Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

passing-wind

To be totally honest we have played much better than I anticipated, you could put it down to Wolves being poor but we have stifled much of their attacking play. If Shaw was even remotely useful defensively there's no chances to concede. Ole still has disgraceful tendencies and practices with game management, no established penalty taker, Rashford still on free kicks, the players all over the midfield losing possession to much and the late substitutions. He needs to take authority over these decisions, players are emotive and therefore lack hindsight they shouldn't be given privalges if not using them appropriately.

We are comfortably miles off of challenging for the league, I don't think Ole has enough as a manager / coach to to bridge that gap but the best he can offer us is consistency in getting top four amongst fighting the top 6.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Be a manager and stop trying to be their fecking friend.

Letting players sort out penalty takers on the pitch is weak as piss. Show some authority and pick one.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I really can't remember him being this afraid to make changes in Norway. He's been completely out of it since he came to England when it comes to subs.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I am a long term supporter and have witnessed the comings and goings of managers from Sir Matt onwards. Times have changed I accept that and there is a feel amongst supporters of the need for instant success and I understand this after the years of success. However, two of the 3 most successful of the club's managers ( Sir Matt and Sir Alex ) were not in their early years very successful.
Sir Matt became officially manager on the 1.10.1945 and managed league runners up in the following years 1947, 48, 49 and 1951, in this period his only success was the FA., Cup in 1948 and it was not until 1952 that the team won the 1st Division Champion which was not repeated until 1956.
Sir Alex took 6 years before his first success. My point is that both of these eventually became very successful managers, however, it took time for them to bring to the club the changes in players, coaching and supporting infrastructure needed for prolonged success.
Ole now needs the same support both from the fans and the owners, this restructuring of the club at a playing level will take time, however, I believe that if he is given that time and the support of the owners and fans he is capable of building another great club dynesty
You take your sensible post and you close the door behind you! No room for that shit round these parts of town!

Tmac1090

What is Ole doing? Is he happy with a draw? Idiotic to make two subs just two minutes before fulltime.

King Andow

Needs to wise up, grow some balls and stop with that Lingard in the starting XI and Mata playing ahead of Greenwood and Gomes BULLSHIT. I don't give a feck if they're 15, 17, 19 or fecking 40. If they produce more on the pitch than the deadwood they have to play.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What a weird substitution to manage the game. Meh, we played better today than last time and we're the better side overall.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Waited so frustrating long to make changes. Almost like he was happy with the draw. Not what you want to see.

Skills

Snitch
Just pure huffing and puffing. No nous or creativity with our ball movement.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Double sub with 2 minutes plus extra time to go. 200IQ

lilcurt

Poor game management today.

Mata was pointless, other subs too late.

Also poor management that Pogba is even near pens.

NK86

He is not a good in-game manager. Have seen enough so far. Plus he goes for the same experience crap rather than trying out the youngsters. Lingard playing till so late despite being absolutely mediocre. Don't know what he thinks.

joedirt87

thought a half year of being manager would have given him enough experience to make subs, but apparently not. Guess it's his nature to just make changes as late as possible short of a complete disaster performance or injury.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He’s going to deserve the sack which will be coming his way in the next few months. A fecking weak managerial display again tonight.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
As usual there will be over dramatic reactions. He should have made subs earlier but we did well enough in the game, shame about the result.

It's a good point, hard place for any team.

DownRiver

No impetuous by the team after conceding, it says a lot about the manager than anything.

Santos J

Set us up well, were great in the first half especially. Subs were shite though.

NK86

Plus how big a wuss are you if you cannot have a fkng designated penalty taker. Why the feck are you allowing players to decide as if we are cruising.

Status
Not open for further replies.