Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AneRu

Going to presume you've spent the entire week with the squad in training to know who should be picked and who shouldn't be. Either that or you're complaining about nothing.
Performances of the players seem to suggest that the one who is watching them is either clueless or blind. Let's not kid ourselves, the football is awful and the tactics are meh.

Iowred

Correct players or not I just don’t see improvements under ole. He talks about youth yet matic, linderof, mata and young all starting. Ole simply isn’t a quality coach and will not be able to improve the players we have. We’ll be lucky to finish top 8 this year.

I’d rather us lose playing Gomes, axel, Chong etc. At least they’d run a little

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
The only question is whether he will be remembered a tad better than Moyes or even worse.
David Moyes took charge of a team who just won the Premier League. Ole has totally different circumstances.

Idxomer

Dismal football, a mix of our worst periods under the last three managers. No quality whatsoever on or off the ball and every player is so isolated, each one might as well be playing in a different game to the others.

Woodzy

We probably have the most average squad we've had post-Fergie, and I would even say our football is the worst it's been (although it's easy to forget some of the shit we've served up over the last 6 years).

El Zoido

I can't imagine another manager is going to immediately get much more from this weak, weak squad.
My thoughts too. We just now need to keep this group together and improve on it during each transfer window. If a really top class manager is available then we can consider a change.

bleedred

Yeah, I think he is done. Irrespective of the result today, we look absolutely clueless in the final third, as bad under the previous three managers.

That was absolutely dire and predictable.

Stepney73

I think he has an hour to save his job to be quite honest.

Who will we replace him with?

No top manager would touch us with a ten foot barge pole(and I wouldn't blame them either with the club set up as it is)

adr10

It was definitely easier to watch under Moyes and LVG. We're literally doing nothing on the pitch.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Nothing is working at the moment.
Too much lobs to forwards who has zero competency on air.
Side ways a tad much by mata, supposedly a creative force.
Matic turns like a bus.
Centerbacks ball watching..
Depressing

dove

We probably have the most average squad we've had post-Fergie, and I would even say our football is the worst it's been (although it's easy to forget some of the shit we've served up over the last 6 years).
Average squad combined with an absolutely terrible manager and we have what we have.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Shit team selection. If he had little to choose from, that's on him too. He was happy enough with his squad going into the season, which anyone could see was daft.

nils

The thing that is most infuriating is the statement "Manchester United should never be outworked on the pitch!", when that`s happening every week now.

AndreiKarolJordi

Not manager squad shocking cant keep the same deadwood not good enought get rid id rather loose and have the youth out.

Skills

Snitch
What exactly is Solksjaer’s tactics?
Saying what people want to hear, and letting the moronic sections of the fan base lap it up.

High pressing, attacking or some other buzzword of the week.

Zoo

I can’t accept a team that looks scared to lose. Big second half coming up.

ArjenIsM3

Dismal football, a mix of our worst periods under the last three managers. No quality whatsoever on or off the ball and every player is so isolated, each one might as well be playing in a different game to the others.
Opportunistic bollocks. This was our worst half in his entire tenure but in no way shape or form is this a fair representation of how we usually play under Ole. This was actually pretty similar to what Jose used to serve up except it was actually Jose's plan back then and this is just us playing shite and doing nothing right under Ole.

NinjaFletch

So, all these teams are better than us and we can't expect any semblance of football?
Not really. The team today looks mid table on paper and you're getting midtable performances.

If you didn't brace yourself for this in August more fool you. The writing was on the wall.

Absolutely clueless, needs to leave the club immediately. Our squad might be midtable quality but midtable sides play 10x better football and don't just rely on jammy pens to bail them out

Denis79

Dont worry after the game he will be smiling and joking around. The team is young, work in progress, back in his day, something like that
I would be laughing as well with the squad he has, I support him because I feel he hasn't been backed at all by the board. The amount of 'potential' we sold/lost is overwhelming to what we bought. All that said I don't know if Ole is the man to take us forward but he's not given an honest chance to show if he is.

red4ever 79

I would be laughing as well with the squad he has, I support him because I feel he hasn't been backed at all by the board. The amount of 'potential' we sold/lost is overwhelming to what we bought. All that said I don't know if Ole is the man to take us forward but he's not given an honest chance to show if he is.
We havent improved. What is better now than when Ole took over? Tactically inept, poor in game decision making and no identity substance or style

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Can anyone explain what Carrick does exactly?

He' basically a fan that gets to sit on the bench as he obviously offers nothing tactically.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Would sacking him do anything at this point? Who do you bring in and what can you expect as far as results goes?
It seems like we haven't made a step forward since the Moyes days.

Kostov

He goes in line with Moyes and LVG by the looks of it. It gives me the vibe that we can play for ours and still not score a goal, which is depressing

Martialfc

I don’t think it’s Ole’s fault. We’ve had 6-7 years of bad management terrible signings and no system. We are in a disastrous state and it’s not going to be fixed over night. Give Ole time. Young, Matic and Mata are finished but unfortunately we have to play them as the squad is so thin. The fact is we have very very average players in this squad. If I was you I’d lower your expectations like I have. We have a failed winger as our left back starting today and people expect us to beat teams. It’s going to take time unfortunately the best we can hope for is for city to run away with the league so the scum don’t win it. Strap in guys we are in for a bumpy ride.

Rendezvous with Ronaldo

Supports
Hartlepool
Oh for goodness sake, at least wait until the game is over before the lynching. I should also point out that Ole is one of the few redeeming qualities your club has (along with match-going/local fans).

And I very specifically mean the match-going and local ones.

Madzik_92

I've been seeing Lampard's Chelsea played much better than Ole's team. But yes they have problem in defence but you can see their attacking movement. Come on don't tell me that we need another millions for that. Norwich also plays better than us. I'm not hating Ole but only his tactic, it is sucks. I know that he clearing up the deadwood and bla³. But come on the world and game is changing. If he plays great entertaining football then yes we could trust him. From what i've seen he's not the man for us to winning honourable title. He may be gone before that. Another mistake or great plan from the board to save some quid. Really stupid mistake again and again. Sigh..

Status
Not open for further replies.