Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Womp

idiot
We aren't any better than we were under Jose. We still look absolutely clueless in offence, just run around a lot more pointlessly. Lingard playing in general, let alone for 80 minutes. Waiting until 80 minutes to make the first change and bringing on a player who can't run when we clearly lost intensity in our game. Waits until 88nd minute to bring on the youth 'because he trusts them'. Terrible fecking display.

passing-wind

Plus how big a wuss are you if you cannot have a fkng designated penalty taker. Why the feck are you allowing players to decide as if we are cruising.
Its not even like we have quality players behind these decisions.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Incredibly shit management from the sidelines.

Still looked utterly clueless as to what to do in possession mind. From van Gaal to Mourinho to Ole, none of them have been able to build a system whereas fans we could figure out as to what players are trying to do when we attack.

Foxbatt

Actually the more I see of Ole the more I think he is simply not good enough. He does not know what to do when the game is going on. You start on a plan you decide and then if it not working then you change the plan. We saw in the second half that they were the better side and our midfield was going to get overrun. But Ole did not bring any changes. The only solution was to bring on Matic( as he was the only choice and should regret not getting a new midfield player) and push Pogba further forward. Take James off and push Greenwood on. Martial can play on the left and Rashford on the right too. He simply messed it up.

el3mel

The bench is crap, but I don't get a single reason for delaying the subs till 88 minutes ? So what ? What is the point ? Either you don't trust the players then don't bring them in or trust them so bring them earlier ? I really don't get the point of this.

Also for a team so much lack of choices up front, why the feck is Gomes getting out of the team selection ? At least keep him on the bench.

Weird management.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Like everyone has said, left the subs far too late. Mata and Greenwood should have come on much earlier :(

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
As usual there will be over dramatic reactions. He should have made subs earlier but we did well enough in the game, shame about the result.

It's a good point, hard place for any team.
This is the Premier league mate, not the conference south. Solskjaer’s in game management was laughably bad again.

Fracture90

I wonder how long will it take for him to realise that Lingard is not Park Ji-Sung? 2 subs in 88th minute is just shambolic.

haram

Whats the point of having Mason on the bench if you’re only going to give him 2 minutes when we need to win.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This is the Premier league mate, not the conference south. Solskjaer’s in game management was laughably bad again.
Oh thanks for the information. I thought it was conference south.

Toni Roncoroni

The player material just isn‘t there to break hard working teams like wolves down. We are starting every attack the same way. So annoying to watch. hope that ole will bring in angel instead of mata from now on. makes no sense to bring in mata. he is done.

NK86

Indeed it is. He's getting the team to put in a great shift. It'll pay off eventually, especially against teams which don't work as hard as wolves.
Wolves were there for the taking. We are just mediocre in possession. Lingard playing 5 yard passes to the man next to him each time and yet he stays on for 80 mins. If you cannot trust youth, might as well have kept hold of Lukaku. What's the point of selling him when you know the alternative is Mata/Lingard.

tob

I’m so f-ing disappointed. Two lost points, and that’s all on Ole. He got them boys playing so good but then failed to bring them back after their goal.

Won’t blame Pogba over the penalty miss. Ole should have brought in new energy with Greenwood earlier. Get those two points back as we deserved. Instead he hesitates and looks to be happy with one point.

Feck sake Ole! Get your arse up in gear and show us some energy.

Enigma_87

You know who
Having Pogba at penalty duty considering he has now missed 4 since last season was really shite decision.

We should have 1 penalty taker and Rashford should be him.

Ainu

As usual there will be over dramatic reactions. He should have made subs earlier but we did well enough in the game, shame about the result.

It's a good point on paper but not if you watched how the game progressed. We played well enough, that's something to be happy about, but at some point you at least need to try to turn that good performance into even more. He didn't try that, and it felt like a lack of ambition. We should expect more at this club.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Tonight has proven that the reason we didn’t replace Lukaku is bullshit. If you have so much faith in Greenwood why not give him 30 minutes to make a difference?

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I think he thinks too much of the players we have. Watching us try and beat the press with slick passing is scarier than any horror movie you could possibly show me.

But he has committed to this style and I like that. Just wish he was given more funds to bring in a midfielder or two who were more capable of playing this way.

Nevertheless, I like what he's doing. We just might pay for it in the short-term future every now and again.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
As expected our midfield was none existent in the second half. McTominay offers almost nothing in creativity and his ball movements isn’t top four standard. Why continue with Lingard when he was totally off after minutes.

Nothing has changed regarding mentality. As soon as Wolves scored we looked tired and out of ideas.

Question marks Solskjaer! Not good enough.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

The problem is that it could have been better, 88 minute double substation rarely works out, this is Ole playing safe.

He needs to pick a penalty taker and stick with them, stop pandering to them as the players will soon lose respect.

Another point is Greenwood being the only creative players on the bench, Gomes needs to be given a chance, he has the creativity to unlock defences.

Also James starting today was because he scored last week, he's not ready to be starting games, and he would have been perfect to be introduced at half time today.

I rarely go all doom and gloom, and our football has improved, problem is Ole trying to be everyone's friend, and I'm afraid it's going to backfire.

Orange Tree

He didn't have to, he chose to. Greenwood, Gomes, Chong etc. are all better than Pereira and very promising talents. He chooses not to utilise them, despite 'loving youth'.
I think Perreira should have started. He did well against Chelsea, showing faith in him would have boosted his confidence instead of being the only one dropped from starting XI against Chelsea.

James is an impact player.

L1nk

To be honest, i'm not sure bringing on Greenwood etc earlier would of done us much better, we were crying out more for changes in the middle of the park where we were getting overrun but we bought no midfielders and have no real quality options to bring on. Stupid club.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
First half was outstanding but Ole waited too long to make changes. Should've brought Lingard off much earlier.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Actually the more I see of Ole the more I think he is simply not good enough. He does not know what to do when the game is going on. You start on a plan you decide and then if it not working then you change the plan. We saw in the second half that they were the better side and our midfield was going to get overrun. But Ole did not bring any changes. The only solution was to bring on Matic( as he was the only choice and should regret not getting a new midfield player) and push Pogba further forward. Take James off and push Greenwood on. Martial can play on the left and Rashford on the right too. He simply messed it up.
Signs are very worrying for me. Reluctance to try anything before it is very late is something I don't like.

Welbeckham

Should’ve reacted much earlier. We lost the control at half-time and even in the first half we didn’t create enough.

Doesn’t perhaps have the best bench options but he was playing it too safely. James clearly wasn’t working out on RW, should’ve been subbed off before 60 minutes.

Our attacking play clearly wasn’t good enough with those players and that set-up and we lost the control of the game, so draw was what we deserved. He’s not bold enough to do things differently at the moment. Realizing that Matic and Mata aren’t starters is a start though.

Status
Not open for further replies.