Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggsyking

He should be ashamed of what he has done, If I was in his shoes, I would go to Ed Woodward and ask him for the rest of the year's payments instead of letting Ed wait till its mathematically not possible to qualify to the CL so Ed wont have to pay the rest of the contract. Be Ole will not do it, he cares about himself and does not give a shit about the fans.

Last edited:

GioF

I will always love Ole. Any true fan of our great club will. But he has to step down. Maybe not now but certainly come mid/late November. It’s not just the players, it’s clear the fundamentals and ‘way of play’ that Ole so stubbornly sticks to just simply doesn’t work.

I’d like our new successor brought in around this time (mid/late Nov). Give him some quality time to dissect this squad and get shut of the many frauds who are stealing a living.

Come January I’d invest heavy in 2-3 players also promoting the youth players more.(E.g Mata sold with Gomes taking his minutes)

I’d prefer 2-3 quality signings now with another 3-4 in the summer. That way we are not looking at the unrealistic/improbable 8in 8out transfer window in July. This doesn’t need to be superstars at stupid prices; but instead players with that touch of quality and courage to either dictate the play in midfield or create a chance in attack.

Julian Naglesmann, Brandon Rodgers, Erik ten Hag and Mauricio Pochettino are my top four managers I’d personallh like us to target.

Ronaldo's Love Child

I'm beginning to wonder if Ole is a convenient sacrificial lamb.

The rebuild was needed but would that have whetted the appetite of any Class A managers in world football? Risking their reputation at a rudder-less club is may be a risk too far for most top class managers

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
First step towards recovery would be acceptance that things are bad , unfortunately everyone at the club from top to bottom has their eyes closed and just watching Manchester United go from one low to the next . The belief that Manchester United are too big to fail needs to be removed from all this or else even worse times are coming

Enigma_87

You know who
OK, Brighton won the passing stats fair enough.

We obviously have wildly different opinions on how good our back up players are and how poor the opposition are in the ultra competitive PL. It's pointless really taking this further.

Other posters are accusing me of being ill because I don't think the likes of Young, Pereira, Mata, Fred and Dalot are good enough to win the majority of games. Unless you're saying it's 100% Ole's fault no one is willing to discuss reasons we might not be winning games here.
Other teams also have injuries and suspensions. Newcastle also had missing players and suspended players today.

Under different manager we should be 100% winning this. Our squad(not first 11 as this was on Ole) was well good enough to beat a terrible Newcastle side. This is inexcusable and in De Gea's words - unacceptable.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Somebody needs to ask Gary Neville if this was happening at Salford what would he do? He’s so full of fecking shit it is unreal. The whole club and everyone who used to play for us are stuck in the past and that’s what has caused this mess.

Ronaldo's Love Child

I think the game against Norwich will finally put us in relegation zone.
I don't even look at our next fixture anymore. Our next opponents are irrelevant from game to game as it's not the opponent we are failing to beat.

We will struggle to beat ANY time at the moment and that is the worry.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
No worries, at all mate, I totally understand.

It's so frustrating. Didn't mean any disrespect to you as a poster.
Its insanity, literally. Watching games with no hope at all expecting a different result. Football used to be a joy, not anymore. I dread it now.

Giggsyking

Somebody needs to ask Gary Neville if this was happening at Salford what would he do? He’s so full of fecking shit it is unreal. The whole club and everyone who used to play for us are stuck in the past and that’s what has caused this mess.
He needs to shut his stupid mouth up.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I just hope fans won't turn on him and call him whatever names although it's already happening. Then again Cafe fans are not a real representative of United fans in general. At least the loudest ones.
Already happening.

Enigma_87

You know who
I don't even look at our next fixture anymore. Our next opponents are irrelevant from game to game as it's not the opponent we are failing to beat.

We will struggle to beat ANY time at the moment and that is the worry.
Yeah, just putting it up in perspective. If we fail to beat either Norwich or Pool it would be our worst start to a campaign since 86/87 where we ended up in relegation zone before Fergie took over, when we had 8 points in 10 games.

Before that I think the worst start we had in 10 games was the year before we got relegated. :lol:

DomM

Clearly out of his depth, seems to have no control over anything, time to move on.

OrcaFat

No, we didn't.
They had a good 140 passes more.

The difference is Newcastle also hit the bar.
The team we put on today isn't on par with Newcastle ffs, not sure why you keep up with the excuses for this incompetent manager.
Side questions:
Would we have won today if we had Bruce and Newcastle had Ole?

Would Bruce be a better manager for us than Ole?

I would say no. Of course I’m not saying anyone thinks we should hire Bruce but if it’s not about the players then it’s about the managers - both of them.

Ole should probably have got more points than he has over the last 20 games. But on a game by game basis it is not clear that another manager could have done better given the quality of the players we have on the pitch.

Many overrate our players - when you consider how rarely any of them have actually played well (and that’s over a very long period for most of them) and yet people still assume Poch (or another) would get them playing much better - this seems doubtful.

I suppose our players, even today, were better than Newcastle’s. So some credit to Bruce? If we had a different manager - say Bruce - he might get us a few more points than Ole by adopting strategies that embrace the weaknesses of our players. Would that be preferable? Maybe. But would that approach be compatible with the sort of long term development that we need?

Any manager taking on our players and setting them up as if they are any good will suffer the same disappointments we are getting now.

Giggsyking

I just hope fans won't turn on him and call him whatever names although it's already happening. Then again Cafe fans are not a real representative of United fans in general. At least the loudest ones.
If he wants to keep the love of the fans, come tomorrow morning and hand in your resignation. This if he has any self respect left in him.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Yeah, just putting it up in perspective. If we fail to beat either Norwich or Pool it would be our worst start to a campaign since 86/87 where we ended up in relegation zone before Fergie took over, when we had 8 points in 10 games.

Before that I think the worst start we had in 10 games was the year before we got relegated. :lol:
I’m pretty sure I’ve seen a post which mentioned that point for point we already have a worse start than the year we got relegated. 2 points given per win at that time.

ash_86

If he wants to keep the love of the fans, come tomorrow morning and hand in your resignation. This if he has any self respect left in him.
That's not his job. That's Ed 's job to sack . It would be a career suicide if he hands over resignation.

Judas

Open to offers
Look we all went into the season with low expectations, but this team is performing so much lower than the lowest of expectations that it needs to be addressed.

We couldn't have a worst and best next game if we tried in a way. We won't be expected to get anything, but if we can't get up for a game against Liverpool, they all deserve binning.

JMack1234

Ole isn't a very good manager.

That much is clear. His hear is in the right place and he loves he bones of Man United but he isn't good enough and who'd have thought it? A man who whose only success was at Molde isn't good enough to manage Manchester United.

Still I blame myself and I blame us. We all got excited because he had a massive bounce because he wasn't Jose Mourinho and we all thought he we'd somehow stumbled on the right but we haven't. There is more chance of me walking on the moon than Solskjaer taking this team back to any sort of glory and sooner we accept that the better.

It's not Ole's fault. It's not his fault that he was promoted to a job that we can't do and he deserves to walk out his head held high but sooner he walks out the better.

Foxbatt

I really don't understand why some people are excusing Ole by saying that the squad is poor? Of course it's poor but he made it poor by not buying players who are better than what we have.
Does Ole think Messi and Ronaldo are going to come to United to play for him?
I really don't understand his mentality. Any player who is better than what he has would have been better but again if he is a terrible coach which he is proving now, it doesn't matter.
Fat Sam would have this same team beating teams which we have not beaten under Ole.
Please go and save your reputation.

C3Pique

You would go from one of the biggest and the most paid jobs in the world? Especially when you know that your next job is some shit lower division club or some medium club from average league at best?

This is Ole's peak in his career. After United it is Norway league or league1. If we slip on 20th place and players make a petition to board against him he will fight for staying here
If that job involved being humiliated and proven as clueless in front of millions of viewers worldwide every week, I'd resign regardless of the wage.

The fact that we all hate Ole right now should be enough for him to want to walk away. If he has any shame.

Enigma_87

You know who
If that job involved being humiliated and proven as clueless in front of millions of viewers worldwide every week, I'd resign regardless of the wage.

The fact that we all hate Ole right now should be enough for him to want to walk away. If he has any shame.
He's already found out. He will not get a high profile job again - that's for sure.

Why not get several millions as a golden parachute?

He's not an idiot.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ole isn't a very good manager.

That much is clear. His hear is in the right place and he loves he bones of Man United but he isn't good enough and who'd have thought it? A man who whose only success was at Molde isn't good enough to manage Manchester United.

Still I blame myself and I blame us. We all got excited because he had a massive bounce because he wasn't Jose Mourinho and we all thought he we'd somehow stumbled on the right but we haven't. There is more chance of me walking on the moon than Solskjaer taking this team back to any sort of glory and sooner we accept that the better.

It's not Ole's fault. It's not his fault that he was promoted to a job that we can't do and he deserves to walk out his head held high but sooner he walks out the better.
It was such a freak bounce, and let’s be honest it lasted way longer than usual. It seemed like it was for real, but the PSG win just blew everything we had.

I can’t believe how badly it’s changed since then, it really doesn’t make sense and I doubt he’s personally doing much different.

The issue is we’ve made no progress from that point and only seem to be going backwards. I can’t actually tell what he wants us to do either?. Possession, counter, cross? Work the ball into the box?.

he seems to want to do a bit of everything but he’s no clear identity. No patterns of play worked on, clearly no set piece work.

I desperately want his luck to change but I just can’t see us coming back now.

I’m genuinely shocked that we are actually in relegation form - not just saying that. If this continues we will be fighting for the bottom spots :lol: I get that he and Woodward have some sort of plan - but that’s surely out the window if we can’t even get the top half of the table? Madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.