Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnie_ni

You give him credit for shifting players he doesn't want, but then go on to absolve him of all blame for not signing any replacements. If he's not part of a solution, then he's part of the problem. Period.
Id imagine, obviously just guessing, he asked for x y and z to be signed. Thats not his responsibility. Jose had the same problem with ed and made it public, ole will never do that.

C'est Moi Cantona

Unless he purposely asked for no replacements for Lukaku, Herrera, Fellaini, and Sanchez, then you have to back him, he has been left with a squad that is not fit purpose, so we have no way of knowing if he's good enough or not.

reddevil702

Happy with what he’s doing and happy he’s giving youth a chance. I don’t think there’s another manager out there that would do the same. We may not win anything under him but we’re shite no matter who is in charge so what does it even matter anymore? He’s made good signings and promoted the right players from youth. He’s ditched almost all the players he should have. Tactically I’m not sold, but he definitely needs more time. We need to be patient with the redevelopment.
What youth? His talk about trusting youth is just that. Greenwood should have started today, at the minimum he should have been the first sub, not getting 10 minutes. Gomes and Chong have yet to feature when we clearly lack attackers and the ones we have are in bad form.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Worse than Moyes, am I reading that correctly? Some people in this thread think he’s worse than Moyes?! Moyes inherited a team who’d just won the league. Does Ole have Rio, Vidic, Evra, Giggs, Carrick, Rooney, Van Persie?

Some people, man. You ever consider some context before spouting your bullshit?! feck me.

There really is no context, or factual evidence, by which you can claim Ole is as good a manager as Moyes. And outside of Everton, Moyes is legitimately shit.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
First of all, we should have do it last year. But nevermind, what is done is done. There are a lot of managers out there who can replace him. We can throw money on Poch and if he refuse us( and i guess he would) then we should hire Allegri who is free( but he is too defensive and shit like that, right?)
Pochettino won't come to United 4 matches into the season, so that's not even worth discussing.
As for Allegri, he's just boring.
I don't think he'd get much more out of our squad Than Soljkaer is to be honest, Poch may do, but Allegri? Nah.

fps

Even with these results, we're not going to be lower than 5th going into the international break. Then Martial will be back and Fred will be fit! Fred!

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Seriously? Our squad is too shit to score a goal against a 10 man Southampton? He is clueless and way out of his depth. Should never of been hired.
We're throwing a 17 year old on to try do it. Doesn't that ring alarm bells when asking whether the squad is good enough?

NK86

"It's getting there" and "not a dip in form" according to Ole :lol:

God i miss Fergie
Are there more quotes from his post match interview? Fergie would have not been happy with either the team, the ref, the opposing manager, the pitch.. something at least. This guy thinks all is hunky dory or at least pretends to do so. Ffs, show some emotion. He sits there like a guy waiting to catch a train and with no music available. He seems bored on the touchline. I am absolutely hating this. This is getting very bad and not sure how it will be turned around.

Will Woodward, Glazers actually hold a performance review and will Ole have the balls to tell them the squad isn't good enough and for them to retort that he isn't up to it either? Are they actually honest with each other?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Not even a better manager than Moyes.
Pathetic post!

Squad is too thin, players are too young,inexperienced,average,inconsistent. It does look like the inevitable..again.

What sums us up, 15 Years ago a Rashford would come in a team that is establish for him to get experience. Now he's the main man and we reliant on him. We just too reliant on players that aren't good enough yet.
Hard to disagree with any of that.
The 3 signings we made are turning out to be good. Why we didn’t invest in more quality? Some of the excuses have been dire.
Fernandes -“ gives the ball away too often.” What? more than Pereira?

Lingard? What’s his excuse for shooting when players are in better positions? Did Ole address that?
No back up striker in case of injury is criminal

Castia

He looks tactically naive and out of his depth at this level. It seems already we're just delying the inevitable by not sacking him but not sure who would be willing to replace him under this ownership.

How was he naive today though? Southampton did nothing for almost 90 minutes and scored from a re-crossed corner

We're creating chances, we just dont have the quality to finish teams off. James has had 1 season in Championship football and already looks twice the player of the rest, it shows you what level these lot are at.

Rashford was fecking gash today, he offered absolutely nothing both on and off the ball, James must have put 3 balls in on the 6 yard line and he was nowhere in sight.

Bojan11

Pochettino won't come to United 4 matches into the season, so that's not even worth discussing.
As for Allegri, he's just boring.
I don't think he'd get much more out of our squad Than Soljkaer is to be honest, Poch may do, but Allegri? Nah.
What? Why wouldn’t Allegri? He’s miles better than Ole.

OLLY ORANGE

Same old Ole interview we were not clinical enough. Dejavu
So why Ole did you let two attacking forwards leave and subsidise matority of his wages and not replace either or the void Fellaini left.
Your judgement on what you have attacking wise is what you will be judged on when you fall short of progression.
Im afraid he's a Yes man for the board.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
You’re mental if you think we’ve created a lot, or just forgotten what it’s like to watch good football. Those Rashford chances were half chances at best. AWB was offside.

The chances we had were pretty much all self made, ie Greenwood, Young. Says it all that Southampton has a man sent off and all we thought of doing was smashing balls into the box, pretty much making it irrelevant that they have a player less.

But yes, upgrade 3 of the front 6 and we have a decent team just like most of the top 10 in the Premier League. Problem is we haven’t.
Haha. Fair enough mate.

soralapio

The current problems are not Ole's fault in any way. The team (and him) were hamstrung when United messed up Herrera's contract negotiations so bad he got his head turned by PSG and left, AND then Woodward failed to sign the midfielder United already needed last season and now CRITICALLY needed.

Because of this failure, Pogba has to be played out of position, and either Mata (still good in passing but physically not the player United need anymore) or Lingard (playing like garbage for God knows how many months now) have to be in the team. If you push Pogba up higher, you have to bring in Matic, who is also extremely limited and not up to the level required.

Even if you brought in Pep Guardiola tomorrow, that would still be the situation. United will not be successful until the situation at the top changes, and the situation at the top will not change until the club becomes unprofitable.

So why Ole did you let two attacking forwards leave and subsidise matority of his wages and not replace either or the void Fellaini left.
First off, how do you figure it was him who did the letting?

Second, it's laughable that suddenly Alexis, who has been WRETCHEDLY awful for United in all but ... one? of his games, is being portrayed as some kind of saviour. He is the worst signing United have ever made, because he played like garbage, and was on massive, financially crippling wages.

Lukaku was also an extremely unreliable finisher last season, and you can go to pretty much any matchday thread and find pages of people complaining about him missing absolute sitters game after game. He was also, by all accounts, a bad influence in the dressing room.

Both players 100% needed to go. I definitely agree that an attacking player should have been brought in regardless, but that doesn't change that both Alexis and Lukaku needed to go.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
No mate, you had plenty of the media saying 'they have to appoint him now don't they' alot of us fans were saying 'lets just wait until the end of the season like planned and decide then' it was a stupid decision to award him the job full time when we hadn't even seen him go through any adversity!
Not that many. 80% were on the ole train, including most of Old Trafford.

I personally don't think you can blame the media for anything, it comes with the turf at this club.

Greck

Somehow 3 of our last 4 hires haven't had an attacking system. You'll need to be actively trying to be this incompetent. You could pick names out of a hat at random and not have this kind of an outcome

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Keep blaming Ole

Whilst the leaches are in charge adding 2-3 players a season we aren't winning anything get used to it.
By this logic should we have not sacked Moyes or the others ? The same leeches were in charge then as well.

AC1689

He is the worst performing permanent manager in Manchester United’s history. A win rate of 19%.

Not won an away game since March.

Those saying back him are either stupid or drunk.

The_Order

I'll still back him

Not even Pep would get anything out of this squad

all of Ole's signings have been the men of the match in all our games.

If we can sort the midfield out, things will start to look better.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Are there more quotes from his post match interview? Fergie would have not been happy with either the team, the ref, the opposing manager, the pitch.. something at least. This guy thinks all is hunky dory or at least pretends to do so. Ffs, show some emotion. He sits there like a guy waiting to catch a train and with no music available. He seems bored on the touchline. I am absolutely hating this. This is getting very bad and not sure how it will be turned around.

Will Woodward, Glazers actually hold a performance review and will Ole have the balls to tell them the squad isn't good enough and for them to retort that he isn't up to it either? Are they actually honest with each other?
Didn’t they just hire a performance analyst?

He could start right there?
“ Ole, you’re clueless. “ “ Next!”

Dinghy

Seriously? Our squad is too shit to score a goal against a 10 man Southampton? He is clueless and way out of his depth. Should never of been hired.
We only got one man that can unlock defenses, so yes, our squad is shit, and we lack quality on the ball when up against teams that defends low.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
We're throwing a 17 year old on to try do it. Doesn't that ring alarm bells when asking whether the squad is good enough?
Ole had a full transfer window to shape a squad he needed to make top 4 at least. He is responsible for the squad and the results. He is and was way out of his level of managing.

flappyjay

Should have shown some balls and started Greenwood today. People keep saying rashy got his debut because of injuries only. No you have to have a manager who trusts a young player with the responsibility. Lvg probably throws Greenwood from the start, the football would be dire but he definitely would have started. This is going to be one long international break.

OrcaFat

Back him. I'm interested to see how the squad continues to be reshaped by him, and how he brings the young players through. He knows what needs doing, no point getting rid of him.
Amen.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
We only got one man that can unlock defenses, so yes, our squad is shit, and we lack quality on the ball when up against teams that defends low.
Ole had a full transfer window to shape a squad he needed to make top 4 at least. He is responsible for the squad and the results. He is and was way out of his level of managing.

RepardReece

Don't know what to think really, obviously, he doesn't have the squad he wants but it's clear that he doesn't have much of a clue either. I saw no CDM links in the summer and the fact we aren't playing Matic is worrying as Pogba needs to be higher up the pitch, it's a must, I honestly think he'd make a better CAM than CM.

That being said we have to back him until we get the replacements for everyone leaving the club. It's clear he wanted another midfielder but from all the links it was an attacking mid, which I've always believed that's what Pogba needs to be? Right now I don't know where we will end up, it's not looking good thus far.

Honestly starting to think Mourinho did a lot better than we all thought.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Jose spent 400m and made 9 signing and 2 of them has been a success. That's unprecedented. He has to now replace an entire team
But it's not though. Klopp and Poch were both left shambles of squads that had been bloated with terrible signings under previous managers and they made it work.

I'm not expecting miracles from Ole but a good manager should be able to come in and at the least get the team playing better, show signs of them adapting to his style of play and make the players he has perform better. We've actually been worse under Ole in the last 15 games than at ANY point under our last three managers for feck sake!

manunited1919

There’s no way I they sack him now. And it will be a mistake to sack him when we are in the lower half of the table, where we are headed.

dev1l

Definitely back him. Till now he shifted off 5 or 6 players which were clearly past their best and brought in 3 new signings -all of which impressed.

He is also slowly inserting younger players such as Greenwood,Perriera and McTominay, all of which.are works in progress.
In order to reap the fruits , time is needed. Young players tend to be inconsistent, and those expecting us to start winning all the games from the start of a season with so many changes taking place are deluded

Schneckerl

Back him. What's the alternative?
We're in rebuilding mode anyways. The current squad doesn't have the potential to challenge for anything. The new signings look good, so does getting rid of deadwood.

reddevil702

Chelsea have more of an identity than United and Lampard’s been there what 2 months? Results won’t come right away but performances and style of play show where a team is headed.

Smores

Can't recall the rest but sure they'll be up here soon.

Fergie would have admitted it wasn't good enough and yeah probably deflected but he never just pretended things were great. It's what Moyes did because he didn't know what else to do and knew it was him.

Mainoldo

Who’s choice is that? Last year we weren’t throwing on anyone below 20.

This is Ole’s choice!! He can get sacked on it too.

Sp00ks11

Not that many. 80% were on the ole train, including most of Old Trafford.

I personally don't think you can blame the media for anything, it comes with the turf at this club.
80% of our fans think Rashford is going to be world class and that Kane was a 1 season wonder and not worth 40 million pound...

Status
Not open for further replies.