Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morpheus 7

I was told about this thread by my brother, this place never disappoints. There needs to be a cull in this place.

DarkChild™

So far we have been linked with players whose profiles say "back him" not like that loser who threw a tantrum because he was not backed to get bale, perisich, raktic, maguire, willian etc. Makes no point not backing him. Sticking with Rashford as lead striker plus keeping Young and Jones n actually playing them will be his downfall.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Few posts just from Klopp thread. "It is not Klopp's team" was the very common excuse made by Liverpool fans.

And to be fair they've been proven absolutely right. Klopp given the chance to work with the players he wants to work with, ditch those he doesn't like and bring in his own has paid dividends for them.

The questions over Ole will still persist. If you think we are fundamentally on a hiding to nothing under him; we were hasty to give him the permanent job and giving him tens of millions for players will be a waste and set us further back, that's a fair position to take. But for me the worst possible thing we can do now is install him as permanent boss and give him no funds to bring in his own players and try his own things while he's here. Ole is not (yet, he adds hopefully) anything like Klopp as a manager but if the Scousers were right that they had to make changes to a failing set of players for their new manager before they'd see any joy then we have to be willing to do the same for ours.

Crashoutcassius

Sensible. After all this is the truth since Ole took over:
1. Manchester City - 54 points
2. Liverpool - 52 points
3. Manchester United - 40 points
4. Arsenal - 35 points
5. Chelsea - 34 points
6. Crystal Palace - 34 points
7. Tottenham Hotspur - 32 points
8. Wolves - 32 points
9. Everton - 30 points
10. Leicester - 30 points
There's the facts. city and pool can't get any better. Ole could easily add 6 or 7 points to that by improving the squad this summer.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
And to be fair they've been proven absolutely right. Klopp given the chance to work with the players he wants to work with, ditch those he doesn't like and bring in his own has paid dividends for them.

The questions over Ole will still persist. If you think we are fundamentally on a hiding to nothing under him; we were hasty to give him the permanent job and giving him tens of millions for players will be a waste and set us further back, that's a fair position to take. But for me the worst possible thing we can do now is install him as permanent boss and give him no funds to bring in his own players and try his own things while he's here. Ole is not (yet, he adds hopefully) anything like Klopp as a manager but if the Scousers were right that they had to make changes to a failing set of players for their new manager before they'd see any joy then we have to be willing to do the same for ours.
They are proven correct but that was not the point. Someone posted "It was not his team" excuse was not used for Klopp when it was the common excuse whenever Liverpool dropped points and ManUtd fans used to mock that.

There were posts on fitness too when Klopp took over, but people try to rewrite history that how they saw from day 1 what Klopp was building.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
As i said earlier, i have huge respect for fans who support Ole and have faith in him. But in the end, even all of you can't deny the fact that basically club big as Man Utd, multi billion company with yearly income of 500-600mil, are entering in new season with the guy for who nobody don't have any bloody clue (formation, style, tactical knowledge...).

Looks promising. And logical. I mean, what can we lose? Few hundred million pounds, one season more for rebuilding, couple of sponsors...basically nothing.

roonster09

Scout
As i said earlier, i have huge respect for fans who support Ole and have faith in him. But in the end, even all of you can't deny the fact that basically club big as Man Utd, multi billion company with yearly income of 500-600mil, are entering in new season with the guy for who nobody don't have any bloody clue (formation, style, tactical knowledge...).

Looks promising. And logical. I mean, what can we lose? Few hundred million pounds, one season more for rebuilding, couple of sponsors...basically nothing.
Speak for yourself, don't include everyone in "nobody has a clue on his formation, style"

He favored 4-3-3 formation and then also played 4-3-1-2 formation with false 9 and 2 wide strikers. He wants his team to press high and play with intensity. Possession is not be all and end all, he wants to play with pace and wants his players to play the ball forward as quick as possible. We saw many of these things before we lost half of the team, after that we changed the style and if we believe the manager, we did as players lacked fitness. If we believe BBC journalist, Ole overworked the players and by the end of the season players were exhausted.

roonster09

Scout
People lack vision, it's apparent in this thread. We're even at the point where people are blaming Solskjær for next season before we've even played a game.
Yeah, it's not surprising. Remember a guy even made up few things and had a go at Ole, when proved wrong just started to change goal posts.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
They are proven correct but that was not the point. Someone posted "It was not his team" excuse was not used for Klopp when it was the common excuse whenever Liverpool dropped points and ManUtd fans used to mock that.

There were posts on fitness too when Klopp took over, but people try to rewrite history that how they saw from day 1 what Klopp was building.
Aye I should have made clear I wasn't disagreeing with your point, quite the opposite. 'Not his team', 'he needs time', fitness issues were all issues raised at the time, seemingly contrary to popular belief, and are now proven right to have been. My point is that whether Ole's right or wrong for us is debatable, but what I'd hate to see is him hamstrung by the money men, unable to bring his own vision to the squad and slung out on his ear within 12 months.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I think it's fine to be concerned, given his history and lack of experience, as well as our shocking end to the season. But the idea that he shouldn't be given another season to try and build his own side and get them playing the way he wants is just silly. No manager should be sacked without at least being given a transfer window to get players that fit their style.

If he fails next season however then I believe he should be sacked, especially if a manager like Allegri becomes available next summer, or even if Poch gets fed up of Spurs.

Top four should be the absolute minimum, anything below that and he should be shown the door.

JustAGuest

I think honestly hiring ex players who have an affinity to the club is such a bad idea as everyone wants them to do well & to succeed that even when it’s staring you in the face that they’re not good enough & performances are awful, uninspiring & defensive you still make up excuse after excuse. You want to give them more time than anyone else would have as you desperately in your heart want them to do well & can’t bear sacking them.

Then before you know it another season is gone & totally wasted
What is the approach to not "waste" next season? No manager is going to challenge Liverpool and City from this position, they are too far ahead. Is it a season wasted if we have a good transfer window and improve the squad, but Ole ultimately does not work out?

Andersonson

For some reason Ole is getting a free pass from the awful football he served up for a large period of time here- this point needs to be made that yes it’s great & preferable to have a manager in place for a while BUT not if they were the wrong choice to start off with!

Ole has such similar vibes to Moyes it’s frightening- The lack of any playing style, looking clueless on sidelines, saying wrong things in the media, having everyone wanting to give him time as ‘we shouldn’t be sacking managers. Ever. Regardless of form’
Large peroid of time here?? Ask yourself theese questions:
1. When did he arrive
2. When did the 'shit' fotball start?
3. How many months in total has he been a manager?
4. How long do you think it should take to build an entertaining side that challenges for the league?
5. How long did it take klopp?

Still dont see it?

Well the answer is: Years

matt10000

In terms of management, Ole overworked the players and banked on the team being able to keep winning. When we weren't able to do so, everything collapsed in short order because the players were mentally(!) and physically fatigued. It will be different if our players up their fitness levels, and historically Ole has always been able to do that. He needs to manage the team's fatigue levels throughout the season and find the right balance during the next season.
Agree and every job is unique (more so at our club) and he needs to make a few mistakes in order to find what works at Man Utd

roonster09

Scout
Aye I should have made clear I wasn't disagreeing with your point, quite the opposite. 'Not his team', 'he needs time', fitness issues were all issues raised at the time, seemingly contrary to popular belief, and are now proven right to have been. My point is that whether Ole's right or wrong for us is debatable, but what I'd hate to see is him hamstrung by the money men, unable to bring his own vision to the squad and slung out on his ear within 12 months.
Yeah I agree with this. Also I think I misunderstood your first post when you said "And to be fair they've been proven absolutely right."

Like you said that's the worst thing that can happen. Hiring a manager and not letting him to shape the team. We have added lot of duds and need a clear out. It's very important to fresh up this team and add few players who fits the way Ole wants his team to play.

I believe he has right ideas, whether he can implement that is something that we have to wait and see.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Speak for yourself, don't include everyone in "nobody has a clue on his formation, style"

He favored 4-3-3 formation and then also played 4-3-1-2 formation with false 9 and 2 wide strikers. He wants his team to press high and play with intensity. Possession is not be all and end all, he wants to play with pace and wants his players to play the ball forward as quick as possible. We saw many of these things before we lost half of the team, after that we changed the style and if we believe the manager, we did as players lacked fitness. If we believe BBC journalist, Ole overworked the players and by the end of the season players were exhausted.
You saw all that? Ok, then.

Lexxxzi

Now... Is Solskjaer the right man for Utd? Probably not. It's a combination of inexperience and the wrong/undesirable environment that the club actually preserve for any new incoming manager. Is Solskjaer a bad manager? Absolutely not, however, he is a bit immature tactically, yet. This was the case both at Molde and in Cardiff and now extends over to Utd. What I mean about this is that he is not the best to adapt underways in a match. However, his starting line-ups and starting strategies are usually spot on.

We will just have to wait and see, I guess. It could end well, it could end really bad.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
For some reason Ole is getting a free pass from the awful football he served up for a large period of time here- this point needs to be made that yes it’s great & preferable to have a manager in place for a while BUT not if they were the wrong choice to start off with!

Ole has such similar vibes to Moyes it’s frightening- The lack of any playing style, looking clueless on sidelines, saying wrong things in the media, having everyone wanting to give him time as ‘we shouldn’t be sacking managers. Ever. Regardless of form’
Is the multiverse leaking or do we inhabit the same plane of existance?

Lack of playing style: Ole has made it pretty clear what kind of playing style he wants. Buildup from the back. Fast paced play and a complete rebuild of the squad using youth. Ole favors a 4-3-3 or will alternate to a diamond or smaller adjustments depending on how the game progresses. Our current squad is unable to play the way the manager wants. They have lacked proper fitness, something the coaching staff has adressed numerous times during the last half of the season. Ole adressed this early on. Its a thing, not something that was made up by fans. Ole wants his players to run. A LOT. They currently aren't, as they aren't fit enough, this is being adressed in the offseason.

We had a great pace attack and counterattacking style of play the first period here. It worked, we won games. A lot of them. Eventually fatigue, injuries, David De Gea falling off a cliff, Fred losing the ball and awarding goals and players straight up disappearing large stretches caused us problems. A lot of problems.

Our signings and sales this offseason and pre-season is going to adress all of these glaring issues.

Looking clueless on the sidelines: Ole is frequently filmes confering with his coaching staff on the bench during games. It seems to me like they are constantly discussing whats going on in the game. This is such a lame thing to accuse him of. Obviously he knows whats going on in the game.

Saying wrong things in the media: Ole has been holding a masterclass in dealing with the media. His job is to back his team and keep the peace, while the dirty laundry gets aired in the dressing room away from prying eyes. He has been vocal about performances not being good. Players not running enough. He is NOT singling anyone out, completely understanding that this is a team effort. And so forth. What do you want him to do? Rip on Shaw like Mourinho? What good does that do?

Everyone wanting to give him time: You are goddamn right we are going to give him time. Manchester United are rebuilding their squad. This takes time. It takes sevearl transfer windows. All we should be asking is for the trend to be peaking upwards. No one are expecting us to compete for the title, we have 30 points to catch up to Man City and Liverpool, that gap is absurdly big. You don't do that in a single transfer window. Yes we want to be competetive, yes the mindset is to win everything we enter. No no one should expect us to win the Premier League or every cup we enter. But we are going to give the effort to get there. Upwards trend. Nurture the talent, and get there in 2-3 seaons.

The notion that "If the manager gets the tactic right, we win every single game" is absolutely ridiculous, especially with the squad we have today. It's mindboggling that this is something someone would think. David De Gea may very well have cost us the CL next season with his game changing goal giveaways, fouls he had not made previously in his career. Marcus Rashford went from hot to glacier cold. Half our team gets injured at the most critical stage of the season. SO MANY THINGS a manager does not control. Sometimes things just happen.

We will never win every game, the manager can only do so much with the team that is available. What a good manager does is fill his team with players that he can work with.

Manchester United did not hire Ole Gunner Solskjær to manager Manchester United as it is today. He was hired to manager Manchester United with his own squad. And that is what we are going to do. It's time to stop complaining about everything and start contributing something positive.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

The business side of Manchester United is doing absolutely phenomenal. Last year was the best fiscal year the club has ever had.

Ole Gunnar is a club legend. From a business side, this was a great hiring. Everyone who follows football knows the club is struggling. Everyone who follows football and don't complain about everything every 5 minutes just to get some verification on their complaints back to feel great, are excited about the potential prospect of a club legend taking the club back. Literally everyone wants a new Sir Alex. Ole might or might not be that guy, we don't know that for sure yet. Managers like that are as rare as unicorns in todays football. Managers come and go every 2-4 years. But you know what? I will rather take a gamble at a unknown, semi-proven commodity like Ole, than a well known manager that we know what we will get from, who will come and do some managing, and leave in 3 years like the trend has been since Alex retired. Like the trend is in most big clubs. I want legacy, not change of the guard faster than I take a piss.

And many think like that. Manchester United interest in Norway is through the roof, newspapers cover everything that happens, matches are televised frequently and Norwegians are traveling to Manchester like never before. And that's just one small country. The hype is real outside your bubble of negativity.

Manchester United is the worlds biggest sponsored football club with $308 Million in sponsorates last year across 68 sponsors. Our main sponsor Chevrolet provides $69 million of that. per year. The Chevrolet deal runs until 2021, and is looking to be renewed.

We have been a struggling club on the pitch for 6 years now. And nothing has stopped the Manchester United business from thriving.

You know what makes sponsors nervous? A complete lack of consistency.

As for the comment about formation, style, tactial knowledge etc. The players, the club and everyone who are involved in the sport operations of Manchester United knows. Ole has been vocal about what he wants to play. Ole needs the players to execute it. And that is what this transfer window is about. And the next one. And the two after that.

Celoti23-81

Lack of playing style: Ole has made it pretty clear what kind of playing style he wants. Buildup from the back. Fast paced play and a complete rebuild of the squad using youth. Ole favors a 4-3-3 or will alternate to a diamond or smaller adjustments depending on how the game progresses. Our current squad is unable to play the way the manager wants. They have lacked proper fitness, something the coaching staff has adressed numerous times during the last half of the season. Ole adressed this early on. Its a thing, not something that was made up by fans. Ole wants his players to run. A LOT. They currently aren't, as they aren't fit enough, this is being adressed in the offseason.

We had a great pace attack and counterattacking style of play the first period here. It worked, we won games. A lot of them. Eventually fatigue, injuries, David De Gea falling off a cliff, Fred losing the ball and awarding goals and players straight up disappearing large stretches caused us problems. A lot of problems.

Our signings and sales this offseason and pre-season is going to adress all of these glaring issues.

Looking clueless on the sidelines: Ole is frequently filmes confering with his coaching staff on the bench during games. It seems to me like they are constantly discussing whats going on in the game. This is such a lame thing to accuse him of. Obviously he knows whats going on in the game.

Saying wrong things in the media: Ole has been holding a masterclass in dealing with the media. His job is to back his team and keep the peace, while the dirty laundry gets aired in the dressing room away from prying eyes. He has been vocal about performances not being good. Players not running enough. He is NOT singling anyone out, completely understanding that this is a team effort. And so forth. What do you want him to do? Rip on Shaw like Mourinho? What good does that do?

Everyone wanting to give him time: You are goddamn right we are going to give him time. Manchester United are rebuilding their squad. This takes time. It takes sevearl transfer windows. All we should be asking is for the trend to be peaking upwards. No one are expecting us to compete for the title, we have 30 points to catch up to Man City and Liverpool, that gap is absurdly big. You don't do that in a single transfer window. Yes we want to be competetive, yes the mindset is to win everything we enter. No no one should expect us to win the Premier League or every cup we enter. But we are going to give the effort to get there. Upwards trend. Nurture the talent, and get there in 2-3 seaons.

The notion that "If the manager gets the tactic right, we win every single game" is absolutely ridiculous, especially with the squad we have today. It's mindboggling that this is something someone would think. David De Gea may very well have cost us the CL next season with his game changing goal giveaways, fouls he had not made previously in his career. Marcus Rashford went from hot to glacier cold. Half our team gets injured at the most critical stage of the season. SO MANY THINGS a manager does not control. Sometimes things just happen.

We will never win every game, the manager can only do so much with the team that is available. What a good manager does is fill his team with players that he can work with.

Manchester United did not hire Ole Gunner Solskjær to manager Manchester United as it is today. He was hired to manager Manchester United with his own squad. And that is what we are going to do. It's time to stop complaining about everything and start contributing something positive.
Interim manager = 32 points
Contract negotiation stage after PSG - permanent contract = 8 points

Got dumped out of Champions League and FA cup

What does that tell you, fitness or pressure? Or both perhaps? It's not just fitness, that's a complete myth!

Interim manager - “these are great players to work with”
Permanent manager - “we need young hungry players”
Those are the words of a Jose Mourinho in a nicer manner! Jose got destroyed for complaining about the players and throwing them under the bus. Solskjaer did the same end of the season!
It's just another Moyes type appointment

roonster09

Scout

Very good post, agree with almost all of it.

JustAGuest

Interim manager = 32 points
Contract negotiation stage after PSG - permanent contract = 8 points

Got dumped out of Champions League and FA cup

What does that tell you, fitness or pressure? Or both perhaps? It's not just fitness, that's a complete myth!

Interim manager - “these are great players to work with”
Permanent manager - “we need young hungry players”
Those are the words of a Jose Mourinho in a nicer manner! Jose got destroyed for complaining about the players and throwing them under the bus. Solskjaer did the same end of the season!
It's just another Moyes type appointment
Exactly which players has Ole thrown under the bus? There is nothing wrong with either of the quotes that you included.

Needham

Does anybody know if the eye thing is a Norwegian trait? There was a Nogge girl in my halls at uni and she always had really red eyes.

Obviously referring to Ole here, not Pellegrini.
Ole red eyes is back...

Celoti23-81

Exactly which players has Ole thrown under the bus? There is nothing wrong with either of the quotes that you included.
It's his change in attitude from winning to losing!
When you come out and say you need young and hungry players, your basically devaluing the current playing staff!

If Ole was that great a manager, why all of a sudden are arguably our best players in De gea and pogba wanting to leave? If he was that great and trusted in him as a manager to take us forward, they would stay!
Truth of the matter is, our managerial appointments have been crap! Mike Phelan is an awful assistant too. If anyone cares to remember the football we were playing under SAF in his last few years with Phelan as assistant, we were awful to watch! It was a bore fest. But we still won! Under Ole, it will be a bore fest and fighting out with Leicester and Everton and Wolves. The day this club stops aspiring to win the league is the day we go backwards, like Arsenal have!

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
It's his change in attitude from winning to losing!
When you come out and say you need young and hungry players, your basically devaluing the current playing staff!

If Ole was that great a manager, why all of a sudden are arguably our best players in De gea and pogba wanting to leave? If he was that great and trusted in him as a manager to take us forward, they would stay!
Truth of the matter is, our managerial appointments have been crap! Mike Phelan is an awful assistant too. If anyone cares to remember the football we were playing under SAF in his last few years with Phelan as assistant, we were awful to watch! It was a bore fest. But we still won! Under Ole, it will be a bore fest and fighting out with Leicester and Everton and Wolves. The day this club stops aspiring to win the league is the day we go backwards, like Arsenal have!
Why are you acting like this is something new that no one does? Every single football club under this sun wants new and hungry players to challenge the spots that are available. Every single big club buys players for positions that are already occupied, to give contest. It's literally how football clubs work.

Ole has done us a favor by stating the obvious, that some players have been underperforming. He hasnt named names, as he is a good man manager. He has adressed the issues he has behind closed doors instead of going the public shaming route that benefits no one.

Here is an actual quote from Ole Gunnar on the state of the squad and new players, that is the complete opposite of what you claim he's about:

“We’ve got to get it right on the pitch with the ones we have; it’s not just about signing players,” he said. “It’s about making sure that the ones here get the maximum out of their potential, because we do have so many good players here, and that’s my job, to work with them. At the moment, I’m responsible for the performances. I’m the one that should get that flak if there is some.”

On the offseason and the work ahead:

He said: “My job is to work for the club. I have to manage for the club, and manage the players, yes. You give people a chance, but sometimes, you’ve got to be ruthless and say: ‘Sorry but you had your chance.’ I’m not afraid to do that.”

This is the life of playing for a professional football club. This is how it's always worked, everyone knows this.

Ole's messages makes it crystal clear that HE is the one that will take the flak when the team underperforms. The players take the flak from Ole when they underperform.

Ole's statement following David De Geas incredible fkup against Chelsea that likely cost us the Champions League bid:

“David has been unbelievable. We do support each other. There is no chance anyone can blame him for losing points. He knows he could have had that shot but that is football. David is one who likes to play games and I will have chats with him and he will respond in the right way.”

On Pogba and De Gea

David De Gea is in contract talks with the club, there's been news of talks resuming this past week. DDG will sign a new contract, or the club might even explore options if they are afraid that his late season performance was a non-turning trend.

Paul Pogba started to flirt with Real Madrid during the national team break. When the national team break came, we had just rounded off the most successful period of any new manager in Premier League history. No team had scored more goals, conceded fewer goals, or gathered more points in the Premier League than Manchester United at that time. The team also secured one of the most magical nights for a Man United fans with the miracle in Paris, with a half reserve half first XI squad. Paul Pogba did not flirt with Madrid because he doesn't believe in Ole, he flirted with Madrid because he wants to play for Real Madrid. They are today a much more competetive club than us. Pogbas agent is Mino Raiola, who is obviously pulling the strings here. This is absolutely nothing to do with Ole, and everything to do with Pogbas ambition.

The day this club stops aspiring to win the league is the day we go backwards

No one have stopped aspiring to win the Premier League. Certainly no one in the club. You know what, you can't just go out and say "Next season we will win the league". That's talk for the press. The club is offering the manager a GIGANTIC transfer budget to play around with. Now it's up to the club and its negotiators to get the deals done before July 1st. Ole has a transfer budget of £250 million pounds that Ed oversees. That is fk you money. Everything that is being done is aspiring to not only win the league, but to create a foundation on which the club can rely on for the next decade.

Glideman

What the anti OGS brigade need to understand is no one is predicting 100% guaranteed success or not acknowledging the risk of OGS. That’s an insane belief! What most are saying is he needs a chance and we’ve seen what he can do when he gets it right! He needs the opportunity to build the team to fit what worked incredibly well in his winning streak. If he’s backed and gets the players implementing his style which worked so well we will win games. We have to be patient. If it doesn’t work he will be gone but he shouldn’t be sacked before a ball is kicked

Rusholme Ruffian

People lack vision, it's apparent in this thread. We're even at the point where people are blaming Solskjær for next season before we've even played a game.
Ah, if only everyone had your vision...which is seemingly based on bugger all except an all-encompassing love of OGS.

Large peroid of time here?? Ask yourself theese questions:
1. When did he arrive
2. When did the 'shit' fotball start?
3. How many months in total has he been a manager?
4. How long do you think it should take to build an entertaining side that challenges for the league?
5. How long did it take klopp?

Still dont see it?

Well the answer is: Years
The idea of giving someone with a (and I'm being kind here) mediocre managerial record to date YEARS to build something at United scares the shit out of me. The notion of finding the right person, and giving them time and financial backing I am absolutely 100% on board with - as Liverpool did with Klopp - but even Ole's biggest cheerleaders on here are forced to admit that they haven't got a clue whether it's gonna work or not. That is petrifying when we're already teetering on the brink of becoming Liverpool at the end of the 80s, or AC Milan at the end of the 90s.

Rafaeldagold

What the anti OGS brigade need to understand is no one is predicting 100% guaranteed success or not acknowledging the risk of OGS. That’s an insane belief! What most are saying is he needs a chance and we’ve seen what he can do when he gets it right! He needs the opportunity to build the team to fit what worked incredibly well in his winning streak. If he’s backed and gets the players implementing his style which worked so well we will win games. We have to be patient. If it doesn’t work he will be gone but he shouldn’t be sacked before a ball is kicked
I haven’t seen what he can do- even when we were winning we didn’t look convincing or dominate games- If was sit deep on the counter. No high pressing or anything.

We’ve regressed under Ole & been woeful. We deserve better as a club

R'hllor

There are things thats going for him and against, why people feel a need to do extreme and go to far in one side will never know, weird.

TRUERED89

Ah, if only everyone had your vision...which is seemingly based on bugger all except an all-encompassing love of OGS.

The idea of giving someone with a (and I'm being kind here) mediocre managerial record to date YEARS to build something at United scares the shit out of me. The notion of finding the right person, and giving them time and financial backing I am absolutely 100% on board with - as Liverpool did with Klopp - but even Ole's biggest cheerleaders on here are forced to admit that they haven't got a clue whether it's gonna work or not. That is petrifying when we're already teetering on the brink of becoming Liverpool at the end of the 80s, or AC Milan at the end of the 90s.
Who would guarantee to work then? apart from Pep with a big old cheque book? It took Klopp 4 years too..

As far as becoming like Milan and Liverpool, it could happen, but I feel like we've got too many fans and too much money to become a full time mid table fodder.

Rafaeldagold

There are things thats going for him and against, why people feel a need to do extreme and go to far in one side will never know, weird.
What are the things going for him that lead you to think he’s the best manager we could have as a club?

Status
Not open for further replies.