Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darlington Padgett

Opportunistic bollocks. This was our worst half in his entire tenure but in no way shape or form is this a fair representation of how we usually play under Ole. This was actually pretty similar to what Jose used to serve up except it was actually Jose's plan back then and this is just us playing shite and doing nothing right under Ole.
This is a fair representation of how we usually play. We've played like this every game after that chelsea game. He's a bad manager, can't see any sort of progress or identity. I see no shape on attack or any sort of movement. He talks about pressing and we press with two players and that's it.

Denis79

We havent improved. What is better now than when Ole took over? Tactically inept, poor in game decision making and no identity substance or style
I agree we're poor, even shit poor but we were shit under one of the best tactical managers in the world with a squad that was 'potentially' better than this one. Our squad is inadequate for the task at hand.

RepardReece

Boring, clueless & cowardly football. Why do people think we’re playing well under Ole?
I don't understand though, we played so we'll when he first took over. It was really exciting football especially in them first 3 games. Why can't they play like that? Team is clearly capable of playing better.

evil_geko

Everyone jumping on Ole here, but what is a very experienced assistant he has also doing here?

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
I have massive doubts about Ole but can we at least wait till FT before starting to analyze what we've done today?

There's a chance (albeit small) we could turn this around.... or so I hope.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Its also hilarious having one of the lowest quality managers in the league
These people talking about the squad. Were the ones saying “give Ole a window and see what he does” now after his window they talk about a crap squad but say “give Ole 3 years”

Scotty McT

I can't imagine another manager is going to immediately get much more from this weak, weak squad.
Isn't that argument essentially that Ole is either one of the best tacticians and motivators in the world and/or that managers aren't really that important in football?

ArjenIsM3

This is a fair representation of how we usually play. We've played like this every game after that chelsea game. He's a bad manager, can't see any sort of progress or identity. I see no shape on attack or any sort of movement. He talks about pressing and we press with two players and that's it.
No we haven't. We've usually been fairly dominant, especially in possession. This game we're struggling to keep the ball. We usually have plenty of shots, this game we don't. He usually has us pressing high and with decent coordination though it could be better, this game our pressing has been abysmal especially by Matic and Pereira.

NinjaFletch

Ole isn’t good enough either and there’s nothing in his career suggests otherwise. I thought we’d atleast be good at running the way he was banging on about it during the back end of last season.
Perhaps not, but he could be absolutely fine and still be asked to achieve whatever our goals are this season with a paper thin squad lacking in quality in key positions.

I mean, just look at what Juan Mata just did for fecks sake.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Perhaps not, but he could be absolutely fine and still be asked to achieve whatever our goals are this season with a paper thin squad lacking in quality in key positions.

I mean, just look at what Juan Mata just did for fecks sake.
We're not even struggling against a good team. West Ham are garbage and we can't create shit.

Greck

Don't know what the XG will say at fulltime but we never look like we have a plan scoring wise

redIndianDevil

Saying what people want to hear, and letting the moronic sections of the fan base lap it up.

High pressing, attacking or some other buzzword of the week.
This. I cannot believe some of our fanbase, Mourinho had so much support showing absolutely no improvement, now it's Solksjaer. At least van Gaal spoke about philosophy and a way of playing(however boring it was). It's nothing but buzzwords from Solksjaer. No doubt if we lose this, it will be attributed to Pogba, Martial missing, us not buying players, Glazers and Woodward.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Isn't that argument essentially that Ole is either one of the best tacticians and motivators in the world and/or that managers aren't really that important in football?
It's more that there's a severe limit on what even a much better manager can immediately do when taking over a squad that fundamentally isn't good enough when he has no opportunity to bring other players in or time to get his ideas across.

Shark

@NotShark
For all the talk of Ole being some kind of transfer mastermind, not replacing Lukaku was borderline insane. Ole will have us in relegation come the time he’s sacked, mark my words.

NK86

The bad parts combined. We are as boring as under LvG but without the possession.
He talked and talked about fitness being an issue as to the poor performances towards the end of last season. If anything we look equally poor with no pressing and if there is, it is absolutely haphazard and more headless chicken.

El Zoido

For all the talk of Ole being some kind of transfer mastermind, not replacing Lukaku was borderline insane. Ole will have us in relegation come the time he’s sacked, mark my words.
Ole wanted a replacement, he wasn’t given one. Blame the Glazers, fecking leeches.

Rafaeldagold

Thank feck we sold Alexis and d'Onchi without replacing them, now we can play JLingz14boiiii up front.
Yep what vision from the manager & the club. We’re such a mess & starting to become an average side with an average manager.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Thank feck we sold Alexis and d'Onchi without replacing them, now we can play JLingz14boiiii up front.
This is where those of us who wanted to keep Alexis were coming from.

Yes, he's been an awful transfer, but at least he's an option.

BlueHaze

I seriously wonder what he has them doing in training for them to pick up this many injuries.

Somethings wrong. I have the same feeling about this as I did with Moyes. It won't end well..

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Cannot wait until he’s sacked. The first team is going no where until that happens. He’s got nothing other than the-not-being-Mourinho and 99-nostalgia schtick.

He brought on a guy who hasn’t score in 9 months since the manager’s very first game to chase an equaliser. Almost any other choice would have had more to offer.

He’s the worst manager is the league and has no chance of getting another job when the inevitable happens.

bleedred

I disagree with the argument today’s squad was not capable of winning this game because of the injuries we have had, just switch the managers and the result would be different.

SAFMUTD

Once again he looks completely lost, everytime they get him on camera during the match he looks out of his depth.

ManRed

What has Mata done all game? 1 good thing..please tell me. I will wait. An embarrassment!! Still not replaced by Ole

Status
Not open for further replies.