Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traub

Inter have been totally transformed under Conte and their major signing was Lukaku ffs. Anyone who thinks a different manager won't get more out of this group of players (I'm not saying top 4 challenger but definitely top 6) are biased IMO.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Stick by the manager.

The signings he has made have been brilliant.

We are going through a very rough patch but we just need some luck with injuries and getting our best players back.
First class delusion. James is pretty crap. Maguire is a decent signing and AWB, like James, has so much to prove. One signing improves us, the others just go in with the rest of our as may or may not turn out to be good. All in all - not the signings we needed.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
If the Liverpool game is an embarrassment, I think this will be the end of Ole and I guess a guy like Laurent Blanc would come in temporarily until a better option comes along.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Both squad and starting line up are better compared to the liked of Newcastle, come on mate. Have we really sunk that low to big up every shite team we're playing against?

Have you seen Newcastle lately before our game, honestly?

2 weeks ago Brighton battered them at their home soil and can't believe they didn't end up with three points.

Passes
280 - 718

This was from the game against Brighton. Only Watford have been worse than them this season. They are really and utterly clueless.
They didn't win though and we had similar domination in passes ourselves today. The only difference is a long range effort for Newcastle went in today.

Thats a relevant comparison though, a bottom half team (our line up today would fall into that category) playing against relegation fodder away from home. Nothing in it.

fergiesarmy1

If the Liverpool game is an embarrassment, I think this will be the end of Ole and I guess a guy like Laurent Blanc would come in temporarily until a better option comes along.
That was the plan with Ole, can’t see what can possibly go wrong :lol:

edgar allan

Yes I have. No one forced our manager to play 4-2-3-1 with Fred in it does it?

That didn't answer my question though, have you seen Newcastle play this year?
Not replacing the two midfielders that left kind of has you know.

I have seen Newcastle play this year and they have been absolutely terrible......but none as terrible as Fred today.

Andersons Dietician

At the rate he is going he might need to perform Harakiri to save face.

I do think we needed this hard reset and in a way I hope the board stick to it and don’t once again bottle it and jump to another completely different tact. I am/was willing to give Ole the benefit of the doubt let him ride out this storm and see how it goes as I’d imagine surely they plan on bringing in reinforcements in January. If they allow him that and see how he goes for the rest of the season but if come March he is flirting with the relegation zone then a seriously hard decision will have to be made.

Feel like if Poch gets sacked by Spurs United might move for him.

Fluctuation0161

Ed is the main problem. Without question.
Not backing Mourinho after he gave him new contract, hiring Ole too early after he had a plan to hire another manager when season ends and now sticking with Ole when it is obvious that he will be fired soonercor later
Agreed. I think as a minimum, Woodward needs to stop having a say on the footballing direction of the club. Ole also, I'm sad to say, isn't good enough.

Commercially people say Woodward is strong, but our revenue growth is in line with other premiership clubs. Driven by the increase in Premier League TV money and sponsorship which has helped all clubs.

Judas

Open to offers
It's sad when I agree with Jamie Redknapp, but he was spot on after the game about the mess we're in and how similar it is to the path Liverpool were going down in the 90s.

dove

First class delusion. James is pretty crap. Maguire is a decent signing and AWB, like James, has so much to prove. One signing improves us, the others just go in with the rest of our as may or may not turn out to be good. All in all - not the signings we needed.
It's funny seeing people say stuff like "The signings he has made have been brilliant." :lol: We were very heavily linked with Maguire last year and paid a world record fee for a defender this year, paid £50m for AWB who was rated one of the best rightbacks in the league and James who has been OK. Listening to some people over here you would think we bought 5 world beaters for £50m combined :lol:

edgar allan

Surely we can’t be much worse than the rest of the league even with current personnel. We have little talent for a top club but still we do have some talent.
Should have enough talent in the squad to be a mid-table team.
That team today is a bottom 6 team at best.

edgar allan

It's sad when I agree with Jamie Redknapp, but he was spot on after the game about the mess we're in and how similar it is to the path Liverpool were going down in the 90s.
We are in danger of being much worse than Liverpool at that time.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
That was the plan with Ole, can’t see what can possibly go wrong :lol:
Well, it was until they gave him a permanent position with a fat contract. For what it's worth, Laurent Blanc is a much better manager and is actually available, just don't let a few good results end up with a permanent job.

fergiesarmy1

Feel like if Poch gets sacked by Spurs United might move for him.
If that is the plan by the board and we are too cheap to go for him while he’s at Spurs it wouldn’t feel like we were 100% convinced he’s the right man, just looking for the easiest options when hard choices are needed.

dogwithabone

A workmanlike narrow defeat against Liverpool and he will likely survive but a proper bartering, 4-0 something like that, and I don’t see any way back.

I’m fearful, this could be become very messy when they roll into town if our performances are anything remotely like the last four or five have been.

Enigma_87

You know who
They didn't win though and we had similar domination in passes ourselves today. The only difference is a long range effort for Newcastle went in today.

Thats a relevant comparison though, a bottom half team (our line up today would fall into that category) playing against relegation fodder away from home. Nothing in it.
No, we didn't.
They had a good 140 passes more.

The difference is Newcastle also hit the bar.
The team we put on today isn't on par with Newcastle ffs, not sure why you keep up with the excuses for this incompetent manager.

Luke1995

Agree there. I wanted him to be successful and given time. Now I'm worried. Very worried. He looks well out of his depth. He either needs some help or he has to go before it gets very messy
The problem is, the club have tried proven winners like Van Gaal and Mourinho and it didn't work out, but it can't work with newbies either.

No easy answer as to who the new coach could or should be.

Enigma_87

You know who
Not replacing the two midfielders that left kind of has you know.

I have seen Newcastle play this year and they have been absolutely terrible......but none as terrible as Fred today.
Not really. 4-2-3-1 is clearly not working. Pereira as a RW is clearly not working, what does Ole today? 4-2-3-1 with Pereira on the wing..

One of our players being terrible doesn't change the fact we were playing today one really shocking side.

Judas

Open to offers
I don't really understand how a person paid to be manager of manchester united should take this long to realise whatever he's trying (no idea what) isn't working and he needs to make some changes. Seems he's slow to react in every aspect of the job.

reddevil702

Hope I wake up to news he’s been sacked tomorrow morning. Just when you think it can’t get worse, Ole finds a way.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

And to think everything could have been different if Woodward didn't jump the gun and offer him a contract before the season finished

Alemar

He should be sacked but he won't be
For the owners and CEO, what is the benefit to keep him and obviously fight relegation (without any assurances of this fight being a success)? Man Utd have become a laughing stock, in what respect does it help from the commercial standpoint (or from any standpoint whatsoever)?

Castia

Not really. 4-2-3-1 is clearly not working. Pereira as a RW is clearly not working, what does Ole today? 4-2-3-1 with Pereira on the wing..

One of our players being terrible doesn't change the fact we were playing today one really shocking side.
He insists on playing a 10 when we have zero creativity or player good enough to fill the role.

Might as well play with 10 men.

Enigma_87

You know who
Man Utd have become a laughing stock, in what respect does it help from the commercial standpoint (or from any standpoint whatsoever)?
From comical standpoint of view is not bad. There's potential there.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
For the owners and CEO, what is the benefit to keep him and obviously fight relegation (without any assurances of this fight being a success)? Man Utd have become a laughing stock, in what respect does it help from the commercial standpoint (or from any standpoint whatsoever)?
The owners are crazy. They should have sold the club a long time ago

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
James isn't 'crap' at all.

Ole's signings aren't anything special since they're utterly obvious.

But James isn't crap.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
A workmanlike narrow defeat against Liverpool and he will likely survive but a proper bartering, 4-0 something like that, and I don’t see any way back.

I’m fearful, this could be become very messy when they roll into town if our performances are anything remotely like the last four or five have been.
I can see us losing by more than 4 against Liverpool.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
No, we didn't.
They had a good 140 passes more.

The difference is Newcastle also hit the bar.
The team we put on today isn't on par with Newcastle ffs, not sure why you keep up with the excuses for this incompetent manager.
OK, Brighton won the passing stats fair enough.

We obviously have wildly different opinions on how good our back up players are and how poor the opposition are in the ultra competitive PL. It's pointless really taking this further.

Other posters are accusing me of being ill because I don't think the likes of Young, Pereira, Mata, Fred and Dalot are good enough to win the majority of games. Unless you're saying it's 100% Ole's fault no one is willing to discuss reasons we might not be winning games here.

el3mel

11 matches this season, 3 wins only with 27% win rate, 11 goals scored ( 4 of them were in one game ). People kept telling us to forget or not calculate the previous season terrible run at the end with this is shaping up to be as bad if not worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.