Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsd

The Oracle
Get rid . Absolutely clueless to think Rashford and Martial would score the goals we need and I'm sick of his substitutions every game .

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I like him, but he's not shown more than say Mourinho, whilst playing that same bland style of play.
Not saying he wouldn't improve us, but I don't want to see that football again if we can help it.

el3mel

Even with all that there's something people barely mention and that his claimed truth in youth is plain and obvious false and nonsense. When LVG fecked up the squad in summer he started playing loads of youth over the course of this season. Ole puts Gomes outside the entire squad and subs in Greenwood with 10 minutes or so before the end of the game. If you're going to evacuate the majority of the attacking players, the reason is surely to sacrifice the season to develop these youngsters or something ? Ole does neither.

At least LVG has the courage to depend on them in tough times.

El Zoido

Happy with what he’s doing and happy he’s giving youth a chance. I don’t think there’s another manager out there that would do the same. We may not win anything under him but we’re shite no matter who is in charge so what does it even matter anymore? He’s made good signings and promoted the right players from youth. He’s ditched almost all the players he should have. Tactically I’m not sold, but he definitely needs more time. We need to be patient with the redevelopment.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Agreed.

Next time we need to actually hire a progressive manager who favours implementing our game on the opponent instead of being a reactionary side. I'm sick of having managers who are the on the side of the latter.
It's frustrating because he was a brilliant choice for caretaker manager to guide the team during our transition from Mourinho. Now we're in a position where we won't be able to replace him with anybody similar if we keep up this terrible run of form.

I mean really, how often have we seen lesser clubs do this? Rarely seems to work out for them.

Craig Shakespeare, Kenny Dalglish, Tim Sherwood spring to mind.

LJJT

"It's getting there" and "not a dip in form" according to Ole :lol:

God i miss Fergie
He’s right though. We are a pen miss away from beating wolves: same vs palace. We had upteen chances to win today but either the final ball is awful or Rashfords stood in the box with his fingers up his bum. We need a goal scorer

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
No point getting rid of him until a DoF and structure for signing youth and first team players is in place. Which it should have been by now.

Otherwise the new manager will spend 18 months imposing a philosophy until they are sacked and the process continues as infinitum.

MrPooni

How long before people finally accept that Jose was being toxic for a reason? By hook or crook he saw our rotten underbelly and refused to pretend that everything was okay. Ole on the other hand feels like a propagandist.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He's absolutely clueless. His record as our manager is abysmal. His past record as a manager is abysmal. Totally out of his depth. People say our squad is bad but we have supposedly one of the best keepers in the world, the most expensive centre half in the world, one of the most promising young right backs in the world, when played correctly one of the best midfielders in the world and two of the best young strikers. A half decent manager should be able to get a team containing these guys to be beating average teams like Palace and Southampton. He has to go. Simple. The longer he stays the worse it's going to get. I don't get why just because its "Ole" he gets off lightly after this run of results. Its horrendous.
Martial and Rashford are ordinary players. Neither are anything special.

Jimmy_Bond

General consensus: "It's a midtable squad and no manager could succeed with them."

Ole gets us in midtable: "CHANGE THE MANAGEEERREER!!!!!" :mad::mad:

Castia

Keep blaming Ole

Whilst the leaches are in charge adding 2-3 players a season we aren't winning anything get used to it.

johanovic

When Fergie left we had a old team and players of the calibre of Scholes,Rio,Vidic,Giggs,Van Persie,Evra retired or left. The recruitment since then until this summer has been awful to put it mildly . OGS made good signings in Maguire, Bissaka and James and has cleared out some of deadwood and he is not afraid to take desicions. But the hard truth is that there is still a lot to do and Young, Mata,Rojo,Matic,Lingard,Jones to name a few hardly have long left as Man Utd players. Play Gomes, Garner,Greenwood and Chong more as they have more talent than many of the so called senior players.

Eriku

Worse than Moyes, am I reading that correctly? Some people in this thread think he’s worse than Moyes?! Moyes inherited a team who’d just won the league. Does Ole have Rio, Vidic, Evra, Giggs, Carrick, Rooney, Van Persie?

Some people, man. You ever consider some context before spouting your bullshit?! feck me.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If we sack him now, who would you like to replace him with?
First of all, we should have do it last year. But nevermind, what is done is done. There are a lot of managers out there who can replace him. We can throw money on Poch and if he refuse us( and i guess he would) then we should hire Allegri who is free( but he is too defensive and shit like that, right?)

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Not reinforcing the midfield with one or two new options is hurting the team right now, not to mention the lack of a new forward.

What's the point of sacking Ole? Any new manager that comes in at this stage will have to work with the same lacklustre midfield/forward options and will likely produce the same results.

Our current precarious situation is entirely on the board, or better yet, the chairman for not bringing in what was required this summer.

Stacks

What about Klopp and Rodgers? Or Emery and Wenger? Or Poch and the shit managers before him. Or Conte and Mourinho at Chelsea?

Blaming the previous manager for a current managers failings is so lazy
Jose spent 400m and made 9 signing and 2 of them has been a success. That's unprecedented. He has to now replace an entire team

fps

Back him. I'm interested to see how the squad continues to be reshaped by him, and how he brings the young players through. He knows what needs doing, no point getting rid of him.

rhoff113

We're too far away to be a good team for keeping Ole.
We can't have that type of football after 8 months and a preseason.

TBR

First of all, we should have do it last year. But nevermind, what is done is done. There are a lot of managers out there who can replace him. We can throw money on Poch and if he refuse us( and i guess he would) then we should hire Allegri who is free( but he is too defensive and shit like that, right?)
But Poch team isn't exactly cutting up trees.If you were a spurs manager would you be asking for him to be sacked.?

NJM78

He will be fired, I cannot see any other out come. I do not even know where our next win will come from and with Leicester at OT next that is some statement. Feel for him slightly as he wasn’t backed fully in the summer but his managerial skills and overall record does not fill me with any confidence at all.

The 8 wins in a row was amazing and he rightly got the plaudits and the songs but 5 wins in 26 games is less than a 20% win ratio, this is not acceptable at any level. Problem for Ole is we do not have good enough players to go on a run like that again. Losing the players we have lost and not then been replaced has fecked us royally.

izec

Scouser in disguise, pretty sure he is still a fan of them. Held it back all these years, now he will relegate us.

Red_toad

Feel for Ole, he’s lost his striker, has zero holding midfield options and no right winger. Plus he’s force to play Young for the next few weeks.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Ole and his coaching staff maybe need to think a bit more like Mourinho. 4-2-3-1 is badly exposing our lack of midfield depth, our weak defence and taking away half of Pogba's game. Once we go 1-0 up, or sometimes when we're just facing difficult teams, we may need to revert to 4-3-3 with Pogba as our most advanced midfielder and two men covering him. We are not good enough to play in such an open manner. As much as many of us hated him for it, today Jose probably would've brought on Matic as soon as the second half momentum went to Southampton. We'd have played garbage from that point but we probably would've scraped a 1-0. We're not good enough to play any different way.
For all his faults, Mourinho seemed to acknowledge our weaknesses and attempted to work with them. Probably too much actually which is why I think people didn't like him.

Bit wary of saying it though because I'm in no way saying we should have kept him at the club.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I still back him but it could end horribly for him i agree.

We still need to see more changes. Pogba wants to go so i think we should sell him.

Need MFs and an attacker. I dont think Lingarrd is good enough and i have doubts about Mctominah.

At least play pogba in and around the ten channel or a 4-3-3 with him as an attacker. He was absolutely terrible in MF today.

Sp00ks11

Not sure why you’re blaming the media. It was our fan base, myself included who were duped by that night in Paris and a few games before.

Many people warned us, Paul Ince included, yet we sneered at them as jealous frauds.

Fans are to blame for this, no-one else.
No mate, you had plenty of the media saying 'they have to appoint him now don't they' alot of us fans were saying 'lets just wait until the end of the season like planned and decide then' it was a stupid decision to award him the job full time when we hadn't even seen him go through any adversity!

OT1214

I don’t think any good manager will want to manage our current crop of strictly average players. We will be fortunate to have a good team in couple of years if our kids turn out to be good. Ole’s focus should be to play them as much as he can. Its not like we are in a title race or anything to not let the kids play.

Speedicut75

Then don't let them go [and especially dont push them out] until you have a solid plan to replace/improve. That's on the manager surely for sanctioning such sales and deciding he'll 'make do' until the right one becomes available?

I'm no fan of woodward, but I'm quite sure he's not forcing such sales.
I think Ed is a law unto himself in the "sales/recruitment" dept., and you've only got to listen to Jose, Moyes & most stridently, LVG, to know that the autonomy the manager would normally expect was in very short supply.
You could argue that Ole is, perhaps, complicit in the denuding of cover in the squad by not making some sort of protest, but when Jose attempted to highlight the same problem with Ed he was castigated as a whining moaner, who should continue to labour with what he'd been given.

Status
Not open for further replies.