it should.

Ole doesn't have tactics & there is proof in that on the first day he came in with what he told to the players.

Simon Jones

Next season is looking like 1973/74 season.
its certainly got the potential to go that way if we get off to a poor start.

one of the problems is after this awful run of results are the board going to trust Ole with a big summer transfer budget. if not, then we will go into next season with a seriously weakened squad.

NYAS

I said last week that United somehow have a manager that no other premier league team would hire, it’s incredible.
Stop talking shite. No one in La Liga would have hired Zidane or Pep before they got their big jobs.

Skills

Snitch
I hope we keep him. I think Ole being a collosal failure will help recalibrate the fanbase. This religion like worship of the managers seat is one of the bigger reasons we are in this position.

Pace Abuser

Is anyone else going to tell me he doesn't have his own players and he needs a transfer window? The bloke is more clueless than Moyes and no I didn't want him because of the "run".

Getting in new players will miraculously clue him up according to Top Reds on here.

minh_loc_xoay

Specially when Mourinho being sacked, we had a good opportunity to take our time and do things the right way.
Our fans blindly support anything Woodward and the Glazers serve up didn’t help either. And the ones voicing concern were mocked as being plastic. I guess we as a fanbase really deserve the dreadful scenerio today for our lack of clear actions these years. We just blindly watched as they destroyed our club, clinging onto the vague “top Red” label we are so afraid to lose.

Lexxxzi

I am seriously thinking the players are trying to push OGS out at this point. Really looks like that.

Woodzy

I'm terrified for the future of the this club.

Look at that starting line up today - every player aside from Dalot either came through our academy or played under Sir Alex. It stinks of a point trying to be proved.

We spent years trying to move on from Fergie - we may still have been a fecking mess but the last thing we need is to try and head in that direction.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Is anyone else going to tell me he doesn't gave his own players and he needs a transfer window? The bloke is more clueless than Moyes and no I didn't want him because of the "run".

Getting in new players will miraculously clue him up according to Top Reds on here.
Yeah I’ll say that.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Stop talking shite. No one in La Liga would have hired Zidane or Pep before they got their big jobs.
What part of it is shite? Who would hire Ole in the Prem? Pep was groomed for the Barca job and was B team coach. Ole has been a manager for years and nothing he has done warrants a premier league job, let alone the United job.

redzer

I'm just looking forward to the season to end now so we can start sorting this squad out...

Lee565

To think Conte a guy that has won plenty of league titles including in the premier league, was available when we sacked Mourinho and yet somehow we have ended up with a guy that struggled in the championship despite having one of the better transfer funds in that league, only United with Woodward making decisions can we screw ourselves over so badly.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
:lol:

Appointing Ole cost us top four!

Btw - Ole will be a great appointment. Putting it here so I can quote it later.
We were doing fine till we decided to make it permanent. Quote all you want. Youre as egotistical as Jose - no idea why you disliked him so much.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
You forgot white text, some people might not understand that you are trolling.
What would you do? Sack him and go after someone else?

Bearing in mind that doing so would put our summer plans back months - Ole has already evaluated the squad, given his targets to Ed, and is working on new signings. You'd need to throw all that out the window and let the new guy assess the squad.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Since he got the job permanently we have been in relegation level form.

Is it safe to say we jumped the gun giving him the job before the season ended?
Isn't it safe to say we have a bunch of cry baby players who don't know how to fight for the team, they are all cowards. Give Ole pre season get young technically gifted players who want to play for united.

izec

Thought Moyes was clueless, think we got a bigger candidate here. He is so bad, even against the 2 shit teams we cant win and play convincing for 15 minutes. You dont need fitness and world class players to dismantle Cardiff and Huddersfield ffs

Shark

@NotShark
See it through?

I don’t think the fans can take anymore torture at this stage. If Ole was at least steering the ship in a positive direction there’d be at least some hope, but it’s more of the same directionless crap. Both on and off the pitch. Utterly hopeless. A decision needs to be made fast.

Un4givableB

Even the selection of Greenwood to start is a sign of what a complete bluffer he is, playing to the gullible know nothing fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.