Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbers

Another game closer to the end of the failed Ole experiment.

Silver linings and all.

"Attacking football". ha ha ha

Suedesi

He's got to fecking go, the team appears clueless on the field. He should go, Ed should go but Glazers won't sanction that.

Then again Glazers are like ArsenalFanTV: they profit when the fanbase generates online buzz about the team.

Chairman Steve

2 wins in 12 league games is abysmal for any team in the English football pyramid. I don’t get why some people can say “no you’re stupid, we’re making progress. it’s a long term project. give it 3 years so he can shape the team” with straight faces.

Just because there’s been ONE instance in English football where a manager didn’t do too much in his first three years, then went on and dominated English football for the next twenty and it just happened to be Utd, doesn’t mean it’s going to happen every time. Football has changed radically since the 80s and there are plenty of examples out there where a new manager can get a team playing a certain way literally within half a season and that team goes onwards and upwards.

Robbie Boy

This isn’t working and it won’t work. He’s not up to it. I’m literally coasting through watching games with zero emotion. This is how I felt when I realised Moyes, LvG and Jose had to go.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Good game and played well. Team gave it their all, come close a few times.

Axel gave away a silly goal. Young players will do that. Massive game from him and he’ll inprove.
It’s amazing how agenda driven you are. If we had the same record over the past 20 games or so under Jose, with the football that we’ve been playing, you’d be losing your bloody mind.

Sir Scott McToMinay

The quality of players he has to choose from at the moment borders on abysmal, but the team selections aren’t making a lot of sense. Pogba isn’t working deep and the likes of Lingard and Pereira seem to have a free pass to play as terribly as they see fit.

That we have the likes of Young at full back is also partly on him. Anybody could see Shaw picking up injuries and having to use halfwits like him in his place.

Ole needs incredible funds to rectify the mess Mourinho made of purchasing players in midfield and attack.
Mourinho is one of the greatest managers of all time who won trophies here , Ole is a nobody who was sacked by Cardiff whilst leaving them 17th in the championship in September.
He won’t be here in two months either way, we’re simply throwing away a full
season just so the suits don’t make themselves look clueless or classless, what a joke.

Idxomer

It's very amusing at this point that he sent Greenwood and Fred to warm-up only after Arsenal had scored.

It's like he's thinking that everything is alright and working according to plan and there's no need to change his magic formula.

Smores

He should just resign and save some face.

I think he just thinks he/we are unlucky

Kag

Mourinho is one of the greatest managers of all time who won trophies here , Ole is a nobody who was sacked by Cardiff whilst leaving them 17th in the championship in September.
He won’t be here in two months either way, we’re simply throwing away a full
season just so the suits don’t make themselves look clueless or classless, what a joke.
“Ole is a nobody”.

Wankers like you are a blight on the club.

For what it’s worth, he’ll also be here in two months time.

hobbers

Err oh err we'll learn oh err err the start err oh err going somewhere oh where err err

Castia

Seems happy with the performance....laughing and smiling.

‘Great attitude and desire’..you’ve won 2 games in the last 40, the players were walking for 45 minutes against West Ham and the performance against Rochdale was a disgrace.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
He crippled himself (or allowed himself to be crippled) with a threadbare squad with no goalscorers. On top of that, he's clueless tactically, especially with in-game management. His selections reek of favouritism or blind stubborn 'faith' in players like Young, Pereira and Lingard. None of the players have improved since he's been manager. We have won 2 in 15, and have had a worse start than Moyes.

He won't make it past the halfway mark, the way this is going. We're not going to finish in EL places as well, forget top 4.

Infra-red

Interviewer: "Is there anything you can do as a coach to improve things?"

Solskjaer: "Yes, we keep trusting the players."

So no, then.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Liverpool would have dicked us good and proper tonight. We’re a clueless mess.
Jose got the boot after losing to them. History could repeat itself. If we don't win at Newcastle and lose to Liverpool it's got to be time to sack him.

Sir Scott McToMinay

“Ole is a nobody”.

He is a managerial nobody, he is way out of his depth and he won’t be here by December, guaranteed, he isn’t even a championship level manager, you know it and I know it. You and your sentimentality can do one.

dove

“Ole is a nobody”.

Of course he will be, breaking all the negative records that are still left to break but knowing our board is useless and fanbase is deluded, he will stay until our season is completely fecked beyond repair. Would be typical from Ed.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Peter Schmeichel is questioning 'What is United's plan when they have the ball? Their shape is hard to identify and its difficult to identify what they are trying to do. I don't understand what is the plan at United, I am quite confused.'
How long before Ole supporters tear into Pete for being a 'spoilt' 'moronic' 'idiot' who has 'unrealistic expectations' from this team. :lol:

Shark

@NotShark
Seems happy with the performance....laughing and smiling.
Just like with Moyes, I can’t even watch him at this point, I just want it to end. I just want to remember him as a total legend for us on the pitch.

edcunited1878

I made a post earlier on it. But here's the updated table after our match vs Arsenal tonight. To no ones' surprise we are still ranked 18th in PL table when it comes scoring from open play. Hopefully penny will drop soon for many who are seeing 'amazing progress' in our football.

But then Bournemouth and Watford are complete outliers, and Southampton? Just trying to fit a narrative. United are missing chances and lack quality. This is the lowest quality United the past 2 plus decades.

astracrazy

"Ole will bring attacking football". Ah, like it was yesterday when i read those comments here
I seem to remember it was all because of the lack of fitness and preseason would rectify that. I guess we should of asked what preseason

redshaw

Said before he's on thin ice and could go if we don't get many points in these four games leading up to 10 played in total but I can see some resolve in the players, James, McTom and others. We have some new players and younger ones plus some who haven't played much trying to find some rhythm together.

Next three games
Newcastle H
Liverpool H
Norwich A

Romez

Same shite every game this time with added baffling decisions.

I don’t understand how anyone has faith in him when he won’t change anything.

Keeps persisting with 4231.
Keeps persisting with Pogba deep.
Keeps persisting with Lingard as a 10.
Keeps persisting with Pereira on the wing.

Change something FFS. 433. Bring Fred in. Gomes and/or Greenwood too, feck it.

Look at the mess we’re in. It surely can’t be worse than doing the same thing over and over.

dev1l

Of course he will be, breaking all the negative records that are still left to break but knowing our board is useless and fanbase is deluded, he will stay until our season is completely fecked beyond repair. Would be typical from Ed.
Cannot be more negative than your posts for sure..:)

el3mel

His interviews and pressing are very uninspiring and not worth watching to be totally honest. Too much generic talking, zero working.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Quite clearly that he's out of his depth but sacking him alone won't make much difference in the longer run. We might get a new manager bounce but in a year's time it will be the exact same story over again. A total clearout is needed. Glazers and Woodward out. Start from scratch and do it properly.
The last bit won't happen and I'm not so sure I agree it's not possible to succeed if you get the right manager. Pretty much how Liverpool lucked out with Klopp.

Chairman Steve

Interviewer: "Is there anything you can do as a coach to improve things?"

Solskjaer: "Yes, we keep trusting the players."

So no, then.
Did he really just say that? That’s worst fears coming true for me if so. He’s blindly hoping these players can pull something out of their arse in every game.

Denis79

Same shite every game this time with added baffling decisions.

I don’t understand how anyone has faith in him when he won’t change anything.

Keeps persisting with 4231.
Keeps persisting with Pogba deep.
Keeps persisting with Lingard as a 10.
Keeps persisting with Pereira on the wing.

Change something FFS. 433. Bring Fred in. Gomes and/or Greenwood too, feck it.

Look at the mess we’re in. It surely can’t be worse than doing the same thing over and over.
I honestly expected us to do worse, this wasn't a bad display looking at how we've played in the previous 3 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.