Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kag

He is a managerial nobody, he is way out of his depth and he won’t be here by December, guaranteed, you know it and I know it.
Do one.
You’re calling Ole Gunnar Solskjaer a “nobody”.

But I’m the one that needs to do one.

I’ve provided constructive criticism of the manager. But I’m doing it rationally. I’m also highlighting the piss poor recruitment that has contributed to the club fielding a front four of James, Rashford, Lingard and Pereira on a weekly basis. That’s a midtable attacking unit that is a million miles away from what United should be fielding.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
We should have just hired some clown instead for a minimum wage. Saves the budget while having similar qualities for the job.
By the sounds of it half the so called “fans” in here should run the club, clearly they know better

2 wins in 12 league games is abysmal for any team in the English football pyramid. I don’t get why some people can say “no you’re stupid, we’re making progress. it’s a long term project. give it 3 years so he can shape the team” with straight faces.

Just because there’s been ONE instance in English football where a manager didn’t do too much in his first three years, then went on and dominated English football for the next twenty and it just happened to be Utd, doesn’t mean it’s going to happen every time. Football has changed radically since the 80s and there are plenty of examples out there where a new manager can get a team playing a certain way literally within half a season and that team goes onwards and upwards.
Klopp was given time....now look how good he’s made Liverpool.

Yet even after players that we bought have worked - and they have - “Fans” still want more and more. United fans are an absolute joke. Too used to winning, spoilt entitled brats. Don’t have the patience and always expect a win and when they don’t get it want to throw out their shiny new toy & when that shiny new toy don’t work how they want it to, they too throw it out and want to change it until they get what they want. Before they realise it doesn’t work and everyone else around them has passed them by when they’re still scrapping around for something they yearn for so much they’d rather destroy the foundations of a club they’ve grown to love because their selfish delusions have made them believe that we should win every game because “we’re man utd”

Well I’m sorry, but as a fan, a REAL fan, you should take the rough with the smooth, we’re in a bad patch right now, don’t be all crazy and delusional and think that man utd will be in a relegation scrap because they won’t, there’s other teams worse than us. Don’t be so ridiculous. Being a fan of a football team requires you to accept losses and accept when its not going the way that you want it to. Well news flash. We simply aren’t as good as we used to be! Get over it!

In time we’ll return to where we were. Admit the fact it will take several years before we dominate again & enjoy the ride along the way.

But the one thing you cannot do is keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. It won’t happen. Give Ole time to get HIS team in and see how results go then.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
But then Bournemouth and Watford are complete outliers, and Southampton? Just trying to fit a narrative. United are missing chances and lack quality. This is the lowest quality United the past 2 plus decades.
There is no narrative. We are a poorly coached team which struggles to fashion chances. I know we don't have the same quality as we had in years gone by but please we have no business being that low down in the table when it comes to creating from open play. Lampard's kindergarten are creating chances for fun and he lost his best player plus had a transfer ban.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He's a company man and that's why they picked him. He took this summer laying down and will continue to let Ed Woodward run the footballing side of the club into the ground without so much as a peep. I keep thinking we've hit our low point, but the more time that passes, the more it looks like we may have a ways to fall yet...
That's what keeps getting me too. Every week i think that's it, we've hit our lowest point now, how can it possibly get any worse? And up steps Ole to deliver another abomination of a performance to make me reconsider my sanity! :lol:

Newcastle away & Liverpool next. I'm expecting us to be near the bottom of the table after them & hopefully that will be the end of this cute little experiment with Ole.

Enigma_87

You know who
Who cares anyway. Just let them finish the season and break our worst records during that time.

It's good as over.

predator

Youth NITK
I'm on the fence. Im not convinced at all atm but I do think we should probably just give him time. You can see what he is trying to do and if it takes one or two full seasons then I will be more than happy to give him time.

Many people think it isn't going to work even after 5 years of trying under Ole and I cant argue against that viewpoint either.

Infra-red

Did he really just say that? That’s worst fears coming true for me if so. He’s blindly hoping these players can pull something out of their arse in every game.
He said he expects the players to get better as the season goes along due to increased experience and that tonight was a steep learning curve for us. I don't think even he knows what he's talking about anymore.

Kag

We really are turning into a proper midtable side under him. Sorry stuff.
Apart from De Gea, Maguire and Pogba the rest of the team that played today wouldn’t look out of place in midtable. James is a good egg and Lindelof is decent. The rest are playing at their level, ultimately.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
What is most worrying is that we have no attacking play. You look at City and you see how they create chance after chance. We could barely create anything today when arsenal had ten men behind the ball. Only in counter attacks could we create something.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I'm on the fence. Im not convinced at all atm but I do think we should probably just give him time. You can see what he is trying to do and if it takes one or two full seasons then I will be more than happy to give him time.

Many people think it isn't going to work even after 5 years of trying under Ole and I cant argue against that viewpoint either.
Genuinely curious what that is?

Asger

Villa and Watford have managed more than a single goal against Arsenal this season. This excuse just doesn't hold up anymore, unfortunately. He's completely out of his depth.

Not to add, he is the one choosing these players. Greenwood has been one of the shining lights this season, he didn't have the balls to start him over a clearly unfit Rashford. He chose to start Lingard over Gomes. He chooses to play Pogba as a DM. He chose to start a CB over a genuine fullback. These are his decisions. This coupled with our absolute terrible football and you have someone clearly out of their depth.
Pogba is bad wherever he playes, was he one today? Was even worse when he was changed to AM role.

NJM78

His legend is the only thing keeping him here. It seems to me he will just keep getting a free pass.

I have as much faith in his managerial ability as I do in Rashford scoring 30 goals this season.

Infra-red

If we don't win at the weekend and lose to Liverpool we could be about 14/15th. That's not good enough.
It is absolutely dreadful I agree, but there's little prospect of improving under Carrick/Phelan/whoever and dumping your manager before Christmas gives the appearance of panic, desperation and incompetence, not things our Board will want to be associated with.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Could be sacked. This is not us creating 30 chances and just being unlucky. We are not creating much. We have no attacking nous to our play.

Judas

Open to offers
Just really feel like he's sending them out there and telling them "play!" which....isn't really going to do the job with a team like that. This team desperately needs some work on the training pitch, that's how average teams end up doing well.

Sir Scott McToMinay

You’re calling Ole Gunnar Solskjaer a “nobody”.

But I’m the one that needs to do one.

I’ve provided constructive criticism of the manager. But I’m doing it rationally. I’m also highlighting the piss poor recruitment that has contributed to the club fielding a front four of James, Rashford, Lingard and Pereira on a weekly basis. That’s a midtable attacking unit that is a million miles away from what United should be fielding.
Learn to separate Ole the player and Ole the manager, the two are not connected, this is ridiculous.
We’re getting worse and worse, this is plain to see, clubs should have standards, this is nowhere near good enough, not even with that squad of players.
He is a piss poor manager and he won’t make it here, some things are obvious, this is one of them.
He has no business managing at this level after his stint with Cardiff.
What a sentimental horseshite disaster this appointment has turned out to be.

Eriku

...so Keano says he needs to be given time.

Keano isn’t one to sugar-coat, but I assume this is just down to him coddling Ole or being a shill for United, right? Or just straight up clueless, and the raging mob on the Caf knows better?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Woodward will probably sack him to shift the blame once again from himself. December perhaps ?

Just wondering who's going to be next manager for sacking.

dove

By the sounds of it half the so called “fans” in here should run the club, clearly they know better

Klopp was given time....now look how good he’s made Liverpool.

Yet even after players that we bought have worked - and they have - “Fans” still want more and more. United fans are an absolute joke. Too used to winning, spoilt entitled brats. Don’t have the patience and always expect a win and when they don’t get it want to throw out their shiny new toy & when that shiny new toy don’t work how they want it to, they too throw it out and want to change it until they get what they want. Before they realise it doesn’t work and everyone else around them has passed them by when they’re still scrapping around for something they yearn for so much they’d rather destroy the foundations of a club they’ve grown to love because their selfish delusions have made them believe that we should win every game because “we’re man utd”

Well I’m sorry, but as a fan, a REAL fan, you should take the rough with the smooth, we’re in a bad patch right now, don’t be all crazy and delusional and think that man utd will be in a relegation scrap because they won’t, there’s other teams worse than us. Don’t be so ridiculous. Being a fan of a football team requires you to accept losses and accept when its not going the way that you want it to. Well news flash. We simply aren’t as good as we used to be! Get over it!

In time we’ll return to where we were. Admit the fact it will take several years before we dominate again & enjoy the ride along the way.

But the one thing you cannot do is keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. It won’t happen. Give Ole time to get HIS team in and see how results go then.
:lol: We are where we are because we lower our expectations so much that you would think we are some Norwich level team. Our problem is firstly hiring wrong managers and secondly not knowing when to get rid of them, we just delay the inevitable until it’s impossible to save the season. Like in this case, it’s painfully clear Ole is out of his depth here but we won’t take any action until it’s too late.

We are a laughing stock and our fans are generally deluded when it comes to the managers. We are the only ones in the world creating banners and songs for managers who have won feck all with us and sometimes even before their first match. We have lots of fans who think any average manager can turn into SAF if only he is given at least 5 years and £400m to buy his team. Managers at all other clubs are being evaluated since day 1, their ability to show something with the squad they have. Not in our fans eyes. We can’t judge the manager until he signs 20 players. Absolute madness.

tomaldinho1

However this ends up, it shouldn't reflect poorly on Ole. He's simply doing what any one of us would do and jumping at the chance to try and help the club that he loves, no matter how naive he might be to do so.

This is on the board - they hired a guy purely because of his status as a United legend and not because of his managerial record. When you think about it, it's crazy how someone with his experience has the job. Woodward must be held accountable for a decision which was clearly done to buy him extra time/take him out of the firing line.

predator

Youth NITK
Genuinely curious what that is?
Playing more youth players than previous managers, playing players with good attitudes who are desperate to play for the club, playing attacking high paced football and build onwards.

That's what I see currently see at the club as of late, given the signings, departures and simply the comments from the man in charge himself. Whether it actually materialises is another thing.

el3mel

We might get relegated and you'll still see the Top Reds here saying "You're spoiled glory hunters who only used to see us winning, stop fecking moaning. I saw United get relegated 60 years ago, it's not a big problem or something new. Trust Ole, he'll turn it on and we'll back in no time" or something.

DavidDeSchmikes

Manchester United legend Roy Keane says former team-mate Ole Gunnar Solskjaer should "100%" be given more time as manager.

"I think he has been brilliant, a good honest guy. It is hard work at the moment, but there are six or seven young players learning their way," said Keane on Sky Sports.

"We’re all very impatient, we want success yesterday, but you have to give the man time. He is frustrated, under pressure, but dealing with it. He’s a classy guy but no doubt he will be disappointed at not winning enough games.

"They have given him the job, support him in a couple of transfer windows. Are there more tough days ahead? You bet your life, but you need to stick with it. There was a lack of quality from both teams tonight. Their lack of goals, the lack of opportunities they’re creating.

"Give these boys time. But on tonight's performance, none of them [neither Manchester United nor Arsenal] will be in the top four.

From the BBC

Sara125

I don’t think Liverpool should be the game in which he gets sacked for if we lose. They are exceptionally good and I can’t imagine too many fans expecting us to get anything out of it.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The last bit won't happen and I'm not so sure I agree it's not possible to succeed if you get the right manager. Pretty much how Liverpool lucked out with Klopp.
The right manager needs the right environment in order to succeed. You don't have that at United. There is absolutely no structure. All major footballing decisions are made by a guy who hasn't got a clue about football. Four permanent managers have failed in the last 6 years. All with different backgrounds and styles of football. All have one thing in common. Ed Woodward.

Giggsyking

He has no respect to the fans, otherwise he would resign because the job is bigger than him, but holding on the job because it is his dream while 600 m supporter suffer because of that is a disgrace.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
He has no respect to the fans, otherwise he would resign because the job is bigger than him, but holding on the job because it is his dream while 600 m supporter suffer because of that is a disgrace.
That is a stupid argument. Attack his defensive organisation, attacking coaching, substitutes or whatever, but that is ridiculous.

Kag

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has “no respect” for United fans. So says a bloke that is in all likelihood punching the walls from inside a basement in either the States or South East Asia.

wolvored

I don’t think Liverpool should be the game in which he gets sacked for if we lose. They are exceptionally good and I can’t imagine too many fans expecting us to get anything out of it.
Thing is we go into every game now not expecting to win. We cant manage more than 1 goal, as the Chelsea game was a fluke.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Playing more youth players than previous managers, playing players with good attitudes who are desperate to play for the club, playing attacking high paced football and build onwards.

That's what I see currently see at the club as of late, given the signings, departures and simply the comments from the man in charge himself. Whether it actually materialises is another thing.
Are you having a laugh? The football is horrendous, no patterns of play at all, zero identity. And he's had time to amend that. I'm not even going into the questionable 'good attitudes' argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.